New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 93 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It really depends on what you look for in a car. I would agree that most first time buyers will see great value with the Vitara since it's feature packed and it's an "SUV".

But you're also right in saying that you get picky once you've tried different cars. I've driven a whole range of cars from cute little Picantos to high-end Lexuses, and for me the Vitara falls in the bottom of the range when it comes to interior finish.

A more relevant comparison would be other cars in the 1M price range. For starters, the Vitara's interior is nowhere near that of the Civic or Mazda 3. Even among its subcompact CUV rivals, I'd say the Juke feels more upscale inside. I'd go as far as saying that subcompact cars like the City and Mazda 2 also have better interiors and finish. For sure, the City's doors close with a much more solid thud than the Vitara.

That said, if I really had to buy a subcompact CUV, the Vitara would still be my top pick. It looks good from outside (while I find the Ecosport and Juke quirky), plus it has a pretty good feature set and commendable FC.
    I say it's compromised because I'm coming from the vantage point that this price range was previously the exclusive realm of compact cars. Subcompact CUVs came, but at a cost, namely:

- Less space (even more cramped than a City)
    - Poorer handling (because of the higher ride height)
    - Less comfortable ride (because of the non-independent rear suspension and shorter wheelbase)
    - Inferior build quality (tinny door close, very little soft-touch plastics)
    - Less power (more weight but same engines as subcompacts, though at least the Vitara is an improvement because it's much lighter than other small CUVs)
    - Cheaper interior finish (no subcompact CUV even comes with a center armrest! [emoji35])

All of that for a few inches of ride height.

The nice thing about the Vitara is that even if it suffers all the fundamental problems with subcompact CUVs, it's fully loaded when you look at the paper specs - moon roof, climate control, cruise control, LED headlamps, rain-sensing wipers, push button ignition, a huge touch screen head unit, 6 airbags, traction control, parking camera and sensors, leather steering wheel, paddle shifters, power folding mirrors, and so on.

Which is why the Vitara is my top pick among the subcompact CUVs, like I said above.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Cabin space of vitara for me is decent enough, i dont feel cramped, mas masikip loob ecosport, i also own a 2.0 lancer EX, Ford Escape and a Ranger Wildtrak so i can compare the difference,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bongbojador View Post
    Cabin space of vitara for me is decent enough, i dont feel cramped, mas masikip loob ecosport, i also own a 2.0 lancer EX, Ford Escape and a Ranger Wildtrak so i can compare the difference,

Cabin space as driver or as rear passenger? All cars have decent space for drivers since you can always move the seat back.

For rear passengers, the Vitara still has decent space to fit 3, but legroom is less compared to similarly priced cars like the Civic and even compared to cheaper cars like the City.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Cabin space as driver or as rear passenger? All cars have decent space for drivers since you can always move the seat back.

For rear passengers, the Vitara still has decent space to fit 3, but legroom is less compared to similarly priced cars like the Civic and even compared to cheaper cars like the City.

Back seat, civic is totally different and more expensive than a vitara, mas maluwag ang rear space ng vitara compared sa Lancer EX, and vitara is wider than a City specs wise, wider by 80mm and taller 125mm,

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Interior quality is a factor since that's what you see and feel when driving ... once you get to drive a well built car it's hard to go back ... that's why some would rather buy an 8-10 year old midsize or European car ...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Interior quality is a factor since that's what you see and feel when driving ... once you get to drive a well built car it's hard to go back ... that's why some would rather buy an 8-10 year old midsize or European car ...
    I totally agree on this. This was a major factor for me back when i was choosing our 2nd car.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    +1 here. I go for interior quality, this is where you dwell every time you step in to the car. I like it clean,neat and nice to look at. A minimalist at best. Space, not something i really consider.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bongbojador View Post
    Back seat, civic is totally different and more expensive than a vitara, mas maluwag ang rear space ng vitara compared sa Lancer EX, and vitara is wider than a City specs wise, wider by 80mm and taller 125mm,

There's only a 40k difference between the Vitara GLX and Civic 1.8E. The GL+ is cheaper but also with less features, although its feature set and pricing makes it comparable to a City VX.

You're comparing exterior dimensions of the City and Vitara, which is not automatically indicative of interior space, especially of two different body styles. I just had a City last week so I can compare and it's certainly roomier than the Vitara for rear seat passengers. More legroom with roughly the same shoulder room and headroom.

Last edited by jut703; April 7th, 2018 at 12:28 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    It is really hard or impossible to quantify build quality / class in a paper.

Nothing against the vitara though as it brings a lot compared to the cuv competion.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    It is really hard or impossible to quantify build quality / class in a paper.

Nothing against the vitara though as it brings a lot compared to the cuv competion.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Subcompact crossover, you mean? A Vitara is still far off against the crop of CUVs (Forester, CX5, CRV, RAV4, Sportage, Tucson).

Same with Jut, a compact car is a better buy over most of these subcompact crossovers if you drive mostly on paved city roads.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Subcompact crossover, you mean? A Vitara is still far off against the crop of CUVs (Forester, CX5, CRV, RAV4, Sportage, Tucson).

Same with Jut, a compact car is a better buy over most of these subcompact crossovers if you drive mostly on paved city roads.

For paved city roads no question about that. That is why in the provinces you see a lot of avanza, innova, ertiga vs sedan because of better performance in the glory road that DPWH maintains daw.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!