New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ask ko lang if may nakagamit na sa inyo ng alumaseal radiator stop leak or quaker city radiator stop leak or any stop leak product? may leak yung rear plate ng cylinder block ko eh in between the engine block and transmission. it's a plate that separates coolant from the engine block to the transmission system. (ito yung initial diagnosis nung mechanic kanina pagsilip nya sa baba ng engine block, may leak ng coolant sa dulo ng oil pan gasket, between the engine and transmission.) option ko is to drop down the transmission to have that plate replaced, or use this stop leak product? ganon ka-complicated yung procedure ba talaga? any insights? magkakaproblem ba transmission ko non pag binaba? automatic yung akin eh sayang naman kasi ang ganda pa ng transmission ko now.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mga ka-Vits,

Tulong naman, my problem vits 95/MT ko. Pag on ko ng AC ko nag rev up ang RPM nya pero di ko narinig na nag engage o nag click sound sa compressor, di rin sya lumalamig. Ano kaya problem nito?

Thanks,
    Wallyski

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Try opening your hood, have someone turn on your aircon, and check if your compressor clutch is engaged. Kung wala, malamang yung aircon thermostat switch mo needs servicing. Meaning di umaandar ang compressor mo

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Try opening your hood, have someone turn on your aircon, and check if your compressor clutch is engaged. Kung wala, malamang yung aircon thermostat switch mo needs servicing. Meaning di umaandar ang compressor mo
    Sir,

san ba malapit ang thermostat switch ng vitara? ito ba ung nasa ilalim ng compressor na nakakabit sa engine?
    thnxs

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    after 3 weeks of observing and praying that the coolant leak of my vit '96 would stop, unfortunately it didn't. everyday i lost around 50 to 100ml of coolant/distilled water mix. my leaks only came around 5 to 10 minutes after i turned the engine off. you could see the leak around the oil pan gasket between the engine block and transmission. you could see this when you crawl below your engine bay. i also see leaks at the engine block below the intake manifold but it's so hard to see because everything is cramped there. i'm not sure if this is the source of the leak around my oil pan gasket.

then this morning i noticed that the water plug at the back of my engine block got loose and coolant dripped more (apparently the previous owner of my vit had the heater bypassed already by putting a water plug on the hose/pipe connected to heater core). i took out the water plug and all my coolant is now almost gone.

so i thought to myself, should i have the transmission and intake manifold of my vit dropped to replace the leaking gaskets and metal plates?

i chose the fastest and least intrusive solution, i put in half a bottle of prestone super radiator stop leak. this stuff looks like vomit in a bottle hehe.

i replaced my water plug with a blue silicon water plug. i also placed a water plug on the previously exposed heater pipe on the engine firewall. i used the screw-adjustable stainless steel loop rings to tighten them and applied high temp rtv on the insides of the plugs. the old clamps are no no longer clamping hehe

i followed the instructions on the back of the prestone stop leak bottle by the letter and topped up my coolant.
    i even drove around for 20mins after just to have everything circulate in my coolant system.

so far so good, no more leaks.

i read around the net alot for this product and it gives mixed reviews. some people are so opposed to putting stop leaks in their radiators while others are so impressed at how good and how long these products work. others claim that their engines with these products have not leaked since the '90s.
    here's what i used on the bottom of the list and i bought mine in blade for around 200pesos:
    http://www.prestone.com/products/coo...Treatments.php
    (ang sikat sa US yung Bar's leaks na parang pellets na black and yung Alumaseal na parang sand; i have the alumaseal narin just incase)
    i'm keeping my fingers crossed that this product will do nothing bad to my engine and that it will continue to stop it from leaking.
    i'll keep you guys posted.

sorry sa sobrang haba, ang tagal ko na talagang pinagiisipan kasi itong coolant leak ng vit ko hehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi to all,

Quick question lang po. Is there a specific type or brand of transmission fluid that I need to use for a 1994 Vitara?

TIA!

/Kenn

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn.garcia View Post
    Hi to all,

Quick question lang po. Is there a specific type or brand of transmission fluid that I need to use for a 1994 Vitara?

TIA!

/Kenn

Dexron III ATF po. any preferred brand will do. as i remember, my friend also cleaned the internal filter when they changed the ATF on my vitara.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sir impulz, where did you have your atf changed and how much did it cost?

thanks

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinix View Post
    sir impulz, where did you have your atf changed and how much did it cost?

thanks

Stage 1 motorworks, think labor was around 1200(includes pull down A/T oilpan to clean the internal filter)

as for the ATF for got how much.

you can call them 4168222, they're at bayani at the back of BBPD araneta

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for the info sir Impulzz. Tagal ko na din hindi naka visit dito.

Anyway, went to ACE H'ware and bought a bottle of ATF Dexron III. Next project ko po sa Vit ko ay tune-up and change oil. May mga nag-aadvice po na bumili na lang ako ng parts and oils tapos dalhin ko na lang si Don Vito (name of my Vit) sa Gas Station Service bay para makamura.

Ang alam ko po na kailangan bilhin would be the ff:

1. Engine oil (what brand and specs?)
    2. Oil filter (pwede na po ba yung VIC brand?)
    3. Fuel filter
    4. Air filter (cost efficient po ba K&N filters over the other brands)
    5. Transmission Oil (same po ba to sa ATF?)

Is there a big difference po ba sa costs between buying the items myself and getting them from the gas station service bay?

Kasama na din po ba yung pag ayos ng engine timing sa tune up? Yung iba daw po gumagamit ng digital device to do this pero yung iba inoorasan lang tapos tinatapatan ng flashlight and minamarkahan yung belts? I assume mas ok yung may digital tracker?

What other things do I need to know about tune ups?

GEN I Suzuki Vitara 88-up [merged]