New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    The reverse light actually is not just for the driver, it's a signal light for other motorists as well. Why make it only one. Tsk.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    maniwala ka bro, maraming matagal na driver na di alam yan O_o
    para san pa daw yung hazard lights, mas alam daw ng tao you are reversing LOL

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    maniwala ka bro, maraming matagal na driver na di alam yan O_o
    para san pa daw yung hazard lights, mas alam daw ng tao you are reversing LOL
    Correct.

OT: Napapailing din ako sa traffic light stops, briefly makikita mo mag flash yung reverse light ng nasa harapan mo which can only mean the dude put the gear on Park. Sino nag turo ng ganun?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Kei cars are not cheap. Fully equipped sila and I'm not sure if our local market will be enough to entice Japanese manufacturers to build a separate production line for us.

Higher possibility yung small cars ng India.

Lastly, ang hirap kasi sa atin, walang "City Car," kahit yung Eon makikita mo sa mga highway... A lot of people will recommend (kahit dito sa Tsikot) na a used bigger car is a better option.
    True, if the price is too high, then no one will buy/bite.

But if the actual real world City FC of 11 to 19km/l for the 1.0L of the Spresso is something to go by, it really is a very efficient city car. I wonder what increasing the tire size will do to the FC (Reduce it by how much)?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    But if the actual real world City FC of 11 to 19km/l for the 1.0L of the Spresso is something to go by, it really is a very efficient city car.
    the car will get a good "word of mouth" from existing owners.

It's manual so depende sa driver kung gusto nya maka-tipid...

2nd, most owners will be first time (brand new) car buyers. So they will compare the car with their 10-20 years old car... syempre mas matipid pa din yung Spresso.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    If the Spresso manages to sell well, would the other Japanese marquees start considering bringing in Kei cars here?
    Question is: Are there any export market left-hand drive Kei cars now?

The Indian (Maruti Suzuki) S-Presso is not a JDM Kei car, so it's not limited to Kei car restrictions. It's several mm larger and has a bigger engine than what you would find in JDM Kei cars.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post

The Indian (Maruti Suzuki) S-Presso is not a JDM Kei car, so it's not limited to Kei car restrictions. It's several mm larger and has a bigger engine than what you would find in JDM Kei cars.
    kei car?
    660 cc engine?
    we had one before. the mitsubishi minica of the 70s.
    yung bawal dalhin sa wrigley's chewing gum factory.

seriously,
    the filipino car owner wants the most for the least.
    it must be cheap but luxurious.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kei car?
    660 cc engine?
    we had one before. the mitsubishi minica of the 70s.
    yung bawal dalhin sa wrigley's chewing gum factory.

seriously,
    the filipino car owner wants the most for the least.
    it must be cheap but luxurious.
    That was before, there was the Minica, Fronte etc. Haven't seen a modern LHD Kei car.
    One of the reasons Kei cars are cheap in Japan, because of the lower taxes. Then there's lower road taxes too. Assuming there was a LHD Kei car from Japan, it wouldn't be anywhere as cheap as an S-Presso
    Last edited by AG4; July 8th, 2020 at 09:59 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post

I doubt it as even in RHD markets only pakistan has a kei-spec vehicle offered officially even then its limited to the alto with the wagon R receiving the export spec treatment.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Ok na siguro sa market natin ang size ng Spresso, Celerio, Wigo, Mirage, Picanto.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Ok na siguro sa market natin ang size ng Spresso, Celerio, Wigo, Mirage, Picanto.
    i think these cars are selling well, largely because they are cheap.
    i believe that only a minority buy these cars because of their small size.
    i myself, got a wigo because it was selling for half the price of my initial intended target.

Suzuki S-Presso