New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 180 of 238 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2376
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    May S&R discount naman ako kaya sulit yung UniOil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Sa dami ng "generic" gas stations ngayon, safe kanya sa kanila? Like Jut says, the only difference vs the big names are the additives and of course the brand. Di pa kasi maalis sa isip ko na may additives din sila... na tubig Gas stations with cheaper fuel prices [continued]

Dito sa amin, there's one generic gas station that sells 91 gasoline at 4 kesos lower than the big names
    So far okay ang Uno. I have been using this for the past 3 years and no problems at all.

But I agree. Lots of "generic" strangely named gas stations in the provinces with very cheap prices. Stations are unkempt and staff are in ordinary street clothes, shorts and slippers. I generally avoid these like the China Wuhan Virus

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    May S&R discount naman ako kaya sulit yung UniOil
    For my diesels UniOil lang talaga ako. Euro5 gives me peace of mind.
    Ok na yung slightly more expensive fill-ups if it helps the very expensive injection pump last longer.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    For my diesels UniOil lang talaga ako. Euro5 gives me peace of mind.
    Ok na yung slightly more expensive fill-ups if it helps the very expensive injection pump last longer.
    what spec of euro5 affects the injection pump? hehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    Damage to the injection pump usually happens when contaminants are mixed in with the fuel, kaya in Australia one of the recommended mods is a fuel pre-filter.
    Advantage of Euro 5 is mas malinis yung fuel itself. Specifically less sulfur, water, ash, and particulates.

Euro4 for example Sulfur is 50ppm, Euro5 that's down to 10ppm. Aside from there are also metrics for lower contamination levels of water, ash and other contaminants (200mg/kg, 0.01% m/m, 24mg/kg). For water and sediments Euro5 is 5x and 2x less than Euro4.
    All of these are inspected at the pump, so a Euro5 certified gas station is regularly checked to be in compliance with these.

Full fuel specification of Euro5 diesel here: http://www.envirochem.hu/www.enviroc...2009_hhV05.pdf
    DENR presentation for adoption of Euro4 here: Just a moment...
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; October 26th, 2020 at 09:41 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Damage to the injection pump usually happens when contaminants are mixed in with the fuel, kaya in Australia one of the recommended mods is a fuel pre-filter.
    Advantage of Euro 5 is mas malinis yung fuel itself. Specifically less sulfur, water, ash, and particulates.

Euro4 for example Sulfur is 50ppm, Euro5 that's down to 10ppm. Aside from there are also metrics for lower contamination levels of water, ash and other contaminants (200mg/kg, 0.01% m/m, 24mg/kg). For water and sediments Euro5 is 5x and 2x less than Euro4.
    All of these are inspected at the pump, so a Euro5 certified gas station is regularly checked to be in compliance with these.

Full fuel specification of Euro5 diesel here: http://www.envirochem.hu/www.enviroc...2009_hhV05.pdf
    Hmm ang concern ko kasi kung di naman po rated for Euro5 yung car, there should be no need to be that stringent. Hehehehe anyway being careful is never bad naman

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

I think you got it wrong. Sulfur actually acts as a lubricant so less sulfur equals less lubricating properties to the diesel which leads to more wear on the pump and injectors. On the other hand more sulfur equals more particulates in the exhaust, thus euro4 diesel has more smoke than euro5 diesel. "Cleanness" therefore is a measure of the sulfur content and not a measure of solid contaminants in the fuel that could cause wear on your engine components. However since philippine diesels are blended with biodiesel this lack of lubrication properties is already addressed. If you are still concerned that biodiesel does not provide enough lubrication then there are additives available.

But yes, it is better to use euro5 for the environment.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    Napag usapan namin to kanina, we just had our other car's injection pump repaired, palit rotor head kasi gasgas na. Car won't start and sometimes stops in the middle of the road. Now it runs better and smoother.

Matapang daw ang formulation ng Euro V and even V Power, sabi niya yung Fuel Save na lang. Unioil advised owners of older cars to check oil seals kasi mag ddeteriorate daw. He also mentioned fuel additives pero mahal daw around 700/bottle to help with lubrication.

Sa Unioil Subic, so far they don't honor the S&R card but if you use Eastwest I believe same discount din, so nag full tank ako around 26/L lang kasi may P1 off pa yata sa pump mismo.

Yung isang car naman 2 ang fuel filter, even the secondary one maitim, so I guess depende pa din sa station if malinis sila.

Sent from my H8266 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    Napag usapan namin to kanina, we just had our other car's injection pump repaired, palit rotor head kasi gasgas na. Car won't start and sometimes stops in the middle of the road. Now it runs better and smoother.

Matapang daw ang formulation ng Euro V and even V Power, sabi niya yung Fuel Save na lang. Unioil advised owners of older cars to check oil seals kasi mag ddeteriorate daw. He also mentioned fuel additives pero mahal daw around 700/bottle to help with lubrication.

Sa Unioil Subic, so far they don't honor the S&R card but if you use Eastwest I believe same discount din, so nag full tank ako around 26/L lang kasi may P1 off pa yata sa pump mismo.

Yung isang car naman 2 ang fuel filter, even the secondary one maitim, so I guess depende pa din sa station if malinis sila.

Sent from my H8266 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Some add 2T oil to the diesel instead of those pricey additives. What model vehicle ba?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Some add 2T oil to the diesel instead of those pricey additives. What model vehicle ba?
    ... 2T motor oil.
    takal-takal motor oil.
    heh heh.
    la lang.

in some motorcycle-abound neighborhoods,
    the gas station already has bottles of the stuff mixture,
    ready for purchase and pouring into the 'siklo.

Gas stations with cheaper fuel prices [continued]