New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kariz View Post
    Oh, sorry. I am choosing between four cars- two Celerios, an i10, and an old Jazz. All are in my price point. I'm leaning towards the Celerio, but can't decide between the two (among the four choices). Both are 2012 A/T. I would bring a mechanic or someone I know who'd know how to check a car, but both cars are located far from me. They require travel time to get too, so if I could narrow down to one choice just by inquiring (no inspection), then that would make it much easier for me. I take my daughter to and fro preschool daily, and stay there til they go out, so I don't have a lot of free time. Also, obviously, I don't have my own car, so if there are tipping points I'm missing between the two Celerios, I'd appreciate a heads up. I decided to ask here in the Celerio thread because I figured if there are any Celerio-specific issues, I would get the most help from here. But thanks.
    Well that clarifies it. Hope you we're not offended by my reply.

In my opinion, a car is too big an investment to take risks. This risk is exponentiated for 2nd hand vehicles since you have lesser to zero warranty and you have uncertainty on how well the previous owner/s took care of the vehicle and the adventures the car has experienced (see flooding).

The cost you may entail in properly inspecting a vehicle you would want to purchase could be worth it since nobody would want to be tied-up to a huge investment that fails to serve its purpose. I am not saying that having a mechanic is a fool proof method to ensure that your ownership experience will be smooth, but practicing due diligence may minimize future inconveniences you may encounter.

"Just inquiring" could backfire on you since it is very very seldom for a seller to focus on the flaw of his product, most of the time he would just mention its positive aspects. Businessman pa rin yan kaya profit pa rin ang isa sa driving force para sa kanya.

Regarding warranties, if the car has been regularly serviced at authorized Suzuki dealers then it will remain intact. You may verify this at the warranty booklet and confirm with Suzuki. Although if I were you, I'd rather have it serviced outside casa since the car is already more that 3 years old. For peace of mind, just buy original Suzuki replacement parts but have it installed outside of casa to save on labor cost.

Haven't heard any major issue for the Celerio. My personal experience with Suzuki is only with my father's 8 year old Swift and so far so good after 70K kms.

Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    If the seller is amenable to it, bring the car to the casa and have it checked by suzuki mechanics. May mga package naman na 15-pt check o 25-pt check ata na comprehensive. It would cost a bit more than the mechanic friend pero mas.sigurado naman. A thousand or two pesos is cheap if it would save you from buying a headache for hundreds of thousands of hard earned money. If d payag ang seller, mag.duda ka na and look elsewhere. Check din thoroughly yung papers with lto/hpg. Yung space mukhang d naman sobrang concern kung kayong dalawa lang usually ng daughter mo...yung jazz is a better car everything equal, i.e. year, mileage, etc...kaso kung same price point sila binebenta siguradong masmaganda kundisyon ng celerio option mo...a younger or lower mileage car is generally better as long as it satisfies yung mga non.negotiable needs mo sa sasakyan. Wala naman glaring concerns that i know of sa celerio but you can always go through the past posts here in this tread for reference. Yung ibang concerns like color is subjective.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Lol, my bad for not proofreading.

The Jazz is 2005 pa, at P280 (list price). The 2012 Celerios naman are at P270 and P245. Space is not a big consideration talaga, I just need the backseat to properly secure a toddler carseat. I don't let my daughter ride in front din, she just turned 4. But I would want airbags sa front seat. I was told all Celerios have this, and airbags sa sides. Trunk space- minimal. Groceries lang.

Weird, I assumed black would be easier to maintain. The white 2012 Celerio is the cheaper one, with higher mileage. Color isn't a consideration naman. This will be my first car. I'm expecting scratches, dings, etcetera before the school year ends. Fingers crossed na wala, though. I'm not sure living in a small town away from the metro is a pro or con for car maintenance. I'd think labor would be cheaper. Pati palinis ng minor scratches or dents, if any. Yung having to source out parts if needed lang I guess ang magiging issue.

I think I'll go for the 2012 na medyo higher mileage (65k) since pasok sa budget at 245k. My ceiling sa budget is 250k. 260k pushing it. Yung isang Celerio na about 55k mileage naman is 270k, so it's more than I want to spend. Will talk to the first seller regarding casa inspection. Kung less than 3k then okay na.

Thanks everyone for the tips, much appreciated!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Argh, will try and see if the second seller with the lower Celerio mileage would go for a lower price point. That price difference between the two is the only thing holding me back.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Try to inspect the radiator kung may tama. Yung ibang units kasi bumibigay yung radiator fan kaya nag cause ng overheat so nakakabutas ng radiator. Tapos tanung mo kung anong parts na yung mga napalitan. You can join teamcelerio dot com if you ever have maintenance questions etc.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kariz View Post
    Argh, will try and see if the second seller with the lower Celerio mileage would go for a lower price point. That price difference between the two is the only thing holding me back.
    talk to the owner..
    "sir, i have narrowed down my choice to two cars. yours, and another one. if you are willing to lower your price to match the other one, you'd save me the trip. and both of us will be happier.." (you can add.."i noticed you have been trying to sell this car for ... time now.. we can end your wait.")
    good luck.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
Suzuki CELERIO [merged threads]