New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hirap umakyat dyan ah.Congrats to the 3 of them.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Congrats to the 3 Filipinas for reaching Mt Everest!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Yeah, it's a walk in the park since a staggering 2000+ people have summitted Everest out of the 6.5 billion people currently living. And oh, only 200+ persons died trying to summit it. A 10% death probability is all that's waiting for you up there.

:hysterical:

Downtown Nepal is different from the summit of Mt. Everest. Climbing up to the Mt. Everst Base Camp is already a feat in itself - it is double elevation of Mt. Apo already and takes 10 days already.

You'll also need a few weeks acclimatizing there and going up and down the various base camps before trying to push for the summit for Base 4.

===

Dami talagang pessimist sa atin... an achievement is an achievement. If you don't have anything good to say about it then just don't post in here - we are not forcing you to like them but this is the THUMBS UP HQ - not the Pessimist Central Forum.

thanks for saving me time...i was going to post the same sentiments. i still can't figure out why people shoot down other people's achievements so readily. it is an extraordinary feat, and i applaud them for it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    thanks for saving me time...i was going to post the same sentiments. i still can't figure out why people shoot down other people's achievements so readily. it is an extraordinary feat, and i applaud them for it.
    ummm, crab mentality?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Yeah, it's a walk in the park since a staggering 2000+ people have summitted Everest out of the 6.5 billion people currently living. And oh, only 200+ persons died trying to summit it. A 10% death probability is all that's waiting for you up there.

:hysterical:

Downtown Nepal is different from the summit of Mt. Everest. Climbing up to the Mt. Everst Base Camp is already a feat in itself - it is double elevation of Mt. Apo already and takes 10 days already.

You'll also need a few weeks acclimatizing there and going up and down the various base camps before trying to push for the summit for Base 4.

===

Dami talagang pessimist sa atin... an achievement is an achievement. If you don't have anything good to say about it then just don't post in here - we are not forcing you to like them but this is the THUMBS UP HQ - not the Pessimist Central Forum.
    hahahaha Pessimist Central forum

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05 View Post
    bro di biro umakyat ng everest. you are battling snow, wind, exhaustion, pulmonary edema. you are risking your life. you have one foot in the grave basically. but climbing is not about fame or sanity. its about conquering yourself. its about discovering yourself, and discovering that there are things bigger than you.

of course, this is difficult to explain to people who have not climbed a mountain.
    yup you got me there. if some people need to beat a mountain to discover themselves then so be it

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    ummm, crab mentality?
    Sorta! :bwahaha:

Congrats sa kanila!!!

Big achievement yan, ako nga hagdan lang nalulula na e. :hihihi: :offtopic:

Quote Originally Posted by kupaloids View Post
    Sorta!
    Big achievement yan, ako nga hagdan lang nalulula na e. :hihihi: :offtopic:
    :lolabove:

natatawa ako dito bro..sabay tingin sa avatar mo:Off-Topic2:

:peace:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    i think mas nakaka umay si manny pacquiao kaysa dito sa everest climbers.. and lalong personal victory lang ang kay manny..parang kulang nga ang exposure nitong climbers eh..(maybe the last time they hyped the first climb..media and other people didnt make much money out of it...) siguro among mountaineers and others na trip ang ganyan in the Phils its a big thing kasi ung iba nga hanggang sa ding ding sa parkingan lang ng rockwell lang ang naaaykat..hehe..
    hehe. kaya "nagka-hype" last time kase may kanya kanyang manok yung dalawang bigtime tv networks.

great feat, nonetheless. i climb mountains before, di talaga biro ang umakyat. it's you against nature.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Congrats sa kanila...

Pero personally mas bilib ako sa mga sherpas! Kasi ang dami nilang dala tapos nakakaakyat pa ng ilang beses..hehehe joke...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
3 Filipinas reach Mount Everest summit