New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    3317 isn't dexron iii equivalent. there's not much info on jws 3317

but what is known is jws 3309 is exactly the same as toyota t-iv atf. the mobil atf 3309 has no mention of dexiii compatibility

jws 3324 is exactly the same as toyota WS atf (world standard)

there are dexron-IIIH ATFs like kixx dx-iii that list compatibility with 3309/3317

however the cheap dexron-iii like texamatic 1888 have no mention of 3309 3317

then there are the aisin fluids coz this tranny was made by aisin anyway

safest choice is to cough up the money for suzuki 3317 2nd safest choice is to use toyota t-iv or mobil 3309
    Or...Mobil ATF Multi-vehicle
    Mobil ATF Multi-Vehicle

Personally, I won't pretend to know better than the factory specifiers & would prefer to drain/fill w/ the same ATF the car came w/ to keep everything homogeneous. When the dipstick says T-IV, that's what I get. The sealed ones from Yota will likely say WS, that's what I'd use. Convention ATs are simple to maintain. For a regular daily that doesn't see towing or severe use, 1 drain/fill every 80k-100k should do the trick. I make sure fluid levels are at mid mark when tranny temps are between 40°-50°C via the OBD....as makes like Toyota & Mazda we have require their conventional ATs.

Appreciate your helpful digging, good sir.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Or...Mobil ATF Multi-vehicle
    Mobil ATF Multi-Vehicle

Personally, I won't pretend to know better than the factory specifiers & would prefer to drain/fill w/ the same ATF the car came w/ to keep everything homogeneous. When the dipstick says T-IV, that's what I get. The sealed ones from Yota will likely say WS, that's what I'd use. Convention ATs are simple to maintain. For a regular daily that doesn't see towing or severe use, 1 drain/fill every 80k-100k should do the trick. I make sure fluid levels are at mid mark when tranny temps are between 40°-50°C via the OBD....as makes like Toyota & Mazda we have require their conventional ATs.

Appreciate your helpful digging, good sir.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

yep safest option is ecstar 3317. i'd also stay away from multi-vehicle ATFs coz they try to make them somewhat usable on a variety of standards rather than optimize for 1 particular standard

here's why i'm saying that they probably want you to use a better ATF. k15b is a 130nm engine but the tw40 tranny is only 114nm for kei cars 1.3L and below i've read quite a few times that the a/t on jimny is a weak point

it's also possible that after 2019 they made changes to the a/t such that you can't use dexron-iii anymore

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    yep safest option is ecstar 3317. i'd also stay away from multi-vehicle ATFs coz they try to make them somewhat usable on a variety of standards rather than optimize for 1 particular standard

here's why i'm saying that they probably want you to use a better ATF. k15b is a 130nm engine but the tw40 tranny is only 114nm for kei cars 1.3L and below i've read quite a few times that the a/t on jimny is a weak point

it's also possible that after 2019 they made changes to the a/t such that you can't use dexron-iii anymore

At least, Aisin ATs are known nonDivas....even BMW uses them for the MINI, likely its lone bulletproof part.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    At least, Aisin ATs are known nonDivas....even BMW uses them for the MINI, likely its lone bulletproof part.
    "B.M.Trouble You" nga daw pag may edad na yung mga units nila

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    "B.M.Trouble You" nga daw pag may edad na yung mga units nila
    Oh yes...Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014

got stuck the other day haha. super soft, it just sank

boybi try this shortcut from new clark city goto cristo rey, to san jose road, turn right sa new road going to balanti, then through river to san luis. pero sa summer na

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017

got stuck the other day haha. super soft, it just sank

boybi try this shortcut from new clark city goto cristo rey, to san jose road, turn right sa new road going to balanti, then through river to san luis. pero sa summer na

If I will buy a Jimny, this is part of the things I will do and have a good time with it on weekend. . going part road less travelled Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

Probably next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014

just finished my DIY rear bar. plasma cut. co2 gas MIG welded. super light at 6kg (w/o tow ball) so as not to weigh down the jimny. needless to say it's not super heavy duty because it doesn't need to be it'll be fine for supporting loads up to 50kg, or towing a lightweight 300kg trailer.

accessories can bolt on directly. this eliminates the rattle you get from the usual 2" square receivers. it's also more rigid compared to having just one 2" hitch in the middle especially as the vehicle rolls (sways)

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172