New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Funtabulous.. Congratulations on your new APV and welcome to the club.

Fellow APV owners, tanong lang ako kung nag change oil ba kayo after 1k mileage? Thanks.

Busy lang din kasi ako pag saturday kaya di makapunta sa EB lagi. Pag napaluwag sama ako diyan! hehe..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    *mulder hindi ako nag change oil. sa 5K tayo change oil bro. pero check mo rin once in a while oil mo.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redwave125 View Post
    *mulder hindi ako nag change oil. sa 5K tayo change oil bro. pero check mo rin once in a while oil mo.
    Thanks for the info. Just making sure kasi nabasa ko din dito na pag bago after 1k or break in nagpapa change oil na e para daw mas maganda performance ng engine.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    nope bro. tama sila, change oil at 5k or first 6 months. just wondering if we do have something to pay for while the check-up is being done....

alright guys, we have another EB coming up!
    where: pioneer center, mandaluyong city
    when: april 21, 2007
    time: 3pm-5pm
    agenda:

1. sticker/logo creation/editing/suggestion applicable to all suzuki rides.
    2. photoshoot - provided there are multiple makes (apv, swift, esteem, etc, aside from super carry and scrum)
    3. cover website for club carry design.

guys, we need your cooperation for the club to work...

thanks guys. please lang, itayo natin ang bandila ng suzuki dito sa pilipinas! (hehehe)

interested? log in to www.clubcarryph.tk.

sana madami tayo para makapag-photoshoot na tayo...di pa nga tayo nagkikita eh...sayang naman ang eb kung wala kayo diba guys? hehehe!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi ! I'm supposed to get my first car next month and I really want an APV, however I'm facing stiff opposition at home as they beleive that it would be better to get an Avanza because of its proximity in featuires and better fuel efficiency.While, it's my hard earned money and all I do value the input of my family. Do you have any ideas how I can convince them to go for the APV instead of the Avanza, I'm aware of the price poiunt comparison but the fuel efficiency issue, and cheap parts and future resale value just seem hard to ignore. Help me please.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithblade View Post
    Hi ! I'm supposed to get my first car next month and I really want an APV, however I'm facing stiff opposition at home as they beleive that it would be better to get an Avanza because of its proximity in featuires and better fuel efficiency.While, it's my hard earned money and all I do value the input of my family. Do you have any ideas how I can convince them to go for the APV instead of the Avanza, I'm aware of the price poiunt comparison but the fuel efficiency issue, and cheap parts and future resale value just seem hard to ignore. Help me please.
    i don't think you need to convince them to go for the apv since you are the one buying the vehicle and not them so i guess this issue should not be relevant to your decision on what car to buy. but if you really want to convince them, you should highlight the advantages of the apv over the avanza such as:

1. it can comfortably seat 8 people since it has the most generous 3rd row seats in its class. the 3rd row seats of the avanza are just too small for an adult.
    2. it has a bigger engine than the avanza so acceleration should be a little faster.
    3. suzuki spare parts prices and toyota spare parts prices are relatively the same if not a little more expensive.
    4. the apv has a 20000kms/2yrs (whichever comes first) free maintenance offer

as for the resale value, this only comes into play if you intend to sell your vehicle afterwards. if you don't intend to sell it, you shouldn't be thinking about it in the first place. hope this helps

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi Wraithblade,

My husband and I just got our apv mar31. we got the same kind of discouragement from everyone the moment we told them (our friends/ relatives) that we were interested in the apv. Grabe! but its really the space and the comfort we wanted. The avanza is just too small. we didn't even look at the specs and what have yous - masyadong maliit. there are 5 of us (my husband and i and 3 kids ages 18 12 and 9) then inlaws pa - mom dad and brother inlaw. and we all fit comfortably. the fuel efficiency was really a stumbling block in deciding to get the car - but somebody from the group mentioned something like - it really depends on what your priorities are.... what is your priority ba? my priority is to bring my family around the city, and out of town trips during weekends. we take the mrt kasi during weekdays - super mahal ang parking sa makati eh, and traffic. ang importante sa amin is the friday night till sunday. hehehe.

ikaw? are you single? do you have kids? when you travel, will you be bringing everyone around?

i dont know much about cars.. all i can give as input is my experience so far:

about the parts naman, naku my boss has a toyota camry, and 4 months na siyang nag aantay ng certain part for his car. that's toyota. so the parts.... maraming parts talaga ng lumang toyota, but for the new cars... i think lahat ng brands parepareho na sa supply ng parts.

my friends with innova... they kept bugging me about the maintenance, ang mahal daw, there's the 1k, then 2 yata then 5 then...... but with our apv, sabi where i got my apv, and i read also sa coupons, free ang labor, parts and consummables. until 20k check. then sa innova, my friends already had their spare tires stolen. puro bago pa naman. daling nakawin eh. kahit anong gawin nila. but with the apv, the spare tire can't be see - i don't know how to explain it cause i'm not a car techie but ang alam ko eh, 3 friends of mine with innova had their spare tires stolen na. within 6 months of purchase ah.

maganda din sound system ng apv. if you dont have the extra money to have your sound system upgraded... ok na ang sa apv. my kids love it. nabibingi na nga ako sa rock eh.

malamig ang aircon. i had the medium magic 3m in front and sa sides is the super dark magic also. naku kahit mainit, ang lamig sa loob.

and i guess magaling din sales agent who handled our account. maganda servicing niya. sa toyota, when we went there.. ay you're just one among many. we got our apv at commonwealth.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the input Ms Fantabulous5 and Mr weremanok. The stories about the lack of supplies will come in handy. Yes I'm sigle but I like going on trips with friends and family. I spoke to an agent this afternoon it seems they can give me the package of Ms. Fantabulous5. pero I'll probably just go for a manual unit may 20K na discount pero. kasi mas mura plus fuel consumption is better daw. The agent said FC for manual is at 12-14KM/ln Is this true or is it a ploy?

if this was true then I won't have any problems na.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithblade View Post
    Thanks for the input Ms Fantabulous5 and Mr weremanok. The stories about the lack of supplies will come in handy. Yes I'm sigle but I like going on trips with friends and family. I spoke to an agent this afternoon it seems they can give me the package of Ms. Fantabulous5. pero I'll probably just go for a manual unit may 20K na discount pero. kasi mas mura plus fuel consumption is better daw. The agent said FC for manual is at 12-14KM/ln Is this true or is it a ploy?

if this was true then I won't have any problems na.
    in the highway that is possible but in the city, maybe around 8 - 10 km/l. personally, i prefer the a/t model because of the dual aircon

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ako rin pero I have a remedy for that na. I can order a 2nd aircon unit may additional na ata na 30k. So ang labas 647k. pasok na yung 20k discount.

Malyo kasi ang fuel consumption ng manual at automatic.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
APV Club anyone?