New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    My advise is do a AtF dialysis first before replacing the CVT. Baka mafix.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Try muna nga dialysis. Please make sure to use the correct specifications of CVTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Try muna nga dialysis. Please make sure to use the correct specifications of CVTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A prayer. It's vital to have the dialysis equipment to be totally free of whatever fluid it has from the previous unit/s it serviced. I wonder how much such would set the OP back. Proper CVTF alone won't be hobo...If it'll be a significant sum, it maybe wiser to just spend on the swap + mind peace. The symptoms indicate damage that may have been too far gone. IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Nice. We have a newbie snowflake who cant handle the truth. Naghahanap pala ng kakampi.

Sa tagal na natin sa board na ito, i dare say, ang mga tsikot at kotse.com oldies have had our fair share of mishaps, botched repairs and budget meal fails. Kaya if you are a newbie, listen and listen good. Matagal na kami dito. Alam namin sinasabi namin. Hindi mamaru. Marami marunong dito out of experience.

Still, i hope your insurance can cover, otherwise, id keep my 13th month pay to help pay for the repairs. And next time, try to atleast read the owner's manual and get to know your car a bit.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    A prayer. It's vital to have the dialysis equipment to be totally free of whatever fluid it has from the previous unit/s it serviced. I wonder how much such would set the OP back. Proper CVTF alone won't be hobo...If it'll be a significant sum, it maybe wiser to just spend on the swap + mind peace. The symptoms indicate damage that may have been too far gone. IMHO.

you know what grinds my gears... is a dry belt for 500m.

he should've informed his insurance the moment it happened.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    True. Killer yan pag natuyuan.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Too many people who know nothing about cars ... and don't know how to drive properly ... basic common sense ... you hit something hard while driving ... you stop ... check for leaks ... call a tow truck ... call the insurance ... check the manual ...

Instead, you drive some distance not knowing what's wrong or what's leaking ... then find someone to blame for your ignorance ... then go online to get sympathy and support (maybe your social media "friends" are not giving enough?) ... best to start reading and learning a little about about how vehicles work instead of spending time on social media ...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Santos View Post
    As I've mention earlier, Nakabangga ako ng bato kumbaga hindi ko din naman ginusto ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission . Wala naman din akong choice that time kundi magpunta sa pinaka malapit na pwedeng tumulong (which is Shell). Sabi ko nga wala din ako masyadong alam sa sasakyan. Akala ko nga baka aircon ang tumutulo, kaya ko din pinacheck sa kanila para malaman ko. Sobrang unfortunate lang din talaga ng nangyare na naging ganito yung result ng ignorance nila sa trabaho nila. Sila yung mekanino at may head mechanic na nagtingin din. Sana kung hindi pala sila sure, hindi na lang nila tinanggap. ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission Hindi naman din siguro valid reason ang ignorance sa ganyang scenario kasi that's their duty and protocol to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    bottomline, your powertrain is shot. i do not know how to tell it painlessly to you.

our owner's manual says "casa". in our mis-judgement, we did not.
    normally, i would have interpreted this manufacturer's advice as self-serving. but in your case, it was for a very good reason, that only now are we seeing. something new that i learned from your experience.

...going after the gas station mechanics?
    that would be... difficult, and expensive. probably more expensive and much more time-consuming than shouldering the cost of repair yourself.
    i can see it now... "...sinira nyo kotse ko! hindi kayo suzuki-versed mechanic!"
    and they will answer, "malinaw naman na hindi, ah. wala kaming suzuki shingle sa puwesto. at malay natin... nag-umpisang masira yang cvt ninyo nung pinilit ninyong manehohin nang kalahating kilometro ang sasakyan nang walang transmission fluid."
    i am not a lawyer, but from what i see... both parties appeared to have been acting in good faith. mis-educated, but in good faith. personally, i wouldn't sue anyone who tried to help me, even if it turned out to be for the worse.

and i am puzzled,
    why would the engine get involved, in what appears to be a transmission issue?

but i am curious.
    where did all this happen?
    the impression you seem to be communicating, is that "you had no choice"...
    Last edited by dr. d; December 2nd, 2019 at 11:36 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    if you feel na may habol ka, just sue them.

na bash ka pa tuloy...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    if you feel na may habol ka, just sue them.

na bash ka pa tuloy...
    Sought advice opposing his expectations shouldn't be deemed such. Mistakes have always been the most effective teachers....And usually, the lesson most valuable we refuse to see & take is...humility to accept them as our very own.ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission
    Hope the OP doesn't dwell on forum-trauma. The guys here are well-meaning & do wish him, his car a good bounce back.ATF fluid used in CVT Transmission

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    File a small claim petition if you plan on going to court. Best have receipts and casa documentation on the findings attached.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast