New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lovekonadj View Post
    hi vitara owners!

my wife and i are planning to get a 2nd hand vitara. gamitin namin sya mostly city driving, then occasionally for out of town trips..

matagtag po ba ang vitara? or ideal ba siya for family car na mostly city lang gagamitin? preferred kasi namin na medyo mataas. salamat sa reply :D
    depending on what car you're comparing it too. medyo matagtag kasi ladder frame. just maintain the tire pressure at 23psi (factory recommended)

as a family car? depends on how many kids you have and how much stuff you always bring. interior space is a little tight. specially for big people but for average sized adults pwede na. mas maluwag ang gen1 crv and rav4.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    have the same original roof rack. yup in time, the clamps will rip the rubber a bit.

magkano na benta sir? mine i just removed the main rack.
    Sold it for just P900. It had some rust and 2 bolts broke when I removed them so the buyer will shoulder the cost for having the bolts removed by a machine shop. I'm not really a fan of roof racks since I don't carry much luggage and it just adds weight and wind drag to the vehicle. Added drag and weight increases fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi Team Vitara!

Join us this coming November 24, 2012 (saturday) for our 6th Year Anniversary of Club Suzuki Philippines!

meet your 4x4 brothers (offroaders group) on this GEB Anniversary!

details here! -- Log In | Facebook

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Happy New year to all vitara owners.

I'm looking to add to the emergency kit I have on my vitara for off road use. I found this on the internet and I cannot find something similar for sale in the country so I am considering importing it from the UK. These traction tracks seem to be useful in getting out if the vitara gets bogged in mud, would these be useful or just a waste of time? My vitara is stock with AT tires so loosing traction on deep mud is a concern so I am thinking of getting these as a last resort to get it out. I already have a shovel in the kit so these would seem to be a welcome addition. What do you guys think?

Car Van Truck Tyre Grip Snow Mud Sand Rescue Escaper Traction Tracks Mats Pair | eBay

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hi guys! Thinking of getting a Vitara JLX as my second car that will be a daily driven. Just like to check with you guys how's the price of the maintenance parts? underchasis, engine, body parts like doors panels if needed to be replaced, interior parts like weather strips? TIA!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by supremoh View Post
    Hi guys! Thinking of getting a Vitara JLX as my second car that will be a daily driven. Just like to check with you guys how's the price of the maintenance parts? underchasis, engine, body parts like doors panels if needed to be replaced, interior parts like weather strips? TIA!
    The vitara is very reliable and typically once you have the parts that need to be replaced or fixed done, the car will not give you any trouble for years. As a daily driver mine averages around 6-7 kml city driving and around 8-10 kml highway driving since it's an automatic. A manual should be slightly better in fuel consumption.

Parts are about the same price as any other brand, but are a little harder to find if you plan to buy from shops in banawe or evangelista. I typically get straight from the dealer if I can't find any surplus or aftermarket parts in good condition elsewhere. Underchasis parts are almost bullet proof since this is a 4x4. Mine is stock since 1996 and it still doesn't make any noises anywhere in the underchasis. Things to look out for is rust in the running boards since they are prone to it. I had mine fixed and the shop removed the plastic covers on the running boards that caused the rust to develop in the first place. I bought mine with lots of rust in the floorboards, running boards, and wheel wells since it was from an owner who lived near the sea. Spent P24,000 all in all to have all the rust removed and panels patched and painted by a garage that specializes in Suzuki off roaders. If you buy a vitara from someone who doesn't live near the sea or a person who doesn't take it off road, then there shouldn't be as much rust. Just have yours lifted before buying to check the running boards, wheel wells, and floor boards.

Weather strips for the windows cost around P2500 per piece brand new, except for the right rear door strip that I think costs about P4000+ for some reason.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    im planning to buy a suzuki escudo. the seller said his last price is 130k. is the price ok? naka rims na tapos stock ang suspension but wala naman sira sa suspension. manual tranny na po then naka pioneer head unit and subwoofer na rin, converted ang efi niya to carb sabi nya para daw mas matipid sa future expenses compared sa efi and he kept the efi system sa house nya. interior is in tip top shape and original dashboard. is this a good buy?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi guys. Any leads on a reliable source of Vitara parts? My Vitara's brake fluid has been slowly draining. Had it checked and the guy says that I need new "brake valves" but their store wasn't able to source it. I'm not sure if that's even the actual name of the part.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Could anyone possibly refer a shop or store that sells or fabricates ARB-style bumpers and skidplates? I just can't bring myself to shell-out the cash for the real thing. I have a 97 jlx. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Saan kaya makabibili ng mud flaps pra sa first gen vit?

GEN I Suzuki Vitara 88-up [merged]