New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Bought the vitara today. Going to bring it to speedyfix for the Royal Purple treatment.

Thanks impulzz for all the help.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    no problem. congrats on the purchase.

i use motul full syn, sabay mo na other fluids. and add a grounding kit or have the original ground points cleaned.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    san po makakabili ng rubber sa mga door ng vitara jlx? gusto ko ng palitan medyo luma n.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    try olympia in araneta or links in banawe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Good day again vitara bros.

Been using my 2nd hand vitara for a week now and have found all the hidden defects the previous owner didn't want me to find out. Engine and tranny are okay the problem is with the severe rust on the area just below each door. I dont know what the area is called but it is covered by a plastic cover so I pressume water gets in and rots the metal inside. Based on my initial test the area most likely needs to be cut out and replaced by new metal. Parts of the paint show bubbles and most likely need to be scraped of rust and repainted. The previous owner parked the car outside exposed to the rain for years which is probably why there is so much external rust.

Do you guys know of a cheap but reliable body shop that can replace/remove the rusted panels and repaint them as well? I usually take my cars to The Wet Look but the whole process would cost about 60k. Had a rough estimate from Ziebart and it was even more expensive at around 80+k. So Im looking for a relatively cheap body repair and paint shop that does a very good job at making sure the rust is removed and panels welded and painted properly. Anybody know of any in the areas near Makati or Paranaque? If not I am willing to go as far as QC as long as it's a tried and tested shop that does good work.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    think you're referring to the running boards. matrabaho nga gawin yun. but i don't know any body shops i those areas.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    you can have your running boards repaired at filmar along katipunan ave. call them at 439 8759. had mine done there, they have repaired a lot of vit running boards.

another hidden rust prone area is the bottom portion of the rear door, where the rubber strip is attached. pull it out ans see if there is rust...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi guys,

While driving, my temperature gauge suddenly went up and I heard a hissing sound under the hood. When I checked it, there was a leak sa hose which goes into the engine. It seems to serve as passage for water. Radiator was drained too. Check engine light glared up. For a temporary fix, I bought duct tape sa hardware and patched the small hose leak. Was able to get home naman pero the check-engine light is still on.

Well I haven't really replaced the hose yet but would you guys know if there's a problem apart from the punctured hose?

Thanks,
    /Kenn

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hello again,

Been trying to find the website link I saw here before sa tsikot na may complete reference to Vitara JLX parts. Tried to read back on this thread pero di ko na po makita. You might have bookmarked it on your PC's. Pa share naman po. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn.garcia View Post
    Hi guys,

While driving, my temperature gauge suddenly went up and I heard a hissing sound under the hood. When I checked it, there was a leak sa hose which goes into the engine. It seems to serve as passage for water. Radiator was drained too. Check engine light glared up. For a temporary fix, I bought duct tape sa hardware and patched the small hose leak. Was able to get home naman pero the check-engine light is still on.

Well I haven't really replaced the hose yet but would you guys know if there's a problem apart from the punctured hose?

Thanks,
    /Kenn
    hi kenn. radiator hose with holes doesnt mean theres more problem with the engine. it could just mean the hose is already weak or just punctured.

replace your hose as soon as possible. the water in the engine is very important to avoid overheating and doing damage or more damage in the engine.

as for the check engine light. after filling up the radiator with water. try removing the ecu fuse for a minute or more. or remove the batter ground or positive for more than that. then attach again. it should reset the check engine light. but, if it still lights up after. you may have more problems than just missing radiator water. hth.

GEN I Suzuki Vitara 88-up [merged]