New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hey guys! Just got my new APV today. color white. Got it at suzuki shaw. They delivered it to me cause I can't go there to get it. Finally after the long wait Im now driving my new APV. Now M a proud owner!
    Napansin ko na matagtag idrive ito and wla pala control for gas door kailangan isusi. I would like to break it in kahit sa baguio sana kung iaannounce ni pandak(PGMA) na holiday sa Jan 2.
    More power to APV owners!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    Hey guys! Just got my new APV today. color white. Got it at suzuki shaw. They delivered it to me cause I can't go there to get it. Finally after the long wait Im now driving my new APV. Now M a proud owner!
    Napansin ko na matagtag idrive ito and wla pala control for gas door kailangan isusi. I would like to break it in kahit sa baguio sana kung iaannounce ni pandak(PGMA) na holiday sa Jan 2.
    More power to APV owners!

Congrats on your nice and shiny APV!
    Babaan mo na lang tire pressure (I'm running on 28psi), mas gaganda talbog.

Post some pix naman dyan

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j-six View Post
    macky, sama ka sa club namin ah! also with you guys. sana may makasama akong may apv. :D

www.clubcarryph.tk
    J-six, di pa rin talaga ako maka log in, ayaw lumitaw yung code...hmm... ba't kaya?
    Is it possible if you log in for me?

Yan talaga gusto namin kunin, yang suzuki supper carry (bravo na ata ngayon ang tawag?), kaya lang medyo nagka budget kaya napunta sa APV . Pero next year we might consider getting a suer carry tapos papa-kulayan namin ng maganda with graphics .

Anyway, pls do let us know thru this thread if you'll gonna have a club meet so some of us might sneek in .
    Last edited by thebat; December 30th, 2006 at 08:53 AM. Reason: mispelled words

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    J-six, di pa rin talaga ako maka log in, ayaw lumitaw yung code...hmm... ba't kaya?
    Is it possible if you log in for me?

Yan talaga gusto namin kunin, yang suzuki supper carry (bravo na ata ngayon ang tawag?), kaya lang medyo nagka budget kaya napunta sa APV . Pero next year we might consider getting a suer carry tapos papa-kulayan namin ng maganda with graphics .

Anyway, pls do let us know thru this thread if you'll gonna have a club meet so some of us might sneek in .
    sure bro mack...ganito, email mo ko sa cjjayson666*yahoo.com para maregister kita, and to all you guys na gustong makapasok sa clubcarry. sorry talaga ah kung wala akong magawang paraan to put off the code...

with regard to your query sa super carry/aka bravo or multicab, yup sure thing yan...they all say that the super carry (gen1) was better than the gen2 (apv) in terms of gas tipid, mini looks, and nice engine sound.

if you guys want to have updates sa clubcarry just email me for more details ah. :D

*mulder: dyan ko din binili apv namin! its red, m/t. kausap mo si ms glenda de mesa?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    pre, i own a beige APV, more than a yr na at mga 12T na mileage. sa computation ko mga 10km/l takbo nya (w/ on and off aircon). ok na ba ito? how about sa psi, ano ang nilalagay mo?

ty pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    After almost 35K kms, am still satisfied with my APV. Here are the reviews I posted some time ago:

As a previous owner of Honda SUVs and minivans such as the 2001 MDX, 2002 2.4L CR-V, 1999 Odyssey (2nd gen) and 1996 Odyssey (1st gen), the 2005 APV isn't that bad considering that it offers the best 2nd row and 3rd row head and leg room not to mention the best 3rd row entry. A/T is also smoother than my 1999 3.5L V6 and 1996 2.2L SOHC Odysseys but Honda seem to have gotten it right in the 2nd gen CR-V. Been to Baguio (with 8 adults and 2 kids as lap passengers plus luggages) and Subic with an observed hiway mileage of 8.2 km/l. City driving is a different story though as it can be as low as 6.1 up to 6.8 kms/liter during my first 5K kms but has since improved to its current city-driving mileage of 7.5 to 7.9 kms/liter. The small 1.6L engine produces adequate power probably because of its mid-engine/rear wheel drive configuration. It also has a great view of the road though the A-pillars seems to be a little too thick for visibility. With my 3M magic tints intact, the A/C's cooling prowess seems up there with the best. Infact, I thought it rivals my MDX's 19k BTU cooling system that slightly exceeds the heating and cooling capacity found in the average STET home (an 18K BTU A/C will cool an average 1100 sq ft home). It can cool the cavernous interior of the APV that was left under the sun for a day in seconds. BUT after a stone-throwing incident that got the tints removed (I had a full windshield tint), the A/C feels average (have re-installed 3M magic tints again). Turning radius is great and you'll love its drivability and maneuverability which are a tad better than most AUVs and even SUVs. Ergonomics seems to be at par with its Jap counterparts. The nice-sounding 2-DIN stereo w/ 6 speakers, reverse warning audible, 60/40 2nd/3rd row split seats, fog lights (which adds to an already good night visibility), engine immobilizer, and large side mirrors are also a pleasant surprise in this price range.

Nuff of the good stuffs and on to my rants. My main gripe as experienced are the tires. Besides being too puny looking, it could use a better set of quality tires that will not loose its grip of the road during emergency maneuvers. I've since replaced it with a set of 225/16/50 Rota mags on Potenza wheels and have noticed a huge improvement when going on small pot holes as well as in cornering while maintaining its sporty acceleration. Theoretically, I don't think the APV is really prone to rollovers as all of the heavy parts are placed underneath (engine included). Although it is asking for too much in this price range, ABS would be a nice addition. Steering is also numb on center and the 3rd row passengers better be prepared for the bouncy ride. Started hearing some squeeks coming from the rear door at about 30k kms. Some APV owners advised that the squeeks might have come from the 'jurassic' rear suspension set up but Hino assured it was not. Hinigpitan na ng Hino lahat ng mahihigpitan sa rear door and I've personally lubricated it... humina lang pero the squeeks are still there. Not too loud for the driver and front passenger but anoying just the same for the 2nd/3rd row occupants. Will have it looked at again on my 35K PMS. Lastly, the driver seat is also tiring (my buns literally was hurting after 2 hours of driving and so was my back) and it lacks a foot rest leaving your left leg restless on long drives.

