New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Its the rainy season and my accord is not high enough for the floods so I need to buy a 4x4 or 4x2 to cope.

Do you guys know any used car dealers who sell jimny's or vitara's under installment basis? Preferable for P240k or less. Or can you guys recommend any other brand that can match the price range of the suzuki? I really like the size and look of the suzuki's. Pajero's and Landcruisers are way too big and expensive.

Lagi nalang late dahil sa baha...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If all you need is to cross flooded streets with better "fording" ability, you might want to look into any of the small SUVs like CRV, X-Trail, RAV4, etc.

Even the Toyota Fortuner is a potential option if your budget permits.

But for your budget of P240K, I don't think it would be enough even to buy a 1st gen CRV.

You might have to look into alternative choices like AUVs. Example is the Toyota Tamaraw FX/REVO (1997 to 2000).

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Rav4's and CRV's are well out of my budget.

I plan to use the car on out of town get aways too. Dirt Roads and such are also why I'm looking for a 4x4. I've seen some adds for vitara's at 200+k before, but the problem is I want to get one under installment so I can still have cash left over for the family.

How about any good car dealers in the metro area? I've been to the one near Robinsons galleria and they only had a daihatsu. I really like a suzuki. Drove my friends vitara and I was hooked so now I need one of my own.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Joned View Post
    Rav4's and CRV's are well out of my budget.

I plan to use the car on out of town get aways too. Dirt Roads and such are also why I'm looking for a 4x4. I've seen some adds for vitara's at 200+k before, but the problem is I want to get one under installment so I can still have cash left over for the family.

How about any good car dealers in the metro area? I've been to the one near Robinsons galleria and they only had a daihatsu. I really like a suzuki. Drove my friends vitara and I was hooked so now I need one of my own.
    If you are targeting Vitara, you should try to look into 4X4 Forums. They might have a member who might be selling his Vitara.

http://4x4ph.com

Or Vitara Club Phil:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18519
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 20th, 2009 at 06:56 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for the info's. I'm looking thru car finder and I don't think any ad is for installment. So I guess used car dealers are my only option for installment.

Do you know any in the makati, alabang, paranaque, pasig, pasay, mandaluyong, or san juan areas, or any area in the metro? I've been to the one near galleria already.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    will banks still approve loans for a car more than 10 years old?

nahirapan na nga ko sa comprehensive insurance, kung di pa kakilala hindi pa ma insure yung 96 vitara ko.

auto dealers don't like selling vitara's, mahirap daw ibenta, nung naghahanap ako wala din ako nakita sa mga dealers, kung meron madalas yung laspag na

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    will banks still approve loans for a car more than 10 years old?

nahirapan na nga ko sa comprehensive insurance, kung di pa kakilala hindi pa ma insure yung 96 vitara ko.

auto dealers don't like selling vitara's, mahirap daw ibenta, nung naghahanap ako wala din ako nakita sa mga dealers, kung meron madalas yung laspag na
    The car dealer i went to this morning said I could get a 97 lancer at installment, same thing with an old feroza they had on the lot.

I've never had problems getting my 96 accord insured at standard insurance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Joned View Post
    Thanks for the info's. I'm looking thru car finder and I don't think any ad is for installment. So I guess used car dealers are my only option for installment.

Do you know any in the makati, alabang, paranaque, pasig, pasay, mandaluyong, or san juan areas, or any area in the metro? I've been to the one near galleria already.
    I think there is another one passed MC Home Depot along Ortigas Ave., facing Meralco. I know there is a couple of used car lots along Pasong Tamo near a certain supermarket and badminton center. (sorry, I can't remember the name of the intersecton) but it's the street that leads to SSH.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pwede naman po cgurong i-financing?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for the info guys!

I'll be going around all the places mentioned. I'll also take a look at the suzuki dealership if they accept trade ins. I'll gladly trade in my accord and my camry for a jimny just for the gas savings and being able to go through flooded streets. I prefer a used car though since its cheaper on the wallet.

Used suzuki 4x4 or 4x2 dealers?