New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 592 of 632 FirstFirst ... 492542582588589590591592593594595596602 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 6313
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is there a particular brand or fabric type, that we should avoid or favor?
    Hi doc..most of the online sellers are claiming they're using German leather eh sabi nila medyo presko daw compared to other leathers..sabi naman ng iba, mas ok ang cordoroy seat cover...ewan ko lang, pero ako kasi, yung free pa rin na seat cover gamit ko hehehe...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by buraot View Post
    Hi doc..most of the online sellers are claiming they're using German leather eh sabi nila medyo presko daw compared to other leathers..sabi naman ng iba, mas ok ang cordoroy seat cover...ewan ko lang, pero ako kasi, yung free pa rin na seat cover gamit ko hehehe...
    For me naman, kahit genuine leather, synthetic leather, etc. basta hindi kakapit ang dumi at simpleng punas ok na. So, i opted to dress the seats with leather.

Question lang mga sirs - did anyone tried changing their gear oil (for manual transmission). I read the manual, yes it is required around 40k kilometers if i can recall it right.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    I've been driving my latest buy, a 2018 Suzuki Ertiga 1.4 GL AT, for a couple of days now.

Even though it's under multi-purpose vehicle (MPV), the feel on the road is "car like". Smooth and very quiet. Suzuki did great on the insulation = very minimal ambient noise. Very comfortable seats as well.

The engine gives decent acceleration though I notice a bit of sluggishness from 60 to 80 KPH during my NLEX drive going to Manila. I guess this is normal since it's still on its "break-in" stage. I just drove up to 110 KPH at almost 3,000 RPM.

So far so good, and this, IMHO, is far better than my previous Toyota Avanza.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    I've been driving my latest buy, a 2018 Suzuki Ertiga 1.4 GL AT, for a couple of days now.

Even though it's under multi-purpose vehicle (MPV), the feel on the road is "car like". Smooth and very quiet. Suzuki did great on the insulation = very minimal ambient noise. Very comfortable seats as well.

The engine gives decent acceleration though I notice a bit of sluggishness from 60 to 80 KPH during my NLEX drive going to Manila. I guess this is normal since it's still on its "break-in" stage. I just drove up to 110 KPH at almost 3,000 RPM.

So far so good, and this, IMHO, is far better than my previous Toyota Avanza.
    congratulations.!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    congratulations.!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thanks good buddy!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Smooth and very quiet. Suzuki did great on the insulation = very minimal ambient noise. Very comfortable seats as well.

Enjoy your ride ... just don't ride in a midsize crossover / sedan ...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Enjoy your ride ... just don't ride in a midsize crossover / sedan ...
    +1

One has to drive or ride one to compare but midsize sedans (Accord, Camry, Mazda6) or the bigger midsize crossovers (Explorer, CX9, Pilot) offer much, much better comfort than the usual compacts or subcompacts or subcompact MPVs/crossovers. Even the compact crossovers (Forester, CX5, CRV) are much more comfortable nowadays.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    +1

One has to drive or ride one to compare but midsize sedans (Accord, Camry, Mazda6) or the bigger midsize crossovers (Explorer, CX9, Pilot) offer much, much better comfort than the usual compacts or subcompacts or subcompact MPVs/crossovers. Even the compact crossovers (Forester, CX5, CRV) are much more comfortable nowadays.
    During our trip in the US last May of 2017, I got the chance to drove 5 vehicles:

1) Honda Pilot

2) BMW X5

3) Mazda 6

4) Chrysler Town and Country

5) Subaru Forester

Among these five, Town and Country offered the best ride and comfort. And it's a 20 year old vehicle BTW.

Second would be the Mazda 6 (a sedan) which I think was almost 7 years old driven by my sister in law.

Tied for third are the 2 year old Subaru Forester and a 3 year old Honda Pilot, while the BMW X5 would be the least in terms of ride and comfort.

Of course these were just my observations.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ A minivan is always geared for comfort. These vehicles are the first option among families when ferrying people. My wife and I rented a Dodge Caravan and together with her parents and sister took a long drive from Chicago to Pinehurst (20 hours). Most boring drive ever but the trip was comfortable.

European vehicles tend to be designed with a stiffer ride compared to American or Japanese. However, the Germans love their vehicles fast thus the need for stiffer suspensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    ^^^ A minivan is always geared for comfort. These vehicles are the first option among families when ferrying people. My wife and I rented a Dodge Caravan and together with her parents and sister took a long drive from Chicago to Pinehurst (20 hours). Most boring drive ever but the trip was comfortable.

European vehicles tend to be designed with a stiffer ride compared to American or Japanese. However, the Germans love their vehicles fast thus the need for stiffer suspensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I also did a long drive of 10 hours along I5

Anyways, I'm happy for my ertiga as a minivan with superb driving comfort and ride at under 800K

Suzuki Ertiga - 7 seater MPV