New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Well, these people worked hard.

If they waited for some philanthropist or whined day-in and day-out, i bet they wouldn't be as rich now.

Being an oligarch (not that I am implying that they are) is inevitable. Having so much money and business interests will give you power over other people. People will offer themselves to you at your disposal because they wanna be thrown a bone too.

There are two ways to use your advantage, negatively or positively. Your character then will decide on that.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Well, these people worked hard.

If they waited for some philanthropist or whined day-in and day-out, i bet they wouldn't be as rich now.

Being an oligarch (not that I am implying that they are) is inevitable. Having so much money and business interests will give you power over other people. People will offer themselves to you at your disposal because they wanna be thrown a bone too.

There are two ways to use your advantage, negatively or positively. Your character then will decide on that.
    Bravo..

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    "There's an Ayala in your life" as they say but the Chinese say...

"There are three ways to do business, the Right way, the Wrong way and the Gokongwei!"

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    napansin ko lang po puro chinese and spanish descent ang mga pinoys na nasa forbes list. i wonder why po?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Emgeesy View Post
    napansin ko lang po puro chinese and spanish descent ang mga pinoys na nasa forbes list. i wonder why po?
    nasa lahi na nila yung pagiging magaling sa negosyo ... matagal na nilang ginagawa ang magnegosyo noong caveman pa ang pinoy

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hindi kaya dahil ang mga espanol ang sumakop sa atin noon? di ba mana lang naman ang kayamanan nila zobel? at ang mga chinoys ay dayuhan at inaapi ng mga indio noon, kaya sila nag sumikap?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    As history would dictate it, the Spaniards have always been the more ambitious race. They are risk takers by nature hence the Spanish Conquistadors, who willingly traveled the globe in search of natural resources and commodities to be traded back to the rest of their colonized territories. Filipinos at that time in history were always the ones willing to be paid for work but at the same time learns from their "boss'" ways.

The Chinese, as my lola would have it, have been trading with each other long before the world was open to trade. Being the first in nearly everything, the chinese abacus is perhaps the best evidence of business, being the most recognized symbol in the trading world.

The only main difference I see with both races is that the Chinese has always been thrift as opposed to the more flamboyant Spaniards.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Bakit parang sa kabila ng mga nagawa nilang mabuti eh parang naiisip ko na somehow they gained something good for their business from these acts of kindness (maybe like some kind of deal on the side)?

Bakit wala yata si Henry Sy?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ika nga ni Dely Atayatayan noong araw eh...KAYA IKAW JAAAAHHNN MAGSUMIKAP KA!!

Actually the common John is masikap magastos lang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Filipinos in New Forbes Heroes list!