New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    well it was past 100km mark when I got my vit. I guess it's okay to have the timing belt changed.

Any ideas on how much the belt would cost? And the labor cost for having the parts replaced thru your friend's shop?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    mga sir im considering buying a vitara... for my daugther.... how much po ba ang vitara ngayon at anong model ang maganda at anong model ang hindi maganda? ano din po ang matipid sa fuel? mahal po ba ang parts ng vitara?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    depending on the unit's condition 94-98 models go for around 170 to 230k. the later units like the vitara plus some advertise for 250k

locally released units are the 5 doors vitara's... escudo's are 3 door unit usually from subic or cebu so these are converted from rhd to lhd

parts are a little expensive but very durable. but only a few shops sell it.

i've had my unit for 3 years now. had a few repairs done to the brakes, suspension, a/c and cooling system. but most the parts replaced were still original.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mga Bros ano bang maganda sa Vitara Or Jimny na lang planning to buy one kasi

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    depends on your use sir.. more on family ba? or rugged roads, 4x4, etc?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    both vitara and jimny are capable off road vehicles.

but the jimny is small compared to the vitara which already tight compared to a gen1 crv

for a starter family car the vitara would be better.
    Last edited by impulzz; May 11th, 2012 at 08:00 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Good day mga sir,

Ask ko lng po saan pwede mg patingin ng aircon. Yung mahusay po sana. Mine is escudo2001 model. Pag hindi tumtakbo (i.e. traffic) humihina yung aircon. Tpos kapag mainit yung panahon wala na talga effect yung aircon eh. Npansin ko lng din, kapag ng power window ako, humhina yung pglbas ng hangin. Help here please. Salamat po!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    for the aircon if you're in QC try Aves along speaker perez. or mang mario somewhere near SM north, he has a thread in tsikot.

as for the electrical load that zaps the power, think you need to upgrade the alternator. try wizzards along tomas morato.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    salamat sir sa advise, pa napaayos ko na po, ma update ako dito sa tsikot for the results. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Good day to all vitara owners here.

I need some advise because Im planning to buy a 1997 vitara automatic transmission. The problem is the transmission is old and will be needing replacement in a few years, how much will it cost to have it converted to manual and how much if I just have it overhauled or replaced?

Please tell me if there is any shop in the makati, ortigas, or qc area that can overhaul an automatic transmission preferably one that specializes in vitaras.

GEN I Suzuki Vitara 88-up [merged]