New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Maybe if I own a CVT equipped vehicle, I'll probably have the fluid replace annually regardless of what the manufacturer recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I've gathered, every 20K is best. Someone clocked more than 100K with no problem. NS3 is expensive though and the CVTF spout (or tube) is hard to reach. What happens is that the filter gets clogged with sediments and whatnot then it starves the transmission because the fluid can't pass through to lubricate and cool the components.

Also, you need to level the CVTF while it's in operating temp. So with the engine running, you need to lift the car and remove the plug bolt (or something like that) to make sure it's not overfilled or underfilled.

Complicated so I just got rid of it. The 1.8 would've been great in manual though.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I told myself I will keep the FXT unless I find myself buying a faster, quicker, and more capable crossover. The ASX will sure to go.

Santa Fe or Palisade? That 2.2 is a beast.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Santa Fe or Palisade? That 2.2 is a beast.
    Oh really? That 2.2L CRDI engine is only rated at 200hp. The FXT is a much quicker beast compared to the Santa Fe.

Maybe as quick and fast as EQ’s Audi Q5 before or something with more than 300hp. Hehehe

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Oh really? That 2.2L CRDI engine is only rated at 200hp. The FXT is a much quicker beast compared to the Santa Fe.

Maybe as quick and fast as EQ’s Audi Q5 before or something with more than 300hp. Hehehe

Benta mo sakin FXT mo pag dispose mo na. ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission

The FXT is still the best all-rounder car for any Philippine road outside of a racetrack.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I told myself I will keep the FXT unless I find myself buying a faster, quicker, and more capable crossover. The ASX will sure to go.

If I had an 1 I'd wanna keep long term? I definitely will grab this spare CVT assembly...

And keep looking for other good hobo salvage spares of wear items....Fun boredom therapy, bai.ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Like a Macan Turbo with 440Ps and 600Nm?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    If I had an 1 I'd wanna keep long term? I definitely will grab this spare CVT assembly...

And keep looking for other good hobo salvage spares of wear items....Fun boredom therapy, bai.ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission

The tuning might be different as that is for the USDM Fozzie with the 2.5L NA engine. I guess the one used on the Outback 3.6L would be more compatible due to the torque output.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Benta mo sakin FXT mo pag dispose mo na. ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission

The FXT is still the best all-rounder car for any Philippine road outside of a racetrack.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Jut, kayang-kaya mo na bumili ng mas capable crossover in a few years time. If you want to buy one now, hanap tayo used sa SFX community or buy ka new old stock with 350k discount.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Like a Macan Turbo with 440Ps and 600Nm?
    If money will not be an issue later on, why not, Di ba?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    The tuning might be different as that is for the USDM Fozzie with the 2.5L NA engine. I guess the one used on the Outback 3.6L would be more compatible due to the torque output.

You can always extract & cross check part numbers, bai. Haven't dug into the Turbo & Outback CVT PNs...but, that's not difficult.ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission