New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    Ty for this website.
    Btw, planning on buying the side body mouldings/door guard protector. Php8300. I am just not to sure if this will look nice when add on. What are your thought on this?
    Side Body Mouldings is OK, but make sure you paint it the same as your body color. It comes in black when not painted.

And apply it by looking at APV's bodyline first, so that they will not look weird
    Don't apply it above its proper level/too high, that's what I mean.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    This is the front end, for the APV shown in October 10, 2006 post.
    It's custom actually.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi there bro ranma, actually there is a suzuki apv/ suzuki all models club here in the philippines. hoping we could hear from you soon about how to stylize our apvs here in the philippines.

our website/forums is at www.clubcarryph.tk. hope to see you there!

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi to all..
    i'm udj, from malaysia.I'm planning to buy an apv 1.6GLX A/T for my next project car, since before this i have a not-so-heavily mod Landy. I've tested the apv before and 'm in love with it..!

I read a few articles in apvclub.com, otomotif.com and a few other website (mostly written in indonesian accent) and i just can understand a few words..(eventhough i watch most of the Sinetron in Malaysia..

So, the point is, i'm searching for methods of lowering the car and put in bigger wheels. planning on putting an 18" rolling stock and 75mm drop down.

1. if i do an adjustable suspension (front) using the original absorber, do i need to cut the centre rod or otherwise will it hit the bottom of the absorber housing?
    2. is it advisable to cut the spring?
    3. how to modify a leaf spring to make the car lower? i heard there's a few methods such as putting a block between the leaf and axle, using a short damper etc can anyone suggest me the advisable method without sacrifying too much ride comfort?
    4. For bigger wheels (17"-20") what is the best width to fit under the fender? is it just plug and play? or do i need to put spacer?
    5. The ground clearance for an A/T is 170mm (oil pan) as stated in the brochure. Once the car lowered uing 18" wheels, will the oil pan scrap the road/bumps? what if it does, is there any incoming major problems regarding the oil pan?
    6. is there any ready-made adjustable suspension or leaf spring for apv sold in indonesia that i can buy n just plug n play?
    7. any website reference?

ur ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

APV rocks!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by udj View Post
    hi to all..
    i'm udj, from malaysia.I'm planning to buy an apv 1.6GLX A/T for my next project car, since before this i have a not-so-heavily mod Landy. I've tested the apv before and 'm in love with it..!

I read a few articles in apvclub.com, otomotif.com and a few other website (mostly written in indonesian accent) and i just can understand a few words..(eventhough i watch most of the Sinetron in Malaysia..

So, the point is, i'm searching for methods of lowering the car and put in bigger wheels. planning on putting an 18" rolling stock and 75mm drop down.

1. if i do an adjustable suspension (front) using the original absorber, do i need to cut the centre rod or otherwise will it hit the bottom of the absorber housing?
    Never cut springs
    3. how to modify a leaf spring to make the car lower? i heard there's a few methods such as putting a block between the leaf and axle, using a short damper etc can anyone suggest me the advisable method without sacrifying too much ride comfort?
    Use a lowering block
    4. For bigger wheels (17"-20") what is the best width to fit under the fender? is it just plug and play? or do i need to put spacer?
    5. The ground clearance for an A/T is 170mm (oil pan) as stated in the brochure. Once the car lowered uing 18" wheels, will the oil pan scrap the road/bumps?
    That's the price you pay for lowering a vehicle
    what if it does, is there any incoming major problems regarding the oil pan?
    That depends on how you drive and if you catch the drain plug on something to rip it out
    6. is there any ready-made adjustable suspension or leaf spring for apv sold in indonesia that i can buy n just plug n play?
    7. any website reference?
    Google is your friend

APV rocks!
    See the comments above.
    Last edited by redorange; May 13th, 2007 at 01:51 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ...I'm planning to buy an apv 1.6GLX A/T for my next project car, since before this i have a not-so-heavily mod Landy. I've tested the apv before and 'm in love with it..!
    Suzuki Every Landy uses coil spring at rear suspension, it's different than APV. In APV it's easier, just put a set of lowering block under the leaf spring. Check also with the tightening bolts, might need a longer ones as replacement. Better contact your nearest car mods center for proper installation & safety.

...(eventhough i watch most of the Sinetron in Malaysia..
    Hmm... typical mom's show, heheh
    Quite popular also in Indonesia

The idea used in Otomotif, if I'm not mistaken, is by modding the stock MacPherson strut shock - by removing/separating the coil spring bowl/support and make a new threads+use kind of threaded ring right at that bowl welding point (at the shocks body) so that you can lowering the car by turning that coil. Ofcourse you can use the shock from new pair ones, depends on your preferences - keep the original spring.

Springs can be cut to make it lowered more but I don't like this idea since the ride quality will surely worsen, there would be much uncontrolled suspension ups & downs since the spring rate increased by doing that. Look for a pair of good proper-fit adjustable shocks from TEIN, Suzuki Sports, Eibach etc. for quality ones. A few Indonesian do this cutting technique to keep the cost down. It's your call:look+safety or look+money saving but reduced safety margin!

