New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I hope it is permissible to start a thread about buying Multicabs.I tried to read thru the merged thread,but I do not understand the language,and everything seems to be mixed anyway.

If I spoke the language it would be easier I am sure...but I apologize..I am old and can't hardly remember all my English,so learning a new lang would be a interesting Lol.

Ok.Respectfully request advice concerning Multicabs.I am guessing they are shipped here un-assembled and then re-assembled here?If that is correct,would the assembly be with the original parts it had when it was made,or do they put them together with whatever parts are next it line.For instance...one multicab might get the engine from another multicab and then the next one would get a different transmission etc/Or are they marked somehow,so that they get the same engine transmission etc that they came with originally?

Is there a better engine that I should be looking for?Do they come in 6volt and 12volt,or are they all 12volt systems?

Any difference between cat eye versus oblong headlights,or is that just an original option choice?

What is a Scrum?

When a seller says 2011 model,then he means it is not a 2011 manufacture,but that it was first licensed in 2011,right? It could be a 2008 model,but because it was first licensed here in 2011,they just call it a 2011?Is there any way to determine the Multicabs original manufacture date?

Are they reliable?Do they get decent fuel economy?

Any other advice anyone would care to share would be most appreciated.

Thx.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    sorry double post

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I also read that the Suzuki Multicabs don't have fuel injection (maybe the latest model does but not the ordinary type) and that they don't have computer.

Does this mean they use points and condensor?Is it easy to find parts and filters to change oil etc?

From above post:

Ok.Respectfully request advice concerning Multicabs.I am guessing they are shipped here un-assembled and then re-assembled here?If that is correct,would the assembly be with the original parts it had when it was made,or do they put them together with whatever parts are next it line.For instance...one multicab might get the engine from another multicab and then the next one would get a different transmission etc/Or are they marked somehow,so that they get the same engine transmission etc that they came with originally?

Is there a better engine that I should be looking for?Do they come in 6volt and 12volt,or are they all 12volt systems?

Any difference between cat eye versus oblong headlights,or is that just an original option choice?

What is a Scrum?

When a seller says 2011 model,then he means it is not a 2011 manufacture,but that it was first licensed in 2011,right? It could be a 2008 model,but because it was first licensed here in 2011,they just call it a 2011?Is there any way to determine the Multicabs original manufacture date?

Are they reliable?Do they get decent fuel economy?

Any other advice anyone would care to share would be most appreciated.

Thx.

please?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Multicabs are basically put together from whatever worn out surplus parts are available. The body is locally fabricated but engine, transmission and other parts are coupled together from whatever is available. So they may come from 10 or more different broken down units.

As far as I know, they all use carburators, distributor points etc... No fuel injecion and no ecu. They are as basic as you can get. They are pretty much hit or miss. If you are a decent mechanic, you should be able to keep it running with a good tool set. We had one before and it was the worst unit you could probably get. Everything that can fail broke down at one point or another. Good thing parts are cheap. After the engine blew for the 2nd time, I sold it for scrap.

My advise, save yourself the headaches and get something better. I'd buy a 15 year old rusted out smoke belching L300 before I get another multicab! I operate 5 L300s of different vintages (1997 to 2001 models). Used as delivery trucks. The 5 of them combined dont give me as much problems as that one multicab.
    Last edited by userfriendly; March 22nd, 2013 at 05:59 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Thanks for the advice.I was looking for an affordable pickup..and at first blush,the Multi looked like it would fit the bill.But not if I have to continually get my hands dirty fixing the thing.

Did you buy yours from one of the importers?I had the impression that the body and everything was imported from Japan.But,that is why I put the post up.To get some firsthand information.

Thanks for responding.I appreciate it.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Got mine from one of the assemblers. Dont know if they import directly form Japan or not.

Multicab advice recommendations?