New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    the power window switch location is starting to annoy me though visors are tiny. no speed-activated locking.

btw i wanna monitor my coolant temp. i've tried plugging in various obd2 display from my other cars but none of them work. you have any idea what's going on?
    The non-driver-biased window switches can be a good thing. Passengers can have control when driver isn't around. It's not common in nippons.

For OBD, looks like only the Au&EUDM spec'd have the OBD2. Our region & regulations require no such access, so Suzuki may have decided to force upon us some monitoring & diagnosis dependency.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

Look into SZ Viewer A1 app & a compatible Bluetooth ELM. Ask vendors for 1 that would work with Ph Zooks. I've yet to check the combo out. No 1st hand info yet if it works on the 74.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    haha well even when i drive sedans i do only around 80kph LOL basta if you see some idiot on the slow lane at 80kph baka ako yun. so yeah the jimny suits me LOL

just got back from the expressway. again, it rode just fine. but expansion joints and such do feel a lot more harsh

android auto works just fine but it's not wireless afaik

the power window switch location is starting to annoy me though visors are tiny. no speed-activated locking.

btw i wanna monitor my coolant temp. i've tried plugging in various obd2 display from my other cars but none of them work. you have any idea what's going on?
    You can try this EUCLEIA TabScan X7 OBD2 Scanner, as this is the one I'm using on my Suzuki Ertiga.

EUCLEIA TabScan X7 OBD2 Scanner Full System Bi-Directional Test ECU Coding& Programming For VW with OIL EPB BMS SAS Throttle Reset Auto Automotive Car Diagnostic Scan Tool Check Engine Clean Code Reader All Universial Cars | Lazada PH

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I like this mod for the Jimny.

Are u planning to do the same?screenshot_20221126_064714_facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Here's a quality 1. Just used once for fitting.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    The non-driver-biased window switches can be a good thing. Passengers can have control when driver isn't around. It's not common in nippons.

For OBD, looks like only the Au&EUDM spec'd have the OBD2. Our region & regulations require no such access, so Suzuki may have decided to force upon us some monitoring & diagnosis dependency.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny

Look into SZ Viewer A1 app & a compatible Bluetooth ELM. Ask vendors for 1 that would work with Ph Zooks. I've yet to check the combo out. No 1st hand info yet if it works on the 74.

meron pala ako dongle! almost forgot it have one. SZ Viewer works tnx! pero mas OK sana kung standalone unit. some people are saying that autool x60 works.

cooling system seems to be good. doesn't exceed 87c even during a slow crawl on a hot day

"ignition advance" is interesting. i'll see if that changes when i load v-power gasoline

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

camper trailer nalang siguro i already got a flatbed trailer that's superlight. uses moto wheels and thin-wall tubing throughout so it's very light.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014

solid discs pala, not ventilated

and the pads are really small. i think they're even smaller than the pads on a Jazz GD

btw i've been researching on fluids for JB74:

-for ATF i found Aisin AFW+. datasheet says compabible with suzuki-3317

-transfer case seems to use a 75W GL-4 gear oil so that's easy to find it's basically manual tranmission fluid

-for the diffs suzuki says to use "super gear oil 75w-85 synthetic" which is probably a GL-5. easy to find as well

seems like maintaining this thing isn't gonna be a problem

PS factory fill coolant is BLUE, good for 8yrs. about the same as ford, but shorter than honda's 10yrs

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ I'm more comfy jacking under the axle than the trailing arm.

Warpin/twisting/buckling could lead to rear not aligning to the front just like dislodged centerpost of a leafspring.
    Last edited by 12vdc; November 28th, 2022 at 09:20 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^ I'm more comfy jacking under the axle than the trailing arm.

Warpin/twisting/buckling could lead to rear not aligning to the front just like dislodged centerpost of a leafspring.

yeah seems a bit dodgy, but that's what the manual says (for scissor jack)

when lifting w/ floor jack the manual recommends jacking the front axle at a specific point that has a welded insert, not under the diff bulge. but for jacking the rear you place the jack right under the bulge

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015

solid discs pala, not ventilated

and the pads are really small. i think they're even smaller than the pads on a Jazz GD

btw i've been researching on fluids for JB74:

-for ATF i found Aisin AFW+. datasheet says compabible with suzuki-3317

-transfer case seems to use a 75W GL-4 gear oil so that's easy to find it's basically manual tranmission fluid

-for the diffs suzuki says to use "super gear oil 75w-85 synthetic" which is probably a GL-5. easy to find as well

seems like maintaining this thing isn't gonna be a problem

PS factory fill coolant is BLUE, good for 8yrs. about the same as ford, but shorter than honda's 10yrs
    Them fluids, Toyota has them all by the liter.Next-Gen Suzuki Jimny