New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Is it still worth to buy one?

Any Pro and Cons?

I am Comparing it with Opel Astra and EG hatch.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Uhh. What's that?

No, but seriously. That particular unit isn't very abundant in the market so most likely you will have problems when it comes to parts and maintenance. As to whether it's road-worthy -- meaning it doesn't break down over and over again -- don't know.

Among your choices, I feel buying the Opel Astra than the rest. It's the newest, and seems to be the freshest. Not that you wouldn't come by along a fresh EG, it's just that everything is risky about old and raced Hondas.

Regarding the maintenance & parts of Opels, I know a shop. So, that shouldn't be a problem. And if ever you're faced with a major problem, you could easily swap a Toyota 4AGE Silvertop in it just like what the other tsikoteer did on his Astra.

You could also take a look at Opel Vectras as well as old Subaru Legacies. They're both wagons.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Yup, I am also doing research about Vectra and Legacy. Kung marami lang funds. Grand Livina nalang eh. hehehe.

Why not to also consider an Opel Zafira as an alternative to the Opel Vectra Caravan (wagon)?

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Regarding the maintenance & parts of Opels, I know a shop. So, that shouldn't be a problem. And if ever you're faced with a major problem, you could easily swap a Toyota 4AGE Silvertop in it just like what the other tsikoteer did on his Astra.
    A Toyota 4AGE seems to be good, but if I were considering to adapt a Toyota engine in an Opel Astra I'd go with a 2C diesel...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just sold mine a while back:
    1997 Suzuki Esteem M/T - Car Finder Buy and Sell New Used Cars Philippines 2011

Bought it 3 years ago and never had any problems. I also currently have an APV and isa lang msasabi ko sa Suzuki.... HINDI sya nasisira basta basta. But once may masisira, be ready to break your piggy bank :-) Luckily, my 3-yr ownership was simply a breeze.

Boss ko nakabili so I know she'll be in good hands!

Let me know if you need any specific info re: the Esteem.

Good luck!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok naman Esteem. Relative ng apv at vitara makina. And its so anonymous you can run over someone and no one will ever identify your car. Hehe.

Dami na din replacement parts. Trim parts lang like side mirrors, taillamps, etc. ang meduo mahal.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Ok naman Esteem. Relative ng apv at vitara makina. And its so anonymous you can run over someone and no one will ever identify your car. Hehe.

Dami na din replacement parts. Trim parts lang like side mirrors, taillamps, etc. ang meduo mahal.
    bro may idea ka ba if san pwede makabili ng side mirror assembly ng esteem? thanks

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    This thread is very useful for us 'coz my father is planning to buy a 2nd hand car/wagon after he sells his Sentra. Gusto nya kasi ay mas spacious kaysa sa sedan. His choices are Mitsubishi Spacewagon and Suzuki Esteem. Hirap kasi syang mag drive pag SUV-size na (medyo malabo na ang mga mata). And including the Opel Astra will expand his options.

IMHO, all 3 are road worthy and spacious. But we must take into consideration that the car of interest is a pre-owned . . . siguradong may lalabas na sira. That's a given fact. So, i'll go with the one with the cheaper and more available parts: Spacewagon.

Sana makinig sa akin. He he he.

Last edited by jjmd3_787; August 20th, 2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: tao lang po ...

Suzuki Esteem Wagon.