New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i wish they make a longer wheelbase version.. still 2 doors but a little longer to make the rear seats for real people.. maybe 24 inch wheel base extension will suffice

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    The thing I love about the 3rd gen (JB23 to 53) was that they were very streamlined (aerodynamic) compared to the 4rth gen. Yung drag coefficient for the JB74's probably 0.5++ siguro with the blocky design.

May bumper sticker nga nakita ko online dati:

"You've just been passed by a toaster"

haha yeah they really threw aero out of the window. the vast majority of gasoline consumption on the highway goes to simply pushing air away. tire resistance on h/t tires is ridiculously small.

The POWER requirements of your car at a particular speed is:
    Power in Watts = ((Mass in kg) (9.8m/s²) (Velocity in m/s) (Rolling Resistance)) + ((0.6465) (Coefficient of Drag) (Area in m²) (Velocity^3))

basically it's rolling resistance + air resistance. check out the term at the end: velocity cubed i guess i just have to drive slow on the highway LOL

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    i wish they make a longer wheelbase version.. still 2 doors but a little longer to make the rear seats for real people.. maybe 24 inch wheel base extension will suffice
    May "mythical" 5 door version in the works, but based on spy cam footage taken by car mag. paparazzi, I don't like it.
    Nawawala yung cute factor niya.

I wonder if the longer wheel base version would need a bigger engine din siguro.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

5dr version seems like it has very poor breakover angles

mini jeep wrangler

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    May "mythical" 5 door version in the works, but based on spy cam footage taken by car mag. paparazzi, I don't like it.
    Nawawala yung cute factor niya.

I wonder if the longer wheel base version would need a bigger engine din siguro.

yeah exactly. i think the 5dr will be hybrid-only. seems like it's gonna be a lot more expensive

6. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    haha yeah they really threw aero out of the window. the vast majority of gasoline consumption on the highway goes to simply pushing air away. tire resistance on h/t tires is ridiculously small.

The POWER requirements of your car at a particular speed is:
    Power in Watts = ((Mass in kg) (9.8m/s²) (Velocity in m/s) (Rolling Resistance)) + ((0.6465) (Coefficient of Drag) (Area in m²) (Velocity^3))

basically it's rolling resistance + air resistance. check out the term at the end: velocity cubed i guess i just have to drive slow on the highway LOL

Naku, iiwanan ka talaga! If sanay ka at sedan speeds, you'll fall asleep.
    You might be able to eke out a bit more speed on the M/T versions pero baka mga 145kph tops na yun...

It wasn't designed for sporty driving naman though
    And unless you really want a fright, don't even think about high speed cornering, etc. with a suspension and high center of gravity like that. (It's in the manual)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Im wondering if the irritating wobble is still noticeable in the latest model?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    So far, haven't encountered it yet. Varying the speed at 70-90 kph sa SLEX- when the road was clear (and relatively safe) sinadya ko to go over some potholes minsan to induce it, no death wobble naman so far. PSI on all 4 stock tires was at recommended pressure.

Palagay ko, dapat meticulous lang dapat ang bantay sa suspension parts maintenance + no modifications (raising/lowering) by a mechanic & shop that doesn't have much experience with this kind of vehicle, and one should be fine. Don't mess with what the Japanese engineers designed.

If un-accustomed to the handling characteristics of this type of vehicle, malaki rin possiblity of understeering/oversteering, notwithstanding the experience of the driver with other cars kasi if sanay sa sedan, baka manibago.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Nope, too early, bai & the 74 is now equipped w/ a steering damper absent on the 43. Live axles will be prone to wobble, the Jimny at 70-80kph & cruisers at 140ish, but comes mostly when suspension & steering components are worn. Kingpin bearings are the primary suspects on the 43. This I've done some 1st hand huntdown on the unit under my temporary care. All ball joints good, wheels Roadforce balanced & still had the shakes. Knuckle rebuild made it shoot straight.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Naku, iiwanan ka talaga! If sanay ka at sedan speeds, you'll fall asleep.
    You might be able to eke out a bit more speed on the M/T versions pero baka mga 145kph tops na yun...

It wasn't designed for sporty driving naman though
    And unless you really want a fright, don't even think about high speed cornering, etc. with a suspension and high center of gravity like that. (It's in the manual)

haha well even when i drive sedans i do only around 80kph LOL basta if you see some idiot on the slow lane at 80kph baka ako yun. so yeah the jimny suits me LOL

just got back from the expressway. again, it rode just fine. but expansion joints and such do feel a lot more harsh

android auto works just fine but it's not wireless afaik

the power window switch location is starting to annoy me though visors are tiny. no speed-activated locking.

btw i wanna monitor my coolant temp. i've tried plugging in various obd2 display from my other cars but none of them work. you have any idea what's going on?