New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    been reading this post meron pala for vitara. mine was a vitara jlx manual, bought august 2004 at philhino. Luckily para pa din bago, no dimple or scratches sa paint. 50tkms. odometer reading.
    As of now wala pa naman ako major problems, napakatibay. i presume mine was one of the last batch release by suzuki phils..
    pinag iisipan ko nga benta, kaya lang sayang wala na kasi sa market. someday baka maging classic.
    Yun bumpy ride tolerable naman po, expected since it was built for off road. aircon is fine. What i change was stereo and speakers, pangit talaga ang stereo and speakers nya.
    been planning to put it on ads sa tsikot try ko lang kung may bibili, hehehehe!!!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by max-o View Post
    a vitara second coming,left for dead last year,coz the owner my brodnlaw got a new car.it has as cracked head and block.we just left it at the garage for almost a year when last october we were able to buy a surplus escudo engine in one of the suplus dealer here in cebu.the price 20th,but after a few tawad we got it for 13th. kasama na ang broken camshaft at yung holes nya sa head labasan ng oil ay na buni na rin,pero as to the other parts ok pa, btw japan galing ang engine 1.6 li. 16v sohc same as the orig engine.so as we take the risk,i brought the defective part to a reputable machine shop here and see if what they can do,the guy told me they could fix it for 5th.so to make a long story short after a trial and error engine rebuilding with my one and only mechanic(i`m the assistant) in our backyard so here it is finally resurrecting,we test drive the vitara last dec.12 and until now it runs not exactly 100% but it already has travelled about 600kms.

so the surplus engine you bought at 13K is non-working ?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My '96 JLX M/T is still in good running condition and I'm the first owner. Over the last 12 years and 130,000 kms later (mostly city driving), it had undergone the following (aside from the usual tire replacements and the manufacturer's suggested regular preventive maintenance routine that I follow):

2 clutch overhauls
    2 changes of clutch cable
    1 temperature sender replacement
    1 water pump replacement
    1 fuel pump and filter replacement
    1 speedometer cable replacement
    1 signal light assembly replacement
    1 cutch master assembly replacement
    replacement of radiator head (original plastic cracked, replaced with brass)
    1 change of aircon compressor and evaporator (with Densu surplus)
    1 auxillary fan replacement

Would anyone out there consider the above works unusual? The engine, suspension and electrical system have never given me any problems.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hello pervagus,

so far what i had fixed in my vitara:

1. refilled front shocks by zee, replaced rears with KYB gas then lifter it 1" with rubber doughnuts
    2. replaced waterpump last month, sinabay ko na din timing belt and bearings, and all the belts
    3. valve cover gasket
    4. repair kit lang sa brake master, also had the lines bled para bago lahat ng fluid
    5. tomorrow i'll have the cracked radiator top replaced with plastic pa din, denso din daw, 3300 including labor

to follow:

1. aircon, medyo maingay compressor and hilaw na lamig,
    2. yung ATF thinking of changing to Synthetic
    3. speedo cable din, the speedometer needle bounces when running below 40kph

so far yan pa lang mga napapaayos ko and the unit i got only had 62,+++ kms. on the odo when i got it from the first owner.

think the vitara's are japan CBU and are really built to go off-roading kaya matitibay.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I have a 2002 Vitara Plus JLX AT. Does anyone know if I can use Petron E10 fuel without any modifications?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    was thinking of using e10 too but reading a few threads on E10 and majority noticed, poor engine response and poor milage. so the 2 peso discount doesn't really make up for the lost kms/L.

what milage do you get? i have a 96 model(2nd hand) A/T. before i was getting 5.8 kms/L

tried both 95 and 93 octane same result 5.8 kms.

so i got a tune-up and added a grounding kit. it went up to 6.8 kms/L. city driving with aircon.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I have not actually calculated it. It's my son who uses it, and he drives with a heavy foot. Not my problem, really, since he pays for his gas, but I would like to help. What is a grounding kit and where can I get it?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bencel View Post
    been reading this post meron pala for vitara. mine was a vitara jlx manual, bought august 2004 at philhino. Luckily para pa din bago, no dimple or scratches sa paint. 50tkms. odometer reading.
    As of now wala pa naman ako major problems, napakatibay. i presume mine was one of the last batch release by suzuki phils..
    pinag iisipan ko nga benta, kaya lang sayang wala na kasi sa market. someday baka maging classic.
    Yun bumpy ride tolerable naman po, expected since it was built for off road. aircon is fine. What i change was stereo and speakers, pangit talaga ang stereo and speakers nya.
    been planning to put it on ads sa tsikot try ko lang kung may bibili, hehehehe!!!
    magkano?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by minicoopal View Post
    What is a grounding kit and where can I get it?
    It's an additional wire from the Negative terminal of the battery, tapped to the following points
    1. main body
    2. engine block
    3. distributor body
    4. intake manifold
    5. cylinder head
    6. alternator body
    7. auto tranny

just follow the pictures posted by Archie in here >>> http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=37086&page=3

its to help the electrical system of older vehicles

for me it really helped

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    With regads to parts (especially A/C upgrade); san ba ang best shop to go para mapa-lakas ang A/C ng Vitara. I'll be buying a '99 model kasi and A/C, engine power, and suspension is definitely what I am gonna be considering.

GEN I Suzuki Vitara 88-up [merged]