1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8O8O8O

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kayankaya ng echo ko iyan!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi kaya sa fort ilocadia yon sand dunes na yan?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi siguro. right hand drived vechicles lahat ng nandun....NSW - new south wales???...loko talaga mga aussies....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Calling all Vitara owners!!

1997 Suzuki Vitara for closed bidding starting at P215k. Company service vehicle, problematic alternator, needs PM.

What do you think should I bid? Is P250k reasonable enough?

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P250k is cheap pero considering na its a company service vehicle and some problems to start with, then you've got a big headache to start with. In my own humble opinion, you may get the car cheap but once you start to see the inherent problems that the car poses, it might just setback your mind as to whether you got a good deal. I'd rather pick one that would have a higher price pero trouble free and maganda pa ang condition.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since vitara naman ang topic...

anong gas consumption ng mga vit nyo??
    (paging wiretap_md and crawdaddy)

wat about parts and maintenance?
    d ba magastos?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thank you wiretap_md!

question again,
    Whats the fair market value for a 1997 Vitara? (If 1st-owned and not a company vehicle)

Any comments, reminders, suggestions, tips for Vitara?

thank you in advance!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wreckless: To start with, medyo malakas mag consume ng gas ang Vitara. I've had that feedback from other Vitara owners as well. Since medyo naka-"tweak" ang engine ko, I expect my consumption to go up a bit too. When it was still in Bacolod, we could get around 220-250 km per P500 fillup using Shell Premium. This is the only gas I use coz I need the higher octane rating due to the advance cam time. This is City driving. Wala naman traffic ang Bacolod. Dito sa Manila, I'm lucky na if I could hit 150km per P500 fillup.
    About parts and maintainance, I just change oil and oil filter every 5000km. We use Castrol GT I think. Wala naman kami trouble sa mga suspension parts, etc. because the supension mods we added can stand up to the abuse.

offroadfanatic: For a 1997 1st owned Vitara, siguro mga P350-400k if in good condition and low mileage.
    My dad bought my Vitara last August 2000 2nd Hand for P420k. It had only 34000km and considering it was a 1994 model! Kahit mahal ng konti, sulat naman kasi mint condition pa ang interior and low mileage

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How to maximize your Vitara? THis is what I recommend:
    1. Upgrade the suspension. Change your front and rear coilsprings and shocks to OLD EMU. Should cost you P38500 for the complete setup now. The ride improvement is shocking!!!

2. Put a slight lift. I placed customized 1-inch steel spacers. Enhances the stance of your Vit.

3. Change the tires and mags if you can. I'm using American Racing Tailgunner steel chrome rims with matching BF Goodrich T/A 235/75

4. Change your plugs and wires. I installed Splitfire wires and platinum plugs. Changing your ignition coil will greatly maximize your plugs and wires. I'm using an MSD coil.

5. You could venture out to tweaking the engine like what my friend did to mine: Advanced the cam timing to a few degrees as well as modifying the cooling system from a belt-driven radiator fan to an electric fan. 1600cc lang ang Vitara so this uburdens signficantly the load on the engine. You could also change the headers and exhaust system to a free-flow type.

Thats all I could think of as of the moment :wink:

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
GEN I Suzuki Vitara 88-up [merged]