New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    tnx! definitely gonna get a tow bar, a 2" tow ball for my trailer, and rear rack coz this car is seriously lacking in boot capacity hehe. then i'll get a/t tires. gonna keep it mostly stock. maybe mud flaps. also wanna get rid of the stock wheels coz i like steelies LOL

tnx! no idea re india vs japan probably no major differences. the parts suppliers for the important parts are probably the same. i'm seeing a lot of made in japan components. battery is amaron so that's indian. seats, carpets and such are probably indian

If you ask me, iba pa rin yung Japanese built Suzuki (Kosai plant in Shizuoka) vs the Indian ones. They may claim same quality control procedures etc. but iba ang work ethic ng mga Japanese- O.C. perfectionist talaga.

I suggest skip the mudflaps, whether yung narrow profile stock tires pa or iba. Observation ko almost useless sila so I never installed mine. May overspray pa rin yung mga ibang Jimny na may mudflap, lalo na sa rear bumper. Grime trap pa siya sa fender for corrosive elements. Plus, if you ever plan to do some offroading, pwede siya mag fold or tear off pag sumabit sa obstructions = damage to fender where its attached.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    tnx! definitely gonna get a tow bar, a 2" tow ball for my trailer, and rear rack coz this car is seriously lacking in boot capacity hehe. then i'll get a/t tires. gonna keep it mostly stock. maybe mud flaps. also wanna get rid of the stock wheels coz i like steelies LOL

tnx! no idea re india vs japan probably no major differences. the parts suppliers for the important parts are probably the same. i'm seeing a lot of made in japan components. battery is amaron so that's indian. seats, carpets and such are probably indian
    No choice, no new nippon-assembled available. Here's a bud's...kept simple, rides great, drives well.[emoji108]img_1669253432277.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    No choice, no new nippon-assembled available. Here's a bud's...kept simple, rides great, drives well.[emoji108]img_1669253432277.jpg

love the side strips

dinala ko agad sa putik. i'll try a river crossing later.

btw i've heard so many stories about the bad ride quality but it's actually quite comfy. or maybe i'm just used to driving cheap cars LOL. but seriously it's definitely comfy enough to be a daily driver. even the side-to-side sway isn't that bad.

so far i'm definitely not regretting this purchase

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i'm smelling tires upgrade...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post

love the side strips

btw i've heard so many stories about the bad ride quality but it's actually quite comfy. or maybe i'm just used to driving cheap cars LOL. but seriously it's definitely comfy enough to be a daily driver. even the side-to-side sway isn't that bad.

Nice toys! I feel nostalgic with my 2008 jimny (pix below).

Congrats travs, miles and vodka on the new rides!!!20160704_204247.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Beam axle suspension ginamit, because it was designed to be very strong.

The tradeoff nga lang for that ruggedness is the comfort & handling afforded by independent suspensions. Less complex, less things to break under rough use (in contrast to the multi link, double wishbone and even the ubiquitous MacPhersons suspensions)

I suppose the complaints come mostly from buyers who didn't know what they were purchasing kasi. They probably thought they were buying a little SUV and expect it to handle like their Monteros, Fortuners and FJs, which is not the case. They had the wrong expectations and bought the wrong vehicle because they didn't do their homework....

The design concept for the Jimny is that its supposed to be:

--Rugged (truck suspension), capable of taking a beating w/o damage;
    --Lightweight (it stands a lesser chance to bog down/sink vs. heavier SUVs in soft ground);
    --A two seater (the rear seats are more of rumble seats lang talaga); and
    --Slim and nimble to fit in narrow trails (where big SUVs can't go).

"It's the little thing that can go anywhere..."

7. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post

20160704_204247.jpg
    The thing I love about the 3rd gen (JB23 to 53) was that they were very streamlined (aerodynamic) compared to the 4rth gen. Yung drag coefficient for the JB74's probably 0.5++ siguro with the blocky design.

May bumper sticker nga nakita ko online dati:

"You've just been passed by a toaster"

8. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    love the side strips

Oh, one thing di ko nasabi kahapon pala. I've noticed you put dark tint na on your windshield.

The JB74 has a "canopy design" of the roof above the windshield. You won't need really dark tint up front if the sun (lang) is your concern, because the roof is designed to partially shield the driver and front passenger from the sun. Mapapansn mo ito when driving under harsh sunlight (or into the sunset, etc.) Compared to a passenger sedan w/c usually has a steep rake, in the JB74 para kang may small canopy overhead in front of you (like wearing a baseball cap)

For the outdoors talaga ginawa ito...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i got 3m medium on the windshield which is perfect i.e. still need light-shade sunglasses during the day, and still bright enough at night

as for ride comfort... well this is another reason why you shouldn't watch "professional" car reviews coz a most of them are talking from a certain vantage point which may not be the same as yours. good thing i was able to watch this certain user review in which the reviewer correctly pointed out that the ride comfort isn't really much different from an econocar

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post

Congrats travs, miles and vodka on the new rides!!!20160704_204247.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Haha...not mine, bai. I did have some time behind the wheel on both the 74 & JB43, the latter on temporary adoption for some proper TLC. I'd have to admit the 74 is much refined, more solid, but the 43 has its own charm.
    Live axled vehicles may have a bit of comfort penalty, but nothing beats the suspension's longevity. These can stay clunk-free, not forever, but close. On our 80, its 1st suspension refresh came after logging about 150k kms, not coz of clunks, but the axle seals were starting to weep. Got to them & everything else in 1 go. Now, it feels bnew sans the smell.[emoji16]
    One won't get to appreciate how good the Jimny is by looking. Own 1 & I'd bet getting hooked. The fun & ability to go anywhere, anytime, any weather are easy to love. [emoji4]