New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Pls post more pix of 18" or above mags? Planning to buy a set but I don't want to lower or shnge my suspension.

Also tip on where in Manila to buy a set. Ty!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    Pls post more pix of 18" or above mags? Planning to buy a set but I don't want to lower or shnge my suspension.

Also tip on where in Manila to buy a set. Ty!
    The main thing you need to know is:
    you need to look for any style of wheels, BUT choose ones that have fat-looking spokes (this includes dish-style wheels). That's the main idea.
    Any wheel styles that looks proper on AUDI cars or Volkswagen Caravelle/Eurovan/Transporter should be match with APV.

And btw, you must lower the suspension at least 3cm if you use 17-inch wheel set or above, or your APV will looks like a giant roller skate, believe me.
    Just giving an opinion here

Looking for 'hot shoes' for your APV?
    Check out in these:
    http://www.hartwheels.co.jp/cat_all/catalog.htm
    http://www.enkei.co.jp/
    http://www.hrewheels.com/

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    WOW!!!!

Hi my name is Norm and I am new to the apv world just like where I live - Brisbane Australia is new to the apv also....they have just released it the and it is the most basic model possible I'm sure...no rear seats, no power windows or central locking ....basically no frills....I was looking at the VW vans and the price is just too much so I came across the apv at thought it had potential to look good....from looking at this forum I was right....what I see here is great...now my problem is going to be getting the right gear to make the apv something I want to drive and not just have to drive because it is cheap....are there any shops in indonesia that may ship the accessory kits overseas....you guys are pretty close to us...Attached is what I got any help would be appreciated.

Regards
    NormAttachment 9128

Attachment 9129

Attachment 9130

Attachment 9131

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Norm, welcome to the forums. Suzuki also recently released an APV variant just like yours. But still with rear seats.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    the photo's I posted were of the van I was about to buy second hand but I have backed out of the sale and have decided to buy a brand new one as they have central locking fitted now and the windows are cut the same as the ones posted in the forum making it easier to improve ... I still need to find somewhere I can get spoiler, wheels etc...can anyone help?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    ...and the windows are cut the same as the ones posted in the forum making it easier to improve ... I still need to find somewhere I can get spoiler, wheels etc...can anyone help?
    Hi Norm

Do you mean the rear & side-rear window glasses are already bonded (not rubber-framed) ?
    The APV available in your area looks like a very basic model, for commercial van I suppose. I checked in www.suzuki.com.au and looks like the rear & side-rear window glasses are rubber-framed version.

The mods may take a while, since many parts are not available as standard nor as spare parts in your region.
    Isn't it better to look for any car importer that can bring as a whole CBU unit from Indonesia (right-handed steering no airbags, 1.5 litre engine, preferably APV X 5MT or 4AT) or Philipphines (left-handed steering +SRS airbags, 1.6 litres 5MT or 4AT) ?

Another alternative should be:
    1. ask any of your friend or colleague that go abroad to look & buy some parts if you prefer the look as APV X variant (in Indonesia as mother manufacturer).

2. go to www.suzuki.co.id to browse for the optional parts (dress-up kit), it's a Suzuki Genuine Accessories

3. go to Jakarta, Indonesia & ask Suzuki Indomobil (main showroom in M.T. Haryono road) in Jakarta, get the parts in Suzuki Dewi Sartika service center (nearby) & bring yourself or post them thru DHL, FedEx or UPS or any other way you prefer. You may need to pre-order some parts since not all parts are ready, especially for the interior parts/less often replaced.

Checkout the contact mail address in given website
    Note: some parts are big in volume, such as front, rear & side under spoilers, and also center and rear row seat sets.
    Look also in www.umcsuzuki.com for more reference photos.
    Other sources:
    www.suzuki.net.my/apv.html
    www.suzukicostarica.com

4. ask any suzuki staff in AUS if they can provide the part number needed to make your unit resembles APV X in Indonesia, or ask them directly if there's any way to import the needed parts you wanted.
    Or, look for shops that specialty/concentrated in offering Suzuki parts.

5. last resort: go custom with your body parts. Some units shown in here are custom body parts & looks relatively better than original ones, depends on the tuner creativity & work quality ofcourse.

