New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The snorkel is pointed down. While spray can still enter, small raindrops will not hurt your engine.

Ika-nga: You won't drown if you look up unto the rain, but you can drown if you hold your nose underwater.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    advantage of the snorkel head is that it can be rotated kung sobra talaga ulan. yun nga lang the engine will have a harder time sucking air against the forward motion of the car

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    advantage of the snorkel head is that it can be rotated kung sobra talaga ulan. yun nga lang the engine will have a harder time sucking air against the forward motion of the car
    nabasa ko before in an AUS forum that if the head is facing sideways(facing the windshield), it can suck in more air and less dirt and water.

or change the snorkel head to a pre-cleaner style.

Last edited by crazy_boy; September 20th, 2012 at 03:32 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Different style snorkel heads are available from Hyperflow. Around Php1,500 per head I think.

I have both China and original (Safari Snorkel brand) snorkels. The China units seem to be holding up well enough. No problems with both units.

I have no problem driving in the rain even with the ram air facing forward. It has been aerodynamically designed to flow water out via small channels on the rim of the head. The air cleaner assembly itself has a drain and the Jimny sucks air from underneath the air filter then up into the intake manifold. So water draining by gravity won't affect it..

Unlike, for example, the Toyota Avanza whose filter is above the intake manifold. There are even warnings on the engine about accidentally dropping foreign objects into the engine when the filter is not installed. There is no such danger on the Jimny.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    oo nga doc otep i saw a small hole sa aircleaner assembly ng jimny yesterday while cleaning the inside of the box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12