New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm, i always kinda assumed that crash test ratings are a requirement before a car can be sold...at least in the more developed countries...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    not sure if this applies to US...people are attracted to crash tests done on any car they want to buy. dito sa atin basta may car na ok na.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j-six View Post
    not sure if this applies to US...people are attracted to crash tests done on any car they want to buy. dito sa atin basta may car na ok na.
    We constantly drive at speeds over 100kph (62mph) on the freeway. It's a necessity. City driving usually has a speed limit of 40mph (60kph) so that alone merits crash tests, since most of the tests are done at that speed. Residential areas are 25mph zones (40kph) so we can easily stop.

But cars here usually have larger engines with higher power ratings. Civics here typically had 1.8L engines when you guys had 1.6L engines. The European models sold here are the higher end ones while back there it's more of the lower end models (with smaller engines).

Plus, most of the time in crowded cities, almost everybody has to have a car. Long distance commute usually takes so much time so it's not efficient. As you can see, crash tests are an important factor in considering a new car. Problem is, which crash tests can we truly rely on? Not all models sport the safety features found on the cars tested for crash test ratings. You have to take these into consideration as well.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's why I prefer the EuroNCAP tests. The tests describe passenger cabin intrusions by crash structures, which gives you a rough idea of the survivability of the car sans airbags... less intrusion, safer without airbags... given that the ELR on the seatbelts actually work.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    hi peeps,

where can i find data on this? for that matter, where can i find crash test results for SEAsian cars, e.g. avanza, fortuner, kijang, etc?
    Try to look Mitsubishi Maven not SUZUKI APV..

The Mitsubishi Maven is an MPV sold by Mitsubishi Motors in Indonesia since September 15, 2005.[1] It is a rebadged Suzuki APV with minor exterior cosmetic changes, and is built locally by a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation.
    It is available in two trims, GLX and GLS, both with a 1468 cc gasoline four cylinder engine producing 87 PS (86 hp/64 kW) at 5,500 rpm, supplied by Mitsubishi's Indonesian engine production partner, P.T. Mitsubishi Krama Yudha Motors and Manufacturing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Maven

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    aba inaadvertise ang mitsu ha

either way pareho lang naman yung 2 since maven got it from apv. .

question, sinong mas marami, maven or apv?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    APV since the Maven is sold to a specific market only unlike the APV which is sold internationally.

Yes, the APV is sold in Oz but I think it is sold as a commercial vehicle which follow less rigid safety regulations.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
suzuki apv crash test ratings