For wheels & suspension mod stuff: please read this thread thoroughly. You'll find many answers you needed
    Look also:
    www.permaisuri.com
    (I bet you want a HRE wheel set... )

Note if you want standard wheel set: only Indonesia Domestic Market version of APV X uses six-double-spoked 15-inch alloy wheel set as standard parts with 195/65R15 tire set. Outside Indonesia: uses max 14-inch 5-spoked alloy wheels, no 15-inch wheels available.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi Ranma

Thanks for your information. Yes the latest APV release in Australia has the bonded windows ( I wasn't aware that's what it's called) and I think they look a lot better, the suzuki website is just not updated....people here are obviously more interested in 4x4 vitara or swift....apv is not popular at all...

I think your idea of custom parts may be best because Australia has very strict rules on car imports.

I will definitely not be using a statndard whell set as all we have in Australia is stamped steel 14 inch although I do wonder if the swift wheels fit an apv as you see a lot of worked swifts over here.

I will be using my van for work and want a custom rear seat that will fold into a bed anyway.

I guess I was hoping that there may be somewhere to get the spoilers mostly and I would like to install power windows in the front.

I have to keep the van white for work anyway.

I definitely will be taking the instructions you wrote on suspension adjustment when I get it to the shop anyway....

I noticed the carryboy website has all the accessaries including a nudge bar with fog lights. I thought it looked good in the picture. Have you ever seen one setup like that?

Thanks again

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hello Norm. I've been in Autralia last April and I haven't seen an APV when I was there? When did the APV arrived there? I have a white APV too. Its manual and I have tried to modify it too. I'll post some of my pics of my APV when I get a picture of it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi Ranma
    Thanks for your information. Yes the latest APV release in Australia has the bonded windows ( I wasn't aware that's what it's called) and I think they look a lot better, the suzuki website is just not updated....people here are obviously more interested in 4x4 vitara or swift....apv is not popular at all...
    Bonded = glued
    Better choose dark coloured film for the window glasses, it'll match the color of the bonding area. Silver coloured window film usually don't match & not contrast enough with your body color, which is white.
    Yes, both cars are also popular in Indonesia.
    But since many Indonesian wants to go together with many family members, then apv is still best selling among other suzukis

I think your idea of custom parts may be best because Australia has very strict rules on car imports.
    I heard 'bout this matter from my friend that lives in Syd. He told me years ago, that if anyone wants a brand new (at that time) Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 then it must be sold as a second hand car, years later. Is is still like that? No brand new CBU cars allowed or something like that :p

I will definitely not be using a standard whell set as all we have in Australia is stamped steel 14 inch although I do wonder if the swift wheels fit an apv as you see a lot of worked swifts over here.
    Swift uses 4-bolt, so it won't fit!
    APV uses 5 bolts x 114.3mm wheel attachment configuration.

I guess I was hoping that there may be somewhere to get the spoilers mostly and I would like to install power windows in the front.
    I think you need to browse in the internet or ask local shop & start looking for something like suzuki parts importer (usually 3rd party, not Suzuki AUS) or ask any shop that sells Calmini products (usually makes 4x4 suzuki accessories). Suzuki is well known for its swift & 4x4 jimny/samurai in AUS I guess, so I think you need to start looking also at those accessories shop of that car models.

I have to keep the van white for work anyway.
    Just giving idea:
    - try to paint the bumpers the same as body colour, and paint the B and C-pillars with black (looks more elegant & match with dark window film when applied).
    - check also in:
    autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/suzuki-apv-indonesia/
    subscribe & check out in Files folder, there's APV Suzuki Genuine Accessories (=SGA) catalogue available.
    Also check in Photos in _Modif para punggawa/Fabulous vans Japan folder to give ideas about Japanese van car mods
    There's some cool photos of modified van based cars in Japan.

I noticed the carryboy website has all the accessories including a nudge bar with fog lights. I thought it looked good in the picture. Have you ever seen one setup like that?
    Do u mean this one?
    www.carryboyphil.com/suzuki_apv.htm?photo=10
    Well, not avail in my country I guess, haven't seen one b4...
    Please note that this carryboy steel grille may not compatible with Suzuki Genuine Accessories front under spoiler (accessories photo no 20 of 36 in www.suzuki.co.id/cars_product_apv.htm )
    BTW, Rear Upper Spoiler of SGA is not protruding enough, you need to go custom. Checkout the Japanese van cars photos.

Thanks again
    You're welcome

APV L variant (Indonesia Domestic Market version, middle variant - different from top model which is X variant) used in National Geographic channel with optional Chrome Side Mirror Cover + Front Bumper Garnish (chromed):

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Does anyone know if you can fit those small round fog lights like the APV-X onto an APV without them. I haven't been able to find anything like them. It looks like they are moulded into the bumper...any suggetions?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
SUZUKI APV - mod. pics.