New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post

A different casa/stealership I spoke to will substitute Suzuki 75W-80 GL-4 bec. the manual specified “Suzuki Super Gear 75W-85” is unavailable locally. Pwede naman... but for light use lang (that means no towing, avoid off roading [nag 4x4 ka pa?], and avoid long highway use)

yeah there will be more wear on the diffs coz GL4 has less ep additives. that's crazy

btw here's the service manual for the JB74... but in russian sorry i still can't find an english version.

Suzuki Jimny JB74 Workshop Manual (RU).pdf - Google Drive

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Philippines driving conditions is classified under extreme driving conditions ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014

just got a cheap winch. hope that the 4000lb rating is enough to pull the jimny out of muddy patches and such, nothing extreme. if not then the snatch ring should double the pulling power.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    just got a cheap winch. hope that the 4000lb rating is enough to pull the jimny out of muddy patches and such, nothing extreme. if not then the snatch ring should double the pulling power.
    Nice! but IMHO, you’ll still need to have a damper for safety (even if the winch is only for “justincase”).

I see a lot of cosmetic “shackles” on some aftermarket bull bars & bumpers. Porma lang (We’re talking “RICE” here), but little actual use since hindi sila recovery points that can take the strain. They will either pull off, pull off the bull bar/bumper or worse, become deadly missiles.

--> Tow cables in use are under a tremendous amount of strain (thousands of pounds of force). If it snaps, or pulls off whatever its anchored to, that energy is released with catapult like force. Kahit malatigo ka lang ng cable…

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Nice! but IMHO, you’ll still need to have a damper for safety (even if the winch is only for “justincase”).

I see a lot of cosmetic “shackles” on some aftermarket bull bars & bumpers. Porma lang (We’re talking “RICE” here), but little actual use since hindi sila recovery points that can take the strain. They will either pull off, pull off the bull bar/bumper or worse, become deadly missiles.

--> Tow cables in use are under a tremendous amount of strain (thousands of pounds of force). If it snaps, or pulls off whatever its anchored to, that energy is released with catapult like force. Kahit malatigo ka lang ng cable…

yep will definitely get a damper. that's why i switched out the steel cable to synthetic for added safety

i'll also make this anchor, para self-sufficient si Jimny

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014

1st PMS Miles_on you're right they'll try to pretend that they don't have mineral oil

overpriced. ayaw pa tanggalin yung "sundries"

7. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    5th month right?

--- >Mura pa yan. At that price range, papayag pa ako (I did, actually). Para lang ako bumili ng 4 liters of high end na FS oil.

You'll be shocked at what some clueless owners are charged sa mga upsells ng ibang Suzuki Casa though. Amen lang ng amen sa sinasabi ng casa.
    Yung "sundries" is like Toyota's "rags, etc. charge". Standard yan kahit saang casa. Consider it parang extra service charge.

Three months from now (8th month), they'll insist on replacing your spark plugs and changing your oil again
    Yung mga UK and Australian dealers, they follow the manual specified intervals though, not the OA ones imposed here. "Severe" conditions "daw" kasi ang `Pinas.

If they say conditions and traffic here are severe, paano pa kaya yung freezing Winters with salted roads, dreary rain and fog + 4 seasons in the UK, and yung dry hot deserts of the bush in Australia? Ang Queensland and Northern Territory (dami Pinoy dun sa Darwin) parang Pilipinas din ang climate. Around Nov-Jan, feeling ko mas mainit pa sa dun kesa sa Pinas

--->By the way, pang OC lang, yung Ecstar F7000 is API "SM".

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    5th month right?

--- >Mura pa yan. At that price range, papayag pa ako (I did, actually). Para lang ako bumili ng 4 liters of high end na FS oil.

You'll be shocked at what some clueless owners are charged sa mga upsells ng ibang Suzuki Casa though. Amen lang ng amen sa sinasabi ng casa.
    Yung "sundries" is like Toyota's "rags, etc. charge". Standard yan kahit saang casa. Consider it parang extra service charge.

Three months from now (8th month), they'll insist on replacing your spark plugs and changing your oil again
    Yung mga UK and Australian dealers, they follow the manual specified intervals though, not the OA ones imposed here. "Severe" conditions "daw" kasi ang `Pinas.

If they say conditions and traffic here are severe, paano pa kaya yung freezing Winters with salted roads, dreary rain and fog + 4 seasons in the UK, and yung dry hot deserts of the bush in Australia? Ang Queensland and Northern Territory (dami Pinoy dun sa Darwin) parang Pilipinas din ang climate. Around Nov-Jan, feeling ko mas mainit pa sa dun kesa sa Pinas

--->By the way, pang OC lang, yung Ecstar F7000 is API "SM".

4th month. 1st month was inspection only but they tried REALLY HARD to get me to change the oil w/ them

next PMS should be at 8th month (4 months from now) but going forward i won't be following their "super severe" schedule anymore. pinag-bigyan ko lang sila this one time. so my next oil change would be 6 months from now. the manual specifies 6mo OCI under severe schedule. yes i'll be refusing the spark plugs

yeah i know it's pretty much the same w/ other casas from any brand

i probably won't do PMS w/ them beyond 2yrs so it's gonna be nothing but oil changes w/ them. i'll DIY the diff fluid at around 5k (should be broken in by then). i'll also DIY brake fluid flush every 2yrs.

as for api SM i'm fine w/ it. it might even have higher HTHS viscosity compared to more recent spec which have lower HTHS for fuel-economy purposes but less wear protection

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Severe conditions because of the traffic ...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    ^^^
    They have bad traffic jams like us din. Bumper to bumper, stop and go like Edsa during rush hour, and in extremes of weather pa depending on the season, not just hot year round like us.

Ka-OC han lang:
    May slight differences in formulation per market region. Sa iba, ang Ecstar F7000 nila is a 10W-30 oil. Pero hindi maselan ang K-15B, it will work fine even with cheap “SG” grades. I think the engineers designed them like construction equipment. Mas bantay ka nga lang dapat sa oil condition of course, compared to using an “SL” or better.