New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi, to the new Jimny owners. I'm referring to the new Jimny sold by GM.

I checked out the threads here about the Jimny but I cannot find the answers I was looking for.

What is the fuel consumption of this car?
    What can you say about your Jimny? Parts, maintenance. over-all.

Thanks for your help.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sis has 2002 model .. .a/t

used it a couple of days. . .mileage was about 11-12km/l city driving (rev happy)

parts are a bit (a bit!) pricey, maintenance is better at pilhino pero samin hindi nasusunod yung scheduled service kasi busy parati sis ko. . .hindi naman nagloloko. . .

over-all, sulit samin. . .dad even pondered on selling one of his SUVs and replace it with another one. .

sa space lang talaga talo. . .4 peeps max ang kasya
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    question: is the jimny different from the suzuki escudo?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5
    sis has 2002 model .. .a/t

used it a couple of days. . .mileage was about 11-12km/l city driving (rev happy)

parts are a bit (a bit!) pricey, maintenance is better at pilhino pero samin hindi nasusunod yung scheduled service kasi busy parati sis ko. . .hindi naman nagloloko. . .

over-all, sulit samin. . .dad even pondered on selling one of his SUVs and replace it with another one. .

sa space lang talaga talo. . .4 peeps max ang kasya
    Thanks Caloyski!!!

Nice to hear someone who really has a first hand experience with it.

Sorry kung makulit ako but is it really true that it runs with 11-12 kms/Liter??? A/T pa?? Matipid yon!! How come some guys say na around 7kms a liter lang daw ang consumption nito. I am really in need of a small car around the city pang hatid-sundo ng mga kids. Sawang-sawa na ako sa mga cars na malakas sa GAS.

Anyway, is it really a full time 4wd?? or selectable?? I used to have a Samurai way back in 1989 and medjo malakas sa gas and consumes like an 1800.

Thanks Again...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerbz
    question: is the jimny different from the suzuki escudo?
    Those are 2 entirely different cars.

The ESCUDO is just a Japanese version(SUBIC) VITARA.
    The JIMNY is a new car, locally sold here. Also called a SAMURAI abroad.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik, yep, it does. . nung umalis nga family ko for vacation sa states e yun lang ang ginagamit ko kasi sarap i-drive, matipid, at cute. hehehehe

hmmm..afaik, selectable pero you dont have to lock the hubs manually like the samurai(tama ba yun?hubs?) shift lever lang. . .

maganda pa is ang tibay ng underpinnings niya. . .
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hmm I would say the fuel consumption is fair, I haven't really checked though cause I just borrow it. Will do post something accurate soon :D Regarding the parts, ok naman pero medyo pricey nga and SOMETIMES mayroon atang di readily available. Overall its a great ride ang sarap pa iakyat kung san san without even trying! Hehe the downside of it lang talaga is the space, medyo masikip lang talaga.

SUZUKI JIMNY Questions