New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Any reason? Why not use it if it's there in the first place? Though Waze will have its advantages if you have signal for it.
    True.
    If you travel a lot to the provinces, the built in gps are way more reliable than online maps.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    True.
    If you travel a lot to the provinces, the built in gps are way more reliable than online maps.

Yes, my mobile data is not always reliable so it's good to have a back-up navi system.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    True.

I travel a lot to the provinces and I find Waze and Google Maps to be far more reliable than any offline map available.

Nadala na ko ng offline map sa pilapil sa palayan. Suzuki Celerio CVT concerns

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I travel a lot to the provinces and I find Waze and Google Maps to be far more reliable than any offline map available.

Nadala na ko ng offline map sa pilapil sa palayan. Suzuki Celerio CVT concerns

My experience is inverted naman as yours.
    Hated waze. Google maps is somewhat good.
    What i dont like with this online maps is nababaliw sila pag nawawala nang onte yung signal. Just last week in laguna, g maps was insisting on me to make a uturn dahil dumaan ako sa underpass bridge. Pero sa offline map ko nasa correct na daan naman ako. Guess who's correct..

Couple of years ago, my friends and i were in a convoy in nueva ecija. Since di namin masyado gamay ang lugar, naka rely kami sa maps. Naghiwalay kami ng daan because they turned on a road leading to the highway fastest as per instruction daw ng waze. Ako i stayed on the road as per instruction naman ng offline maps ko.
    In the end naka labas naman sila ng highway pero parang palayan yung daanan dahil literal na isa lang ang makakadaan at a time.

Kanya kanyang experience lang. And as what *lin dan mentioned above, gamitin na lang kung nandyan narin naman by default. Make it a backup and dont rely on a single tech.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuiyber22 View Post
    Hello po Newbie po ako dito ask ko lng po anu po yung small button below sa gear shifter po Celerio CVT yung may S po na button? para po saan yun? and ask ko din po sa mga Celerio owners kung ok naman po Celerio CVT planning to buy po kasi and decided na ako na Celerio kukunin ko
    Sports mode, i use it when overtaking trucks or a long line of cars. when in sports mode, your rpm will zoom to about 3k or more, you will notice fast accelleration without the rubberry/sling-shot feel when in normal mode. Dont forget to turn it off when you get to your desired speed as it is not economical to run in sports mode all the way......enjoy!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My experience is inverted naman as yours.
    Hated waze. Google maps is somewhat good.
    What i dont like with this online maps is nababaliw sila pag nawawala nang onte yung signal. Just last week in laguna, g maps was insisting on me to make a uturn dahil dumaan ako sa underpass bridge. Pero sa offline map ko nasa correct na daan naman ako. Guess who's correct..

Couple of years ago, my friends and i were in a convoy in nueva ecija. Since di namin masyado gamay ang lugar, naka rely kami sa maps. Naghiwalay kami ng daan because they turned on a road leading to the highway fastest as per instruction daw ng waze. Ako i stayed on the road as per instruction naman ng offline maps ko.
    In the end naka labas naman sila ng highway pero parang palayan yung daanan dahil literal na isa lang ang makakadaan at a time.

Kanya kanyang experience lang. And as what *lin dan mentioned above, gamitin na lang kung nandyan narin naman by default. Make it a backup and dont rely on a single tech.

What phone do you use?

My GPS signal has been good with all my phones so far with Waze and Gmaps. Budget phones tend to easily lose GPS lock.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    What phone do you use?

My GPS signal has been good with all my phones so far with Waze and Gmaps. Budget phones tend to easily lose GPS lock.

It is just a midrange phone, huawei gr5.
    I just remembered, yung minemention mo ba eh yung atm sa palayan?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It is just a midrange phone, huawei gr5.
    I just remembered, yung minemention mo ba eh yung atm sa palayan?

Your phone could be why you have a lot of Waze mishaps.

I was brought by my offline maps from Guagua to Floridablanca Pampanga through literal rice fields. The road suddenly went from asphalt to gravel to soil and it narrowed so much that I couldn't make a uturn until I got to a bahay kubo with a bit of a clearing.

Meanwhile, Waze has successfully brought me to Pulag and Sagada without any misdirections.

Lesson learned - I make sure to know where I'm going rather than relying on any navigation system. Having the navi app on helps but it's important to still have a sense of where you are without any assistance.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Your phone could be why you have a lot of Waze mishaps.

I was brought by my offline maps from Guagua to Floridablanca Pampanga through literal rice fields. The road suddenly went from asphalt to gravel to soil and it narrowed so much that I couldn't make a uturn until I got to a bahay kubo with a bit of a clearing.

Meanwhile, Waze has successfully brought me to Pulag and Sagada without any misdirections.

Lesson learned - I make sure to know where I'm going rather than relying on any navigation system. Having the navi app on helps but it's important to still have a sense of where you are without any assistance.

Could be. But changing phone is not an option for now.

Ako naman, nakarating kami ng sagada using offline maps few years back. Well, di naman komplikado ang daan in the first place dahil pag lumiko ka, sa bangin ka pupulutin. Hehe

I just like na mas malaki ang screen sa headunit to see the upcoming twist and turns on the road.

Let's just let *iliveinyourcar decide what is best for her/him.

You presented your experience with offline / online maps while i presented mine and pretty sure there is no right answer which is the best really.

In the end, yes totally agree, common sense and sense of direction trumps everything.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Could be. But changing phone is not an option for now.

Ako naman, nakarating kami ng sagada using offline maps few years back. Well, di naman komplikado ang daan in the first place dahil pag lumiko ka, sa bangin ka pupulutin. Hehe

I just like na mas malaki ang screen sa headunit to see the upcoming twist and turns on the road.

Let's just let *iliveinyourcar decide what is best for her/him.

You presented your experience with offline / online maps while i presented mine and pretty sure there is no right answer which is the best really.

In the end, yes totally agree, common sense and sense of direction trumps everything.

I'm a girl btw, not that it matters haha. I have tried using Waze but only as a navigator, not the driver. I remember using it to get to Alaminos, Pangasinan and it worked perfectly until we got to the town itself; we ran in circles twice and had to ask directions from tricycle drivers. I was using an iPhone then so I guess the hardware isn't always the problem(?)

I think I will still rely on Waze but it's good to have an alternative in case it fails. Free din naman so why not hehe

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast