New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    hmmm. if the government will lift coding, will the makati government oblige?
    i dont think so.. may sariling government ang makati eh. it even has its own traffic rules which cant be seen on other cities. sabi nga ni binay.. "Makati, Mahalin natin, Akin Ito". Kaya nga "B" ang logo ng makati instead of M.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    The UVVRP just shows the inability of the government to really govern. Since it cant seem to discipline everyone, they just decided to put strict rules on the most 'governable', i.e., the private motorist.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    i dont think so.. may sariling government ang makati eh. it even has its own traffic rules which cant be seen on other cities. sabi nga ni binay.. "Makati, Mahalin natin, Akin Ito". Kaya nga "B" ang logo ng makati instead of M.
    honestly vulnerable kasi ang makati area sa labis na traffic dahil halos karamihan ng dumadaan sa EDSA eh dun dumadaan..tska karamihan ay dun nagtratrabaho at nagnenegosyo

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I think coding should stay for a while...I agree with pitbullz...bawasan ang mga jeepney...most of the time ang konti lang ng mga passengers tapos papara ng alanganin para mag pickup ng pasahero....same goes with the buses...actually with the registration process alone I think our traffic would be solved if the emission test and road worthiness are in full effect...half of these vehicles would not pass the inspection.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    uy. sjcs ka pala. anong batch mo hehehe

shadow: ows? antagal tagal ko na nagmamaneho pero di ko napansin na may checklist pala kapag nagpaparehistro hehehe sguro dahil hindi nga talaga ginagawa kaya hindi ko namalayan alam ko lang ay yun emmision testing na moro moro lang at yun lintek na TPL na walang kwenta hay nako. hindi talaga natin kaya ma implement mga laws natin...

unahin na ang pedicabs,then tricycle,tapos jeep and finally mga bastos na bus drivers

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Another suggestion that would help.

Get rid of half the buses running around.

They're hardly full anyways and those that are are TOO FULL!

Remember when they cracked down on colorum buses? Traffic was so light for a few weeks after that.

If you look at EDSA right now, most of the jams and choke points are caused by buses. I'm sure it's pretty much the same elsewhere.

Once you get rid of half the buses, educate the remaining drivers further. That will hopefully solve the problem.

Same can be said of PUJs I reckon.

Time to wake up for me though as this is the Philippines and I doubt if me or my kids will see this happen in our lifetimes.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i totally agree with that...

just look at guadalupe and balintawak...as usual ningas cogon lang yan eh...

isa pang nakaka inis ay yun mga trucks...9am yun window period nila pero 8:30 pa lang andami na nila sa san marcelino etc

i dont imagine myself raising my kids here in the philippines...at least that not what i want to.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234