New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The bill in my Sylphy 1.8V's JATCO CVT7 was around 200K+ (warranty). It was 49K Kms at the time (complete failure). After 4000 kms, it started jerking and juddering again (early symptoms of CVT failure).

I probably will not buy another CVT for the next 10 or 15yrs. If the choice is between a CVT and a Manual, I'd happily get a manual. Unfortunately in our market, MTs are only available in lowest trims and it's mostly barebones - bare.

I hope we Filipinos can shop cars like Americans, online, with checklist options of accessories and equipment.
    Hi horsepower, just a question.

I know when your 1.8cvt originally failed it stayed at nissan ne for a long time (i think that was you).

After you got it with the new cvt, did you need to change your battery in between getting it and shuddering after just 4000kms on the new transmission?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Hi horsepower, just a question.

I know when your 1.8cvt originally failed it stayed at nissan ne for a long time (i think that was you).

After you got it with the new cvt, did you need to change your battery in between getting it and shuddering after just 4000kms on the new transmission?
    I don't remember getting a new battery Q4 2018 (got the car with new CVT last week of Oct, after staying at NNE for more than one month), it began juddering around Jan-Feb. That's when I decided, I needed to get rid of the $hitbox. I actually wanted to keep the car because I like it, I even asked NNE and NPI if they could just shoe in a manual-6 and I'll be happy. But they said that it's not possible.

I know you like your sylphy, but anything with that Jatco CVT7 is a ticking timebomb. BTW, one of the most telling symptoms is the lethargic acceleration. The need to turn on the sport mode before it gets "moving".

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    I don't remember getting a new battery Q4 2018 (got the car with new CVT last week of Oct, after staying at NNE for more than one month), it began juddering around Jan-Feb. That's when I decided, I needed to get rid of the $hitbox. I actually wanted to keep the car because I like it, I even asked NNE and NPI if they could just shoe in a manual-6 and I'll be happy. But they said that it's not possible.

I know you like your sylphy, but anything with that Jatco CVT7 is a ticking timebomb. BTW, one of the most telling symptoms is the lethargic acceleration. The need to turn on the sport mode before it gets "moving".
    Thanks for the update and reply.

I'll keep that in mind about the acceleration. So far, haven't encountered it.

It also worries me so i was wondering what other signs/symptoms presented other than just failing and not shifting and shuddering a lot.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    the jatco "slipper"

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031