New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    that's the advantage and disadvantage of captain's chair seats. actually those are front row seats ng sedan installed on the middle row. similar to the sedan's front seats, you can move it forward or back but never swivels. and another thing, i think since captain chair na ang 2nd row mo you can't be able to pull the third row up if you want to stash in more cargo. you may pull up the 3rd row provided both of the seats in the middle doesn't move. am i right sir sleepydoc? btw, congrats to both of you linchong and sir sleepy, you got yourselves the apv gen 2.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    the captain's chairs are definitely more comfy,much more than the front row seats, if they just figured out a way to make the seats tumble forward or make them swivel to make ingress to the 3rd row easier... the 3rd row is still tumble forward but now is in 60/40 configuration.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi sleepdoc, maybe you could share your FC for the manual version. Its not available here in Singapore. So far I've done 700km on Shell 95 and I am getting 9.6km/l. Hopefully, it will improve as the engine breaks-in.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Hi linchong,

I will, as soon as i finish my first full tank. The old one made an average of 7km/l. I hope this one does better.

What fuel does your dealer recommend? 95 octane? My old apv ran on 93 octane fine...

I couldn't remember if I had a 1000km check up on the old apv, the dealership didn't mention it on the new apv, does your dealer in singapore recommend a 1000km checkup?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sir sleepydoc, the 1000km check up was moved to 5,000km PMS.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    thanks for the info j-six. do you still baby the car during the break-in 1000km?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi sleepdoc,

They recommended nothing less than 92, but in Singapore most of the pumps are 95 or more.

We get 3 free servicings, 1000km, 10,000km and 20,000km. Just did my first 1000km servicing and they changed my oil, filter and gasket. I am also using synthetic oil now.

My FC has creeped up to 9.91km/l, so its starting to break-in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
    Hi linchong,

I will, as soon as i finish my first full tank. The old one made an average of 7km/l. I hope this one does better.

What fuel does your dealer recommend? 95 octane? My old apv ran on 93 octane fine...

I couldn't remember if I had a 1000km check up on the old apv, the dealership didn't mention it on the new apv, does your dealer in singapore recommend a 1000km checkup?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    thanks for the info linchong. We don't have a 1000km checkup here... 1st service is at 5000km, although we do have 2 year free service. Makes me kinda worried about the long wait to 5000km before any maintenance is done on the unit.

The old apv ran fine on 93 octane but I started this one with 95 octane.
    I've driven about 300+ km and still have about a quarter tank left... looks like they did a little tinkering with the ecu on this one considering this one is dual a/c. I certainly hope I get as good a mileage as you're getting...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I just topped up my fuel yesterday and I am averaging around 7.7km/l on mostly city driving... not bad... i think they tweaked the ecu a bit for fuel economy. my old apv used to do around 7km/l... hopefully the fuel economy gets better as the car gets broken in... If i ever get close to linchong's fuel economy, I'd be a very happy man...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    that would be great sir now this gives me an idea regarding the apv gen 1's ecu. if i have the chance to get a look at the ecu unit of yours sir then i could be able to outsource one for my apv gen1 and install it hehehe!

also if have any chance to visit your local car accessory shop i would suggest buying the "floor pan" type car mats for the apv (though medyo mahal nga lang sya). the design definitely traps up the dirt, small rock particles and some water so it wont go into the upholstery of the gen 2 apv.

regarding sa first 1k ng apv unit sir, what i did was run the apv up to 80 kph, since i wasn't able to take my apv sa highway during that time. but if you can take it sa highway, the better, just dont go beyond 100 kph.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
New Suzuki APV Arena (Face-lift)