New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 266 of 267 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2666
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by derfoj View Post
    Hi APV fellows,

I have an APV 2011 Manual tranny. I noticed lately that it is belching white smoke intermitently. This happens during heavy traffic situations. Sometimes it spews the smoke sometimes nothing. What could be wrong with my APV?

Need your advise guys.

TIA
    Try changing the fuel filter and air filter as well. Then observe.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Monitor the oil level?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Hello! My fam is looking at this as one of our potential personal use vehicles, strictly for people hauling and on the side cargo for our online biz.

We are to get the totl one, and with that considered, what is the general consensus on the current APV?

Some metrics since may idea na ako sa gas mileage stats:
    1. Reliability
    2. Build quality
    3. cabin comfort
    4. Real world utility
    5. After sales servicing
    6. "May mga sakit ba?"

Thank you!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes, the manufacturer admits to its fuel appetite of 7 km/li for the AT model.
    a colleague who owns one says "it's ok." casa pms and repair lagi siya. no non-casa jobs.
    just try it out. we aren't all built the same way.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 12th, 2020 at 04:29 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I had a friend who bought an APV in 2008. He used it to and fro the office with an occassional trips to bicol.

He loved it so much, he sold it at a loss para madispose lang and got a city instead. Hehe

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjting01 View Post
    Hello! My fam is looking at this as one of our potential personal use vehicles, strictly for people hauling and on the side cargo for our online biz.

We are to get the totl one, and with that considered, what is the general consensus on the current APV?

Some metrics since may idea na ako sa gas mileage stats:
    1. Reliability
    2. Build quality
    3. cabin comfort
    4. Real world utility
    5. After sales servicing
    6. "May mga sakit ba?"

Thank you!
    1. Reliability - ok
    2. Build quality - ok
    3. cabin comfort - hindi gaano ok, kulang seat support, mas ok Ertiga / XL7
    4. Real world utility - ok, ok din Ertiga / XL7
    5. After sales servicing - every 4 months yata requirement, kaya medyo mahal
    6. "May mga sakit ba?" - sa nabasa dati, front wheel bearings, nasa ilalim makina: masikip i-service, naka-timing belt pa din.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    6. Be wary of broken engine support, the drive shaft when off-angled tends to damage the pinion and gears of the AT gearbox. AT pan is so low, be mindful of breakover angles.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    My mom has the 1st gen APV AT and after 10 years sold it and bought the SGX version which is the automatic version as well.

Sa 1st gen, 2 major problems lang niya ay yun electronic fuel pump and the oxygen sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ ah yes the O2sensor and fuel pump but maybe mine was too old YM2007. O2 seems consumable as its heated in the exhaust while the pump terminals got burned because of getting old/loose connection. Meron pa pala yung rad fan, brake cylinder, which i believe is normal wear n tear/ consumables. The rest na pinalitan were ignition coils, pulley bearings, at ang recurring fan belt stressed masyado siguro.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfire_28 View Post
    Peeps,

For the update, I cleaned the oxygen sensor with carb cleaner and instantly the check engine light is off.
    But after a couple of usage it turns on back again on the day I need to use it on a long drive, then after the drive turns on again. but when i finally came back home it turned off again and until now after many times of usage the check engine light is off. Now the unit is on hibernation again for 1 week, need to check again this coming weekend.

Been in hibernation for months.

But for the this update it is confirm that the O2 sensor is the culprit. I gamble purchase an oxygen sensor on ebay for 4700
    and hail mary it worked the CEL now is off but at first connection it was off and thinking its a defective item. But I rememeber to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 15 mins. Then I when I crank the engine tadaaa the CEL is off.

Suzuki APV [Merged Threads]