The engine being under the drivers seat is a non-issue as Suzuki have done a good job of isolating the engine heat and noise . It also houses its radiator under the hood for better ventillation which should give us peace of mind against overheating while the elevated in-take should be enough for driving through floods around the Metro during the rainy season. And if this is not enough, Suzuki Philippines has thrown in a 3-year warranty and a 2-year free maintenance.

BTW, we got our unit for PHP 715K (w/ PHP 4K discount for ePass, free 3M magic tints - full windshield, rust proofing and free LTO registration) and am beginning to be a Suzuki believer (too bad the Swift only has 3 doors).

Here are some stuffs we have replaced and added.

Replaced:
    - rear door balancer (under warranty)
    - puny mag wheels and tires (replaced with 225/16/50)
    - brake pads (on my 30K kms PMS). A/T daw kasi.... will try to change my driving habits na din.
    - Right fog light bulb (2X). If this persists, I might have its wiring checked na din.
    - Rear right brake light bulb.
    - Antennae (due to an incident involving a low ceiling while on reverse).

Added:
    - Dual 7" LCD monitors on head rest w/ DVD player (from the money I saved up instead of buying the "other" A/T car).
    - 225/16/50 Rota mag wheels on Potenza tires.
    - OEM window visors that turned out a bad buy as I park on covered parking but who knows....
    - Titan back up sensors (had a little accident backing up).
    - Leather seats from PilHino.

I would like to remind my fellow APV owners that wheel allignment/balancing/rotation is not included in the PMS as I found out resulting to a new set of 225/16/50 mag wheels and tires. Nasanay kasi ako outside the Philippines na pag sinabing "preventive", preventive talaga at hindi selective maintenance.

BTW, the APV contains a short but positive review on the Nov. issue of C! magazine. Didn't like the review though as they were leading readers to believe that the APV sports a good suspension, hehehe. Might be comparing the APV with other AUVs though. But I totally agree on sweet engine and A/T hook up..... Also, may decent review den ang tsikot sa APV on the Diesels, SUVs, Mini-SUVs, AUVs and Trucks section.

Disclaimer: Respeto na lang po sa experience at opinion ko.

Hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    sorry, mga 7-8.6 km/liter lang pala.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
    sorry, mga 7-8.6 km/liter lang pala.
    gud day mackiboy! ok na ang www.clubcarryph.tk, i did a check-up and lumipat ako ng forums server, so i guess ok na ok na kayong guys mag-log in.

with regards to fuel economy tips, eto ang suggestions ko to get a 6-8 km/l reading (di kami kasi nakapagbreak-in eh) on an m/t...

shift at 2000k, shift to an earlier gear, and stable tapak lang sa gas. bihira lang kami kasi mag-aircon kaya ganun eh.

macky ,do you have an idea kung magkano ang OEM foglights? walang foglights kasi ang apv manual tranny ko eh, hehe, tska magkano yung dvd player mo? :D

log-in ka na bro sa www.clubcarryph.tk or http://z8.invisionfree.com/clubcarryph/index.php.

see you there all guys!!!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    pwede na ba magpakabit ng mga accs kahit nasa warranty period pa? baka kasi kung nagka-sira sabuhin ng casa na dahil sa kinabit na accs. what are your experiences ba mga bro. gusto ko kasi pakabitan ng alarm ang apv ko eh.

Quote Originally Posted by j-six View Post
    gud day mackiboy! ok na ang www.clubcarryph.tk, i did a check-up and lumipat ako ng forums server, so i guess ok na ok na kayong guys mag-log in.

with regards to fuel economy tips, eto ang suggestions ko to get a 6-8 km/l reading (di kami kasi nakapagbreak-in eh) on an m/t...

shift at 2000k, shift to an earlier gear, and stable tapak lang sa gas. bihira lang kami kasi mag-aircon kaya ganun eh.

macky ,do you have an idea kung magkano ang OEM foglights? walang foglights kasi ang apv manual tranny ko eh, hehe, tska magkano yung dvd player mo? :D

log-in ka na bro sa www.clubcarryph.tk or http://z8.invisionfree.com/clubcarryph/index.php.

see you there all guys!!!!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    Congrats on your nice and shiny APV!
    Babaan mo na lang tire pressure (I'm running on 28psi), mas gaganda talbog.

Post some pix naman dyan
    Yup! I'll post some pics di ko pa lang kasi nakukuhanan e pero pag nakunan ko na post ko agad ang bago kong baby (APV)

Kaya pala matagtag kasi 50 ang karga ng gulong. Grabe di ba nila chineck un bago dineliver sa akin??? Binabaan ko 30-35 ok na siya. Smooth driving na.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
    pwede na ba magpakabit ng mga accs kahit nasa warranty period pa? baka kasi kung nagka-sira sabuhin ng casa na dahil sa kinabit na accs. what are your experiences ba mga bro. gusto ko kasi pakabitan ng alarm ang apv ko eh.
    ok lang yun bro. nagpakabit ako kasi ng alarm sa apv ko din right after galing sa casa.

with regards to warranty pag nasira apv