New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I know a guy who always drives with DRL. [SIZE=3]Naka-specify kasi sa insurance policy nya, they give slightly lower premiums if you agree to always drive with DRL.[/SIZE]

makes me wonder how they will monitor this???

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    so far, people only do DRL on rainy days.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Problem with DRL's that are standard on some cars is the driver's instruments are always lighted regardless of headlamp function, and so when it gets dark he'll think they're still on when they're not. I've been seeing increased non usage of the headlights at night on cars that usually have DRL's as standard.

DRL's are both good and bad, they're good for safety but when you take them for granted you'll assume the headlights are also on at night. Some features and controls are actually different so in reality you're being a danger by having NO lights at night.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    bihira dito sa pinas.

even i admit hindi ko ginagawa ito pag maliwanag. i only turn on my park lights during the day when it's (already) dark enough for me not to see my guages. kaya sa mga tunnels, parking and kapag makulimlim, umuulan dun lang ako nakaparklights. pag nasa highway din i turn on my park lights.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    nangyayari naman sa akin.. kahit umaga at maliwanag.. tapos lumabas ako nang basement parking eh nakakalimutan ko nang i off yung parking lights ko..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    pwede bang gawin DRL yung lo beam ng headlights nyo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i read in C/D that most americans actually hates DRL. for MCs that might be a wise feature. But because in some models, the DRLs are activated with the instrument cluster come night time, owners usually forget turning on the taillights. a lot of them had a rear accident something something getting hit because their butts are not well lit. heheheh

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I know a guy who always drives with DRL. Naka-specify kasi sa insurance policy nya, they give slightly lower premiums if you agree to always drive with DRL.
    is this true? dito ba yan sa manila? I think this is the first time that I heard of such provision on car insurance....

tama yun isang poster how would the insurance company know if your following it?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    i read in C/D that most americans actually hates DRL. for MCs that might be a wise feature. But because in some models, the DRLs are activated with the instrument cluster come night time, owners usually forget turning on the taillights. a lot of them had a rear accident something something getting hit because their butts are not well lit. heheheh
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Problem with DRL's that are standard on some cars is the driver's instruments are always lighted regardless of headlamp function, and so when it gets dark he'll think they're still on when they're not. I've been seeing increased non usage of the headlights at night on cars that usually have DRL's as standard.

DRL's are both good and bad, they're good for safety but when you take them for granted you'll assume the headlights are also on at night. Some features and controls are actually different so in reality you're being a danger by having NO lights at night.
    most of the new cars now comes with an optitron gauges, my other car has this type of gauge, so the instrumental panel are always lit..sooner or later people will get used to this kind of gauges....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    is this okay, my toy does not have DRL installed, but i use low headlight instead

anyway, when im on my way to Urdaneta and the headlight is on. dami ako nakasalubong na nagfaflash sa akin

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
daytime running lights (DRL)