Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    strangely,
    both of them!
    Hehe...now seriously, where is Sirius?ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The bill in my Sylphy 1.8V's JATCO CVT7 was around 200K+ (warranty). It was 49K Kms at the time (complete failure). After 4000 kms, it started jerking and juddering again (early symptoms of CVT failure).

I probably will not buy another CVT for the next 10 or 15yrs. If the choice is between a CVT and a Manual, I'd happily get a manual. Unfortunately in our market, MTs are only available in lowest trims and it's mostly barebones - bare.

I hope we Filipinos can shop cars like Americans, online, with checklist options of accessories and equipment.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The bill in my Sylphy 1.8V's JATCO CVT7 was around 200K+ (warranty). It was 49K Kms at the time (complete failure). After 4000 kms, it started jerking and juddering again (early symptoms of CVT failure).

I probably will not buy another CVT for the next 10 or 15yrs. If the choice is between a CVT and a Manual, I'd happily get a manual. Unfortunately in our market, MTs are only available in lowest trims and it's mostly barebones - bare.

I hope we Filipinos can shop cars like Americans, online, with checklist options of accessories and equipment.
    That is disappointing to hear after your cvt replacement under warranty.

I will continue to observe mine which is a 1.6l unit and cross my fingers it doesn't fail.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014

I guess cvt7 is for low power use lang talaga.
    Did you drove yours hard?

Sucks that the replacement is looking like a dud.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    That is disappointing to hear after your cvt replacement under warranty.

I will continue to observe mine which is a 1.6l unit and cross my fingers it doesn't fail.
    It's just a matter of time. The CVT7 is a bad design. It overheats and destroys itself. Ganda sana ng xtronic planetary gear nya pero wala e. Bago siguro. I'm not sure about the CVT8 in the Altima though.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    I guess cvt7 is for low power use lang talaga.
    Did you drove yours hard?

Sucks that the replacement is looking like a dud.

Not really. With the traffic and all, there's really no chance. Pag madaling araw lang like quick airport runs but that's sustained 100+ kmh. hindi stop and go. Like Pasay from NLEX edsa in 15minutes, at around 3am.

Sa expressway, ang tipid nya, umaabot ng mga 28km/L sa MID (although even with the expected error margin, that's pretty good). sa city driving, it's just like any other AT, 6-7kms/L.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Not really. With the traffic and all, there's really no chance. Pag madaling araw lang like quick airport runs but that's sustained 100+ kmh. hindi stop and go. Like Pasay from NLEX edsa in 15minutes, at around 3am.

Sa expressway, ang tipid nya, umaabot ng mga 28km/L sa MID (although even with the expected error margin, that's pretty good). sa city driving, it's just like any other AT, 6-7kms/L.
    The car is definitely a keeper. ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission
    For city driving, the 6-7kpl is already good given the displacent. Yun nga lang,yourgas savings pala is for the maintenanace/replacement down the line.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    The car is definitely a keeper. ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission
    For city driving, the 6-7kpl is already good given the displacent. Yun nga lang,yourgas savings pala is for the maintenanace/replacement down the line.

A keeper, yes....good til warranty lasts. A bud & I were eyeing the gen3 Jazz before it came out. Upon learning it switched back to CVT, we had to run away.ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Hinde kaya lemon sayo? Ano balita sa other Sylphys? Ganun din nangyari?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hinde kaya lemon sayo? Ano balita sa other Sylphys? Ganun din nangyari?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I told NPI. In other countries, US, SG, Malaysia, ganun din e. Mas maganda pa mga spec nung iba kasi 4-pipes ung cooling lines. 2-pipes lang yung config sa local model which is really detrimental because mainit talaga dito.