New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869707172 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    well traffic just adds to your oil's running time without advancing the odometer, so you just have to compensate accordingly. but it's actually a low stress situation if your cooling system is working properly. the engine is mostly idling.

and the vast majority of the smaller cities and towns in the philippines don't have heavy traffic so they shouldn't even be in the severe schedule as long as you don't do repeated short trips coz that dilutes/contaminates the oil which is bad

bottom line is suzuki OCI shouldn't be 4 months

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    agree.. with the latest technology in oils and cleaner fuels, OCI should be once per year.. lalo na kung mild use lang.. ang purpose lang naman nyan is to make the casa dealership a viable business..

fleet / commercial vehicles nga do longer OCI kasi maluluge sila kung odometer ang basis..

more demanding sa engine yung hard acceleration.. hindi yung idling.. I monitored engine temp using a scangauge.. hard acceleration ang mabilis tumaas ang engine oil temp..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    agree.. with the latest technology in oils and cleaner fuels, OCI should be once per year.. lalo na kung mild use lang.. ang purpose lang naman nyan is to make the casa dealership a viable business..

fleet / commercial vehicles nga do longer OCI kasi maluluge sila kung odometer ang basis..

more demanding sa engine yung hard acceleration.. hindi yung idling.. I monitored engine temp using a scangauge.. hard acceleration ang mabilis tumaas ang engine oil temp..
    AMD highly recommends 5k mi or 6mos, whichever comes 1st. He has decades of reasons.
    https://youtu.be/YvsyTNVzzXM

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    AMD highly recommends 5k mi or 6mos, whichever comes 1st. He has decades of reasons.
    https://youtu.be/YvsyTNVzzXM

6mo OCI is reasonable. but ultimately it depends on how long you wanna keep the car. my other car i probably won't keep for more than 10yrs so i'm doing 12mo or 9mo OCI coz i know that i don't short trip it

but the jimny i think i wanna keep for like 16yrs, so 6mo OCI

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    6mo OCI is reasonable. but ultimately it depends on how long you wanna keep the car. my other car i probably won't keep for 10yrs so i'm doing 12mo or 9mo OCI coz i know that i don't short trip it

but the jimny i think i wanna keep for like 16yrs, so 6mo OCI
    It helps that the Jimny is very DIYable.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    It helps that the Jimny is very DIYable.

yeah i've had cars where you had to remove the intake manifold just to get to the spark plugs or need 5 different tools to rip out some plastic panels just to change the cabin air filter i like that you need ZERO tools to change the cabin filter on the jb74 and could probably do it in under 60 seconds

just added an add'l horn. stock horn is 370hz. the add'l horn is 460hz and draws just 1.5A so it won't overload the stock wiring.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    yeah i've had cars where you had to remove the intake manifold just to get to the spark plugs or need 5 different tools to rip out some plastic panels just to change the cabin air filter i like that you need ZERO tools to change the cabin filter on the jb74 and could probably do it in under 60 seconds

just added an add'l horn. stock horn is 370hz. the add'l horn is 460hz and draws just 1.5A so it won't overload the stock wiring.

Even undercarriage work is simple. Did you dedicate some old android as your SZviewer monitor? I always hook an OBD extension cable w/ switch to keep the elm plugged in nonOBD2 compliant vehicles(Scangauge on compliant). I prefer to see how the engine is beating & breathing while driving, esp on those long trips to nowhere.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Even undercarriage work is simple. Did you dedicate some old android as your SZviewer monitor? I always hook an OBD extension cable w/ switch to keep the elm plugged in nonOBD2 compliant vehicles(Scangauge on compliant). I prefer to see how the engine is beating & breathing while driving, esp on those long trips to nowhere.

phone can be a bit of a hassle so i'm still looking for a compatible obd2 hud. i think the autool x60 w/ latest software is compatible but i still have to do more research

then there's the issue w/ the port. can't pop open the hood when obd2 is plugged coz i like leaving the hoods open when parked at home

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015

phone can be a bit of a hassle so i'm still looking for a compatible obd2 hud. i think the autool x60 w/ latest software is compatible but i still have to do more research

then there's the issue w/ the port. can't pop open the hood when obd2 is plugged coz i like leaving the hoods open when parked at home
    The port issue can be solved by an OBD extension cable. The Autool sits about flush & comes w/ a switch so your ELM won't be drawing power while the car sleeps.
    A junked Android phone or tablet make a good monitor....or better....swap a full android HU in. 20230331_065308.jpg20230331_065324.jpg20230331_071727.jpg

10. Join Date
    Sep 2021

2 tone na (hi-low)?

Balitaan nyo ako diyan about OBD scanners, I don't know much about them, and I'm thinking of one that will also work with Toyotas.