New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I'm personally not a fan of diesel...

Pero this is a very interesting development...

At current prices, the Ertiga is cheaper than the Xpander

Xpander Cross A/T - 1,255,000
    Xpander GLS A/T - 1,128,000

Ertiga 1.5 GLX - AT - 998,000
    XL7 GLX - A/T - 1,073,000

so if Suzuki PH decides to release a diesel M/T version ng Ertiga at with a 100K price increase, competitive pa rin pricing nila against the Xpander.
    (M/T - bihira akong makakita ng diesel A/T sa India)

Maruti’s 1.5L Diesel Engine Is Ready To Power Brezza, Ciaz & Ertiga | ICN

The BSVI compliant diesel engine will be first introduced in the Ciaz and the Ertiga. In fact, this powertrain will also power the next generation Vitara Brezza (codenamed YXA). The next-gen Maruti Vitara Brezza is reportedly to be introduced in the third quarter of 2021, before Diwali.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    if suzuki ph will bring in 1.5L diesel ertiga and xl7, they will left xpander, mobilio, brv, rush sales numbers to the dust.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    if suzuki ph will bring in 1.5L diesel ertiga and xl7, they will left xpander, mobilio, brv, rush sales numbers to the dust.
    honda could bring their mobilio/brv diesel too from india as a response though that is if they still have the tooling at the india site and are willing to restart production (or maybe restart the santa rosa plant ?).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    honda could bring their mobilio/brv diesel too from india as a response though that is if they still have the tooling at the india site and are willing to restart production (or maybe restart the santa rosa plant ?).
    Hope in the future HCPI will make their cars again at santa rosa making mobilio/brv idtec diesel.

When this happens i wonder if the toyota avanza and rush will have the diesel engines from the innova 2.8 or fortuner 2.4?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Hope in the future HCPI will make their cars again at santa rosa making mobilio/brv idtec diesel.

When this happens i wonder if the toyota avanza and rush will have the diesel engines from the innova 2.8 or fortuner 2.4?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    They'll probably convert the 1ND 1.4 diesel from the euro yaris to be used in a rwd application instead if they decided to pursue the diesel segment for packaging reasons since they are likely to be similar in footprint as its being used as the diesel counterpart in vehicles where the avanza engine is used in fwd form (corolla/yaris)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Problem of locally manufactured cars is that they're not selling enough cars locally

No sense to export the cars to our neighbors as they drive on the other side, and normally may factory din sila sa Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand

We drive on the same side as Korea and China, I don't think they'll be interested in importing our locally assembled cars.

I don't think the Mobilio (and BR-V) sold 20K units in 2019 and 2020

If we add a diesel variant, do you think they can sell 10K cars/year to support a local factory?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I'm personally not a fan of diesel...

Pero this is a very interesting development...

At current prices, the Ertiga is cheaper than the Xpander

Xpander Cross A/T - 1,255,000
    Xpander GLS A/T - 1,128,000

Ertiga 1.5 GLX - AT - 998,000
    XL7 GLX - A/T - 1,073,000

so if Suzuki PH decides to release a diesel M/T version ng Ertiga at with a 100K price increase, competitive pa rin pricing nila against the Xpander.
    (M/T - bihira akong makakita ng diesel A/T sa India)

Maruti’s 1.5L Diesel Engine Is Ready To Power Brezza, Ciaz & Ertiga | ICN
    at today's fuel prices,
    the diesel-powered version will probably enjoy a brisk initial sales.
    after that, it will depend on the real and perceived advantages and disadvantages of the first buyers.
    ... as long as its prices remain significantly cheaper than the competition...
    Last edited by dr. d; February 4th, 2021 at 12:53 AM.