New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    2 tone na (hi-low)?

Balitaan nyo ako diyan about OBD scanners, I don't know much about them, and I'm thinking of one that will also work with Toyotas.
    With older Toyotas, it won't be plugNplay. You gotta custom configure the Torque app to make it work.
    SZvIewer app works for both 43 & 74.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    2 tone na (hi-low)?

Balitaan nyo ako diyan about OBD scanners, I don't know much about them, and I'm thinking of one that will also work with Toyotas.

yeah 2 tone na and actually sounds OK. gusto ko sana kabitan ng marco hurricane air horn, but it's gonna be a lot more work finding a suitable mounting location plus wiring a relay and fuse

here's the obd2 that i use on my ecosport which also works on honda city, etc. but wouldn't work on the jimny

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    wixeurope website lists the 7119 as the filter for the jimny jb74 but i can't find it anymore

what's the risk of using a similarly sized one like the 7131 ?
    Reply ko dito from the oil filter threads.

Share ko lang para masama sa data/info on the forum (and for parts reference na rin if you want to look at alternative filters):

AFAIK, there are two stock filters being used for JB74's:

• Part No 16510-58M00-000 (Thailand)

• Part No 16510-82703-000 (Japan) (Surprisingly cheaper also?!?!)

100% ako sigurado original ito bec. I got them direct from casa. Pag yung mga online sellers, well, there are many very clever fakes, and its really hard to tell. Same reasoning applies din for the reputable aftermarket brands, be careful where you order from, pinepeke din sila.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Even undercarriage work is simple.
    The beam axle suspension has is drawbacks in term of comfort (suspension ng truck) because its meant to be very strong... but I'm pretty sure it'll stay kalampag free for years.

I wonder if you can say the same for a vehicle with a MacPherson's, multilink, double wishbone, torsion bar or what have you

It helps that the Jimny is very DIYable.
    There's a large Australian, British and S.A. enthusiast user base with a huge database of reports/info available., and di sila madamot.
    Most issues and fixes (from 2nd-4th gen.) are already well known & documented, so there won't be any nasty surprises down the road, and you'll know what to watch out for. para mabantayan

5. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Yung mga user groups here in the Phils. on social media though? Useless.
    -Puro bentahan lang ng units/accessories, minsan may mga swindler pa.

What's worse? Some shops/vendors here in the Phils. are selling some very dangerous accessories/modifications and promoting them on social media.

One example of a seemingly innocent/useful accessory which is actually very dangerous:

• Drink cup holder installed on the passenger side grab bar

--May passenger airbag dun. Airbags operate with considerable force. If anything is in the way of the airbag when it deploys, it can turn whatever's in the way into a deadly projectile. Imbes na mailigtas pa ang passenger, maari pa ito ang ikamatay niya. Grab Bar lang talaga siya, NOTHING is meant to be placed there even if it looks like you can put stuff there (cellphone, etc.) BECAUSE OF THE AIRBAG. Put stuff in the glove compartment beneath. You've been warned!

One example of a STUPID accessory/modification:

• "Spare Tire Delete"

--They remove the spare tire carrier in the rear tailgate and replace it, and the spare tire with a plastic decorative cover (self explanatory why its stupid)

Another example of a STUPID modification:

One JB74 I encountered on the road had aftermarket 17 inch tires (possibly 225/55s?) fitted but still had the original 15in tire mounted on the spare tire carrier. (self explanatory din, unless trip niya gawing tricycle ata sasakyan niya pag na flat yung isang gulong, well...)

Ala Kags: "Saan ba grumadweyt ang mga ito?"

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Reply ko dito from the oil filter threads.

Share ko lang para masama sa data/info on the forum (and for parts reference na rin if you want to look at alternative filters):

AFAIK, there are two stock filters being used for JB74's:

• Part No 16510-58M00-000 (Thailand)

• Part No 16510-82703-000 (Japan) (Surprisingly cheaper also?!?!)

100% ako sigurado about this bec. I got them direct from dealers. Pag yung mga online sellers, well, there are many very clever fakes, and its really hard to tell. Same reasoning applies din for the reputable aftermarket brands, be careful where you order from, pinepeke din sila.

after some googling the easiest way to search for alternative filters is by searching for C-932. there are bosch, acdelco, js asakashi, etc in this size (less likely to get fakes compared to buying suzuki-branded or vic)

wix europe website lists WL7119 as the correct size for jb74. same website also lists 7119 as the exact same size as vic c-932. so by inference c932 is compatible with jb74

Yung mga user groups here in the Phils. on social media though? Useless.
    -Puro bentahan lang ng units/accessories, minsan may mga swindler pa.
    agree medyo useless mga local fb groups when it comes to jb74 specific stuff most pinoy owners also don't seem to be interested in the technical stuff

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    after some googling the easiest way to search for alternative filters is by searching for C-932. there are bosch, acdelco, js asakashi, etc in this size (less likely to get fakes compared to buying suzuki-branded or vic)

wix europe website lists WL7119 as the correct size for jb74. same website also lists 7119 as the exact same size as vic c-932. so by inference c932 is compatible with jb74

agree medyo useless mga local fb groups when it comes to jb74 specific stuff most pinoy owners also don't seem to be interested in the technical stuff
    I'd always go genuine unless unavailable. It's not like they cost a thousand more & you'd likely just be changing about twice a year.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I'd always go genuine unless unavailable. It's not like they cost a thousand more & you'd likely just be changing about twice a year.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

got any sources for genuine suzuki filters other than the casa? btw it's probably a denso so it should be ok so the question is is it better/worse than a poland Wix?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    got any sources for genuine suzuki filters other than the casa? btw it's probably a denso so it should be ok so the question is is it better/worse than a poland Wix?
    I've only gotten them from the dealership.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I've only gotten them from the dealership.

way overpriced a denso filter is probably even a bit worse than a wix. i still got 4pcs WL7119 anyway

here's a mini mod. the stock ac drain tube drips directly onto the ladder frame and the water ends up dripping on the ground further back. so the water somehow gets INSIDE the ladder frame. it'll rust if you keep this up for 10yrs so this tube simply redirects the water away from the ladder frame