The main idea is 2:
    - put a block under between leaf & axle, or
    - make the leaf spring flatter so the car lowers by pressing it (not recommended)
    Depends on how much you lowered the suspension, a pair of shorter damper/shocks is needed to be matched with the modification. Also cut the rubber damper block as many as how far you lowered the car. For example: if you go down 3cm then cut the rubber damper 3cm from it's original height. If you go extreme then you also need to cut the metal support right at APV's chassis - above the rubber damper . This is needed if you go more than 5cm down. It's your choice, but ofcourse it's not recommended.
    A pair of camber angle adjuster set is also needed for front suspension, so that the wheel remains in standard alignment.

That depends on your choice of wheel offset and width. APV Club Indonesia member usually uses 7 to 7,5-inch, and max is 8-inch of wheel width. 7,5-inch is the maximum recommended size. Standard wheel offset is +40mm, so look for the same or around it for wheel set, then you'll know when to use spacer. Spacer is kind of compensation for the wheel offset. It's best not to use any of it for better wheel & suspension integrity.

5. The ground clearance for an A/T is 170mm (oil pan) as stated in the brochure. Once the car lowered uing 18" wheels, will the oil pan scrap the road/bumps? what if it does, is there any incoming major problems regarding the oil pan?
    The answer is ofcourse depends on the road you will drive over & the road quality itself. In worst case scenario if you ripped oil pan: your car's oil leaks, and eventually the engine seized/jammed due to lack of lubrication if you don't notice it. You need major engine overhaul+replace some broken parts! Major cash flows, heheheh!
    If you want good look+safety: look for 18x7,5J wheel set and 225/45R18 (a bit rare) or 225/40R18 or 235/40R18 tire set, then lower your suspension while checking whether there's still enough distance between road & oil pan. Most family sedan cars usually have clearance around 150 to 170mm.

I haven't found ones till now, it's been a while since last time I went window shopping at car shops, heheh.:surrender:

[quote=udj;810943] 7. any website reference?
    Better check with your nearest shocks shop or any that can do suspension lowering. This will give you exact view of brands & models of adjustable suspension set available in the market. Look for Monroe SensaTrac shocks for better stability in good value of money. Front: compare the original spring+strut set with those avail in your place or mod your shocks+make new threads at it+threaded lock ring instead. Look for quality ones for safety reason. Other brand should be KYB, a Japanese OEM shocks maker.

You're welcome

APV rocks!
    Yeah, keep it up yo!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ranma,

I'm new here and a little bored with the "stock look" of my APV. What is the offset of the rims you are using? I don't like the idea of using spacers and i like it a little "tucked" in the fenders or just enough. 17" is my choice coz it's "Lady-driven" sometimes! Do you have any idea of the tire size that would be the same with the stock tires? Ciao

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [quote=yetiman;813724]...i like it a little "tucked" in the fenders or just enough. 17" is my choice coz it's "Lady-driven" sometimes! Do you have any idea of the tire size that would be the same with the stock tires?

The stock tires for exported version of APV (that's what I call it since I'm in Indonesia) is 185/80R14 (CMIIW).
    That means total tire diameter in mm is:
    = (14 x 25.4) + 2 x (185 x 80 / 100)
    = 651.6 mm

Look for the same or a bit smaller diameter of tire.
    Nearest option should be 225/45R17 which is widely available:
    = (17 x 25.4) + 2 x (225 x 45 / 100)
    = 431.8 + 202.5
    = 634.3 mm
    (Note: the size is almost the exact diameter of 195/65R15 set used in APV X 1.5 litre - Indonesia Domestic Market version)
    Appropriate wheel set should be 17 x 7.5J.

If you want wheel set to be outward/a bit out of APV fenders, use +38mm or +35mm wheel offset size (wheel markings usually ET38 or ET35).
    If you want it as its standard offset: +40 mm.
    If wanted 'inside' then +42 mm or more. You MUST check tire clearance with strut shocks for front wheels, rear suspension usually OK.

Quote Originally Posted by yetiman View Post
    What is the offset of the rims you are using? Ciao
    The fact is: due to the family against modding the car, then I'm still stuck at that boring stock look, hehehe
    MTV Pimp My Ride(tm) is just arrived here in Indonesia 2 weeks ago, so I hope someday my family opinion will change.
    The APVs I posted here belongs to my friends in the club.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi guys..
    Sorry for the late reply, and actually i've got problem to log in using my previous username, so i had to register a new one...
    moreover, i've got no internet access at the moment, grab this opportunity to reply this... thru my friend's PC..

btw, thank you so much Ranma for all the answer and idea given, now my apv is under modification stage, still looking around for the best design of rims, and mybe a few custom bodykit all around..

hope to be settled in a few weeks time...

and again..Terima Kasih ya bung Ranma.. APV ceper ROCKS!

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    hello to all members of the Tsikot.com, nice to be a member of this group. i find the topics interesting. enjoying reading on the write ups.more power to you there guys.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
SUZUKI APV - mod. pics.