New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Ah yes, only GL-4 sa transfer case!
    Balitaan mo kami dito how the 75W-90 works out.

Malamang, that's the only reason they don't stock blue coolant.
    Ke dali lang naman mag flush ng radiator eh...

Mabuti sana kung engot tayo sa sasakyan eh...

Pwede namang general "inspection" lang at 1 month, which I let them do. (700kms odo pa lang)
    -Changed the oil + filter myself at 1k kms, mineral 10w-30. (`Yaan mo na, rite of passage ko with my vehicles [parang binyag] sa break in)

5th month, I let them change the oil (marked ko with date beforehand yung old oil filter with paint so I can see if they replaced it)
    -5w-30, Ecstar semi synth nila (ayaw pa ibigay, yung 0w20FS daw nila meron). Sabi ko MERON kayo, supplied yan ng Suzuki in drums, not bottles. (para sa trucks namin we have a drum din and rotary hand pump)

8th month, had some free time, so I dropped by and inq. about PMS. In addition to oil change, policy daw nila palitan ang spark plugs after 8 months.
    Mura lang naman ang 4 na plug, but I also declined na. Cost is not the issue, trying to be made a sucker though, is a different matter...

haha funny i did the same, at 900+ km i changed the oil by myself using the cheapest oil i got in my stash, valvoline premium conventional 10w30 worth around P800+

thanks for the tip i'll insist on the 5w30 the next time i visit the casa (just to preserve the warranty). i'm just not a fan of 0w-20

btw here's a page from the jb43 service manual. transfer case. recommended oil is 75w-90. so don't worry about using thicker fluids. take note 75w90 is TWICE the viscosity of 75w.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Bihira naman palitan yan* after the diff. & trans. break in so best to use the better fluids na.
    I'd prefer the ones that come in the pointed bottles (easier to squeeze in).

*unless you wallow her in the mud or isugod sa baha often

By the way, andaming useless mods. & so called "upgrade" kits being sold sa mga user groups. Sa akin lang ha, these are the all terrain vehicle category equivalent of "ricey" mods. in cars.

I do suggest you get an under hood insulator though (mura lang).
    Helps a lot for quicker warmups, and will help protect your hood paint from the engine heat.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Bihira naman palitan yan* after the diff. & trans. break in so best to use the better fluids na.
    I'd prefer the ones that come in the pointed bottles (easier to squeeze in).

*unless you wallow her in the mud or isugod sa baha often

By the way, andaming useless mods. & so called "upgrade" kits being sold sa mga user groups. Sa akin lang ha, these are the all terrain vehicle category equivalent of "ricey" mods. in cars.

I do suggest you get an under hood insulator though (mura lang).
    Helps a lot for quicker warmups, and will help protect your hood paint from the engine heat.

i'll be using cheap fluids habang wala pang breathers toyota GL-4 and kixx GL-5. did some sand driving a few hrs ago para ma break-in yung 4wd

yeah there are plenty of silly mods on the jimny plenty of legit ones as well. here's what i'm planning:

1) tow bar w/ 2" tow ball
    2) rear cargo rack that bolts onto the tow bar
    3) bicycle carrier
    4) winch with sand anchor
    5) radius arm protection
    6) xfer case bash plate

won't be installing a roof rack but i wanna get some crossbars so i could transport some long items on the roof. instead of putting stuff on a roof rack i'd rather carry stuff on the rear rack (upto 50kg)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    here's a page from the jb43 service manual. transfer case. recommended oil is 75w-90. so don't worry about using thicker fluids. take note 75w90 is TWICE the viscosity of 75w.

Bro Vodka, question:

Would you know about the proper differential filler plug & drain plug gaskets for the JB74?
    Wala stock on hand sa casa, so they had to order pa sa “planta”.

I said “innocently” (kuno):
    Ah, since wala naman stock on hand sa parts storage room, that means pag mag pa PMS ako right now to change my diff oil, hindi pala nila papalitan yung mga crush gaskets…

Parts Sales Dept Clerk:
    Ah sir, nagco-coordinate naman ang Service Dept sa planta pag may naka sched. na appointment” (Yeah, right… ) (Note: the parts took 4 days to arrive) Hindi na ako humirit pa na papaano kung walk in, or those who sched only a day or 2 ahead. Hirap na mag adlib yung tao.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    DIY REPORT(sorry, no pics):

4rth gen owner’s manual states to replace the diff. fluid for the 1st time at 15,000 km or 12 months, then inspect (regular use)/replace (severe use) every 30,000km or 24 months. Dealer PMS booklet service schedule on the other hand, is at 24 months.

My JB74’s almost at 24 months. I was certain the fluid’s still in great shape, but para naman substantial compliance* with the owner’s manual, I changed both front & rear diff. fluid myself today.

Main items used: (Didn’t mention the common sense ones i.e. basin, sawdust, etc.)
    --3/8 ratchet wrench for the fill plugs.
    --3 liters GL-5 synthetic gear oil (used a 75W-90, costs P380 per liter)
    --2 fill plug washers/crush gaskets, for each diff. (Suzuki part no. 09168-20002) or, (Suzuki part no. 09168-20003-000). Either’s fine but the latter is copper. You don’t need to replace the washers if intact, but might as well do it the RIGHT way.

