New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I find this vehicle very cool.

But, how is the aftersales of this vehicle? How is the availability of parts? Where is the best place to go for maintenance and repairs? GM?

Is GM Philippines really supporting the Suzuki brand, I went to their website, and there was no mention about the Suzuki product line up.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GM Philippines is one of the dealers of Suzuki vehicles however I believe that the official distributor (correct me if I'm wrong guys) is PHILHINO located along Edsa near Boni Ave. Parts availability is not a problem however Suzuki parts are known to be more expensive as compared to their Mitsubishi, Toyota, and Honda counterparts. If your Suzuki vehicle is still under warranty, then you have not choice but to go to your dealer for your regular PMS. However, kung after warranty na, your suking talyer would do fine or to any regular gas station for your regular oil change, etc. Parts can be easily procurred from Fronte or Links along Banawe or Olympia (where I get all my parts) along Araneta Ave.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hi Zuk owners and Enthusiast,

does anyone here own or have seen or test the new jimny (the little 4x4 w/ 1.3 engine DOHC)? would appreciate if you can share your views about this vehicle. pros? and cons? thanks in advance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    See previous thread:

- Advice on Suzuki Jimny

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Got one in the family. If you're used to 4x4s & are not peeved by small cars, go for it fenderbender! The aluminum 16v engine sounds like a ferrari at high revs. The jimny is a tough, all around, practical ride for MM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my sis owns one..ride is a bit bouncy pero ok na..pinaka con is the space..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by fenderbender
    I find this vehicle very cool.

But, how is the aftersales of this vehicle? How is the availability of parts? Where is the best place to go for maintenance and repairs? GM?

Is GM Philippines really supporting the Suzuki brand, I went to their website, and there was no mention about the Suzuki product line up.
    My girlfriend owns one. I really like the Jimny. High-ground clearance (nadaan ko na to sa malupet na baha), very maneuverable, and most important of all ang tipid sa gas (it's currently doing 11 Km/L). Matagtag lang talaga, so binababaan ko yung tire pressure. It was bought at PhilHino. Okay naman ang service nila, mura pa.

I have a problem though....
    Some asshole broke the left side mirror, as in hindi na steady yung side mirror (para na siyang pinto). May way ba para maayos to (aside from buying the whole assembly)? Feeling ko kasi may naputol lang na lock or pin eh. The tilt function works pa naman;naadjust pa naman yung mirror. Ngayon nga lang, I held it with electrical tape for the meantime. If worse coms to worse, san kaya pwede bumili ng side-mirror nito?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey tifosi!!! my sis has that same exact problem!!!!! samin naman nasabitan ata ng bata habang naglalaro...nabuksan ko na yan assembly...may spring tapos may parang lock na cap..labo ko..but that cap lock thingy is supposed to hold the spring in place para maglock yung side mirror in place..gets ba?? anyways, i tried fixing it pero sobrang tigas ng spring..malabo soiguro surplus na assembly niyan as the jimny is new here..mga 2 years palang..so, casa bagsak...ergggh right now, its held in place by black packaging tape...
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by caloyski5
    hey tifosi!!! my sis has that same exact problem!!!!! samin naman nasabitan ata ng bata habang naglalaro...nabuksan ko na yan assembly...may spring tapos may parang lock na cap..labo ko..but that cap lock thingy is supposed to hold the spring in place para maglock yung side mirror in place..gets ba?? anyways, i tried fixing it pero sobrang tigas ng spring..malabo soiguro surplus na assembly niyan as the jimny is new here..mga 2 years palang..so, casa bagsak...ergggh right now, its held in place by black packaging tape...
    Parehas pala tayo ng naiisip. Natatakot lang ako buksan kasi baka masira ko lalo. Ipapaayos bukas ng erpats ng gf ko sa suking talyer niya, baka sakaling kayanin. I'll just mention to them na may parang cap holding the spring. I'll call PhilHino na ren just to check how much yung assembly, or I'll talk to our contact there, baka magawan ng paraan. Feeling ko nga ren walang surplus parts tong Jimny.

For the meantime, I'll try na ren yang black packaging tape. Teka, san ka pala nakabili ng black packing tape? I used black electrical tape to hold it in place. Kaso I had to change it kasi medyo dumudulas eh.
    Last edited by Tifosi; June 23rd, 2004 at 11:07 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try using duct tape muna as a temporary measure to keep it in place. Mas matibay compared to electrical tape. Check mo sa Handyman or Ace. Daming colors available.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Jimny