New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    way overpriced a denso filter is probably even a bit worse than a wix. i still got 4pcs WL7119 anyway

here's a mini mod. the stock ac drain tube drips directly onto the ladder frame and the water ends up dripping on the ground further back. so the water somehow gets INSIDE the ladder frame. it'll rust if you keep this up for 10yrs so this tube simply redirects the water away from the ladder frame

Yup, all casa items are. Still much lower than the oil filter on our old trusty Yota truck.
    For big items, I usually discern & weigh between dealership & our go-to Nippon/MidEast sites for genuine parts. But for filters, I really don't mind getting 'jew'd'...apologies for the lack of a shorter, more apt termNext-Gen Suzuki Jimny. Like everyone, dealerships gotta survive, too.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

The drain mod is a must do...did same on the 43, otherwise twas wetting the firewall like someone who doesn't know how to aim.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014

there i fixed one of the jimny's annoyances. it's still held on w/ kapton tape. i think i wanna shift it a bit to the right...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    way overpriced a denso filter is probably even a bit worse than a wix. i still got 4pcs WL7119 anyway

here's a mini mod. the stock ac drain tube drips directly onto the ladder frame and the water ends up dripping on the ground further back. so the water somehow gets INSIDE the ladder frame. it'll rust if you keep this up for 10yrs so this tube simply redirects the water away from the ladder frame

Nice mod.. may I suggest a bigger extension tube wherein the black drain tube will go inside the extension tube..

Your extension tube now may trap accumulated dirt in the drain and might cause blockage in the future

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Nice mod.. may I suggest a bigger extension tube wherein the black drain tube will go inside the extension tube..

Your extension tube now may trap accumulated dirt in the drain and might cause blockage in the future

agree. also i think i wanna shift it to the other side of the frame coz right now it might get clogged from mud thrown up by the wheel

5. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    The drain mod is a must do...did same on the 43, otherwise twas wetting the firewall like someone who doesn't know how to aim.
    Actually, design oversight of most Suzukis ito It's also been reported in the s-presso.

Some say that the engine bay is hot enough to evaporate the water drops before they cause harm, but sa taas ng humidity ng climate natin dito all year round, hindi lang the occasional drop lalabas from operation of the evap.

Suspicion ko, rather than defective design, nagtipid (?) lang sa production cost ng mga 2ft or so of hose.

Tama si Yapoy though. Baka maging bara ng dumi yung smaller hose na nakasalpak sa loob. Sa akin I used a 3/4 (?) or 1/2 (?) (can't remember the size) transparent hose left over from yung mga window type ACs namin.

But for filters, I really don't mind... Like everyone, dealerships gotta survive, too
    It takes out a lot of the guesswork (i.e. "tama ba ito?" "is the filtration really up to par, or sales talk?") Matipid ako, and I have no qualms using the minimum spec. cheap mineral oil mentioned in the manual, but willing to pay a little (?) more ako for these engine components. Yun na lang konting luho/sacrifice ko. At least wala kang problema o iniisip pa...

Pero if the price, tipong libo na, iba nang usapan yan Like Vodka said, these filters are probably some rebranded filter lang of some other manufacturer, but trade secret na nila yun.

All businesses are meant to turn a profit (kahit naman ako), because everyone has to eat, but yung tipong gahaman na... that's plain simple greed.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post

Pero if the price, tipong libo na, iba nang usapan yan Like Vodka said, these filters are probably some rebranded filter lang of some other manufacturer, but trade secret na nila yun.

All businesses are meant to turn a profit (kahit naman ako), because everyone has to eat, but yung tipong gahaman na... that's plain simple greed.

yep that's how the auto industry works. you leave the filter making to the filter makers. just like you i get annoyed when they try to get me to pay almost 1k for something that's worth around P100 wholesale

but now the question is which c-932 filter is "best"

- vic. meron vic official store sa lazada so it's probably genuine
    - acdelco
    - js asakashi
    - bosch

then there's the atf coz sooner or later we'd have to cross this bridge. the manual lists two types: 3317 and 3309. turns out that JWS3309 and toyota T-IV are exactly the same spec. so i'll be using toyota t-iv atf from the local casa which is made by mobil, and mobil is also selling the same fluid as the mobil 3309 but costs a lot more

7. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    I’m still sticking with the stock filters, while the prices are still within reason pa naman.

As to ATF--- > 3317, 3309 or equivalent to Dexron III --- > Dexron III’s industry standard for years na rin, one won’t have problems getting that. 4 speed Conventional AT pa (not the most efficient, but tough!)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    I’m still sticking with the stock filters, while the prices are still within reason pa naman.

As to ATF--- > 3317, 3309 or equivalent to Dexron III --- > Dexron III’s industry standard for years na rin, one won’t have problems getting that. 4 speed Conventional AT pa (not the most efficient, but tough!)

the dexron-iii recommendation is gone on the more recent revisions of the user's manual. i wonder why

possible reasons:

1) they want to sell their own suzuki 3317. but they're listing a mobil alternative so this is unlikely

2) the 1.5 engine is stronger than the old m13 engine so a better atf is probably a good idea coz dex-iii is a very old lower grade atf. so they changed their minds and stopped recommending dex-iii

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015

the dexron-iii recommendation is gone on the more recent revisions of the user's manual. i wonder why

possible reasons:

1) they want to sell their own suzuki 3317. but they're listing a mobil alternative so this is unlikely

2) the 1.5 engine is stronger than the old m13 engine so a better atf is probably a good idea coz dex-iii is a very old lower grade atf. so they changed their minds and stopped recommending dex-iii
    But 3317 is DexIII equivalent...exact same for the JB43. That's a good thing....no fixing needed.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    But 3317 is DexIII equivalent...exact same for the JB43. That's a good thing....no fixing needed.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

3317 isn't dexron iii equivalent. there's not much info on jws 3317

but what is known is jws 3309 is exactly the same as toyota t-iv atf. the mobil atf 3309 has no mention of dexiii compatibility

jws 3324 is exactly the same as toyota WS atf (world standard)

there are dexron-IIIH ATFs like kixx dx-iii that list compatibility with 3309/3317

however the cheap dexron-iii like texamatic 1888 have no mention of 3309 3317

then there are the aisin fluids coz this tranny was made by aisin anyway

safest choice is to cough up the money for suzuki 3317 2nd safest choice is to use toyota t-iv or mobil 3309