New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm optimistic that Mang Mario can solve it. It will just be up to you if you would heed his advice on what to fix/replace if ever he finds anything wrong.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I just bought a 1997 esteem wagon and apparently the past owner replaced the OEM radiator with an aftermarket one. It's smaller then stock and so the temp gauge goes up to about half and stays there.

I'm not sure but I think the car was involved in an accident and he had to replace it. I'm very particular about having my cars run perfectly so I have this strong desire to replace the radiator and bring the temp down to acceptable levels.

Anyway, the replacement radiators for this car are available for 18k. But someone told me that good local ones are very much cheaper.

So what should I do, save for the OEM radiator or replace it with a bigger and better local one (if I can find one for esteems)?

How much for a local radiator for esteems? And can you recommend a shop that can has them?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo sa UE auto supply sa masangkay. they supply OEM parts to Philhino (makers of Suzuki) and other local car manufacturers tel. nos. 2447681, 2447805, 2437150-55

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... I'll ask if the esteem and the Vitara have the same radiator coz they share the same engine.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    thanks for the help guys!

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Bro. I have a 1997 Esteem auto 4. ..... I got it about a year and a half ago ...... After a few months of usage ... the top part of the radiator showed some cracks ...hence fluid leaks. ... I guess that's the lifespan of the OEM radiator.

Anyway, u are right ... the OEM costs around P18k ... what i did was i ordered online thru my bro in NY ... got for around $110 ... around P5,500+ ... mura! ... i did the installation myself ... it was perfect!

There was no difference in the temp .as i have observed ,,, it goes a few notches before reaching 1/2 and stays there.

To further validate temp readings... my vehicle was bumped by an ELF (my radiator that was bought in NY was damaged as well as my RH headlight. and bent radiator mounts ... the insurance thru my efforts was able to buy me a nose cut JAPAN SURPLUS complete with lights, radiator, bumper, condenser, fans ....

After installation of the nose cut .... temp readings were still the same ... a few notches before reaching half and stays there.

Just thought it might interest you .....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    that's a nice deal on a esteem radiator. Makes me wonder why it cost so much here

I have relatives in the US as well but i don't think they can send me something that large.

I'll probably just scout around for a good locally made one I guess..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bud: If ever the radiator of the Vitara and Esteem are the same, baka you might be interested in my Vitara radiator. I bought a brand new one coz I'm getting a new electric fan setup so I decided to changing the radiator as well. I'm just waiting for my electric fan to arrive in 2 weeks before I install it.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    interesting...sige let me check if they're the same. I'll call philhino.

How old is the radiator?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As old as the car itself hehehehe. My Vitara was originally purchased by the 1st owner in 1997. We bought it from him 2nd hand last 2000 with 30,000km on the odometer. Sariwa pa. We had everything checked up including the radiator where we had it overhauled and cleaned manually. This meant removal of the top and bottom plastic cover. The upper tank cover was not returned properly so nag leak so what the radiator shop did was replace the upper cover with a metal one. Its been 4 years and I haven't had a problem with it.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Suzuki Esteem Wagon [Merged]