New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Does anyone know if this feature can be implemented aftermarket? Driving a Celerio, and it does not have the feature out of the box.

Naisip ko lang na good to have, in light of that news recently na may mga bata sa kalsada na nagbubukas ng car doors while stuck in traffic to steal stuff - nagbabaka-sakali na hindi locked.

Found an ODB2 plug-in on youtube, meron pa kaya other methods?

Sent from my SM-J106B using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    An OBD plug in would be your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Alternatively, some aftermarket alarms have a feature that would lock your doors the first time you step on the brakes (after closing the door). Other alarms rely on different triggers, I think. Like switching on the ignition or shifting out of park. In any case, your doors would've already been locked by the time your vehicle starts moving. This might prove safer than speed-sensing locks.

Speed-sensing door locks is meant for safety, not security. It just makes it close to impossible to accidentally open the door once the vehicle is at speed. But if you're creeping along in traffic (ie. getting out of a parking lot), it will not trigger.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cesarborja View Post
    Does anyone know if this feature can be implemented aftermarket? Driving a Celerio, and it does not have the feature out of the box.

Naisip ko lang na good to have, in light of that news recently na may mga bata sa kalsada na nagbubukas ng car doors while stuck in traffic to steal stuff - nagbabaka-sakali na hindi locked.

Found an ODB2 plug-in on youtube, meron pa kaya other methods?

Sent from my SM-J106B using Tapatalk
    a simple timer should work. it need not be connected to the car's computer.
    alas, i do not know who has this simple timer.
    some toyotas have one.
    perhaps some gimmick tinkerer can do the transplant?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a simple timer should work. it need not be connected to the car's computer.
    alas, i do not know who has this simple timer.
    some toyotas have one.
    perhaps some gimmick tinkerer can do the transplant?
    First time I've heard of this. How does it work?

I know that timers are used to re-lock/re-arm the vehicle after about 20-30 seconds it was unlocked with the key fob (and only if none of the doors were opened). But I've seen nothing about an auto-lock feature that relied on timers while the vehicle is occupied, running or moving.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I use a macro on my smartphone to remind me to lock the doors. Too bad once lang sya nag-wawarning.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    First time I've heard of this. How does it work?

I know that timers are used to re-lock/re-arm the vehicle after about 20-30 seconds it was unlocked with the key fob (and only if none of the doors were opened). But I've seen nothing about an auto-lock feature that relied on timers while the vehicle is occupied, running or moving.
    the timer is turned on for the countdown, when the ignition key is turned to the "on" position.
    at "zero count", the timer sends an electrical signal to the locking solenoid or a switch parallel to the main locking button, to lock the doors.

it's been so very long ago, i am not sure anymore if i remember it right.. E owners who did not accessorize, help me on this, please...
    if memory serves,
    my 1st edtion innova E had manual-actuated power locks.
    but the aftermarket alarm i had casa install, had such countdown timer.

bottomline, ask the dealer if they have such accessory. it shouldn't be too expensive.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 1st, 2018 at 01:36 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some cars have this feature built-in to their ECU’s. You just have to “enable” it. But you have to use an OEM scanning tool for your vehicle.

Cheapest you can do is buy an OBD2 plug-in speed lock device

Another way is get an aftermarket alarm. Though the problem is integrating this alarm to the immobilizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Not ECU. The ECU is only for engine control and management. Door locks are a function of the body controller. The ECU only feed the BCM the vehicle speed (if it's a speed-activated lock).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk