New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kiangan speed View Post
    +1 papost naman pics ng vitara nyo.

- im a vitara owner from baguio city. i've swapped my 96 honda vtec for this powerful beast, no regrets 101% satisfied owner. i even towed my cousins land cruiser using my vit hehehe malakas talaga sa akyatan kahit naka normal driving ka lang. cheers!
    Wow! Towing a Land Cruiser! hehe! You sure put your Vit into good use!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi guys,

Need help. When my vit is in lower gears, I can hear a significantly audible humming sound. Parang tunog ng propeller na loose or baka fan belt. Happens mostly kapag starting from rest. Tapos kapag naka aircon, at higher speeds, parang biglang may nag s-skip na rotation sa fan.

Any ideas what I might be dealing with?

Thanks,
    /Kenn

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Apparently this was caused by a damaged crankshaft pulley. Was advised by the mechanic that it might cost atleast 3k. Asked someone else and was told the replacement would cost somewhere 4-5k.

Then there's another mechanic who told me that instead of replacing the pulley, I can have it welded instead. Any ideas on what could be the possible repercussions of taking this alternative?

Thanks,
    /Kenn

Quote Originally Posted by kenn.garcia View Post
    Hi guys,

Need help. When my vit is in lower gears, I can hear a significantly audible humming sound. Parang tunog ng propeller na loose or baka fan belt. Happens mostly kapag starting from rest. Tapos kapag naka aircon, at higher speeds, parang biglang may nag s-skip na rotation sa fan.

Any ideas what I might be dealing with?

Thanks,
    /Kenn

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    if they didn't center it properly and welded it together. it will cause vibrations and damage more engine parts. have you called olympia or links how much it will cost?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    if they didn't center it properly and welded it together. it will cause vibrations and damage more engine parts. have you called olympia or links how much it will cost?
    Haven't called them up yet sir impulzz. But will do. The mechanic who advised me to do that said I can have it done by a machine shop to lessen chances of having it done the wrong way. Would you advise instead that I go the part replacement route instead of the cheaper solution?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i have spent a little for the original part for my Vit and since i plan on keeping my vit i say yes replace it.

the rubber absorbs the vibration when the outer ring is pulled in different directions by the fan belts. so the inner ring will be centered and feel less of the vibration.

if you can source a surplus pulley and it lasts for a few years then good.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Copy sir. Thanks for the advice. By any chance, would you happen to know of reliable surplus shops that cater to Vit parts?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sorry kenn, but wala.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    sorry kenn, but wala.
    Ok lang po sir. Nag check na po ako ng prices:

Olympia - 3.5k in stock
    LINKS - 5.5k order basis
    Labor (Customer's Cradle) - 1.2K for replacing the pulley.

Sensible po ba na palitan ko na rin yung timing belt? Parang i've read somewhere na kailangan din tanggalin yung crankshaft pulley kapag magpapalit ng timing belt. If so, baka meron pa po kayong alam na magandang isabay na rin sa repair.

TIA!

/Kenn

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    timing belt replacement is suggested at 100,000 kms. but i change mine at around 75k when the water pump was replaced

yes they are going to remove the crank shaft pulley too when replacing the timing belt so might as well have them check it. along the tensioner pulley and cam shaft oil seal

if you're gonna get your parts from olympia, i think they have a mechanic there. but if not, my friend's shop is at the corner of araneta and bayani st.

GEN I Suzuki Vitara 88-up [merged]