Total expense: P1,246 (3 liters gear oil + 2 fill plug washers/crush gaskets)
    Time expended: around 45min each differential.

Open fill plug, drain, then reinstall drain plug, fill until fluid oozes out of fill plug, close fill plug. Easy peasy!

*Actually, hindi nga eh, dapat at 12 mos. If you want to do it to the letter, pero even the drained fluid, sobrang ganda pa nga at 2yrs, and no metal filings observed. Pero ayun, begrudingly followed the manual.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Notes for the record/local JB74 owners:

• Casa/stealership didn’t even have the plug/crush gaskets on stock (note: these are consumables) Had to order from them & it took 4 days. If you have this PMS item done, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just reuse your old crush gasket, but bill you for new ones dun sa item list and you’d be none the wiser. (refer to post #664 above, on March 13.)

• A different casa/stealership I spoke to will substitute Suzuki 75W-80 GL-4 bec. the manual specified “Suzuki Super Gear 75W-85” is unavailable locally. Pwede naman... but for light use lang (that means no towing, avoid off roading [nag 4x4 ka pa?], and avoid long highway use)

• Suzuki dealerships will insist on replacing your spark plugs at EIGHT MONTHS out (manual says 3 yrs under normal use). My JB74 at the time had less than 5,000kms (WTF?!?!); Mostly highway kms yun, and rarely stuck in traffic (not daily driver). They also want you to change their over rated 0W-20 oil every THREE months during the 1st year. I walked away. It's not about the cost, pero hindi ako engot.

Talagang pineperahan lang nila ang mga walang alam sa kotse.

Wala ako pake sa lagi nilang panakot na warranty. Its not a daily driver, I have no plans to sell, and I'm perfectly capable of performing all light and some of the medium PM services. And sa yung mga hindi ko kaya na jobs, palagay ko mas magaling pa gumawa yung in house namin na nagma-maintain ng mga trucks namin kesa these stealership "clowns". Need nila maka-quota siguro eh.

I keep personal logs/documentation records on all my vehicles though, and given the JB74's simplicity/robust design, I'm pretty confident I can keep this running for years.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015

• Casa/stealership didn’t even have the plug/crush gaskets on stock (note: these are consumables) Had to order from them & it took 4 days. If you have this PMS item done, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just reuse your old crush gasket, but bill you for new ones dun sa item list and you’d be none the wiser. (refer to post #664 above, on March 13.)

• A different casa/stealership I spoke to will substitute Suzuki 75W-80 GL-4 bec. the manual specified “Suzuki Super Gear 75W-85” is unavailable locally. Pwede naman... but for light use lang (that means no towing, avoid off roading [nag 4x4 ka pa?], and avoid long highway use)

• Suzuki dealerships will insist on replacing your spark plugs at EIGHT MONTHS out (manual says 3 yrs under normal use). My JB74 at the time had less than 5,000kms (WTF?!?!); Mostly highway kms yun, and rarely stuck in traffic (not daily driver). They also want you to change their over rated 0W-20 oil every THREE months during the 1st year. I walked away. It's not about the cost, pero hindi ako engot.

Wala ako pake sa lagi nilang panakot na warranty. Its not a daily driver, I have no plans to sell, and I'm perfectly capable of performing all light and some of the medium PM services. And sa yung mga hindi ko kaya na jobs, palagay ko mas magaling pa gumawa yung in house namin na nagma-maintain ng mga trucks namin kesa these stealership "clowns". Need nila maka-quota siguro eh.

I keep personal logs/documentation records on all my vehicles though, and given the JB74's simplicity/robust design, I'm pretty confident I can keep this running for years.
    Great job, sir! Use Toyota Super GL5 75w-90 next time. Available locally... just a bit pricey.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009

ano justification ni casa since clearly iba ang nakalagay sa manual?

a. kailangan namin kumita
    b. mas magaling kami sa engineer na hapon na
    gumawa at nag design
    c. iba ang environment ng pinas
    d. wala lang..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010

And this sort of shit has been going on for far too long. I wonder why there is no lobbying being done for better consumer protection in the Philippines for car/motorcycle buyers. It really does sour the ownership experience of a car bought with your hard-earned money.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Pinipilit nila yung (masyadong) OA na service/replacement intervals nila simply because it makes them more money.

Yes, this is the tropics, its hot, the roads aren’t up to spec, and the stop and go city traffic can be harsh on vehicles, but I don’t think even the typical daily driven vehicle used for commuting & exposed to traffic 2x a day morning and evening can (generally) be classified as SEVERE use. Kung PUJ or taxi pwede pa siguro…

Kala mo naman nasa desyerto, jungle or gitna ng war zone ang `Pinas...

If they’re saying their vehicles can’t handle a little traffic & heat, and need to be treated with “kid gloves” under an OA service interval like that dahil lang sa ganun, sobrang BULOK at MAHINANG KLASENG sasakyan yun and shouldn’t be sold here; nor should anyone be buying such kind of cars here in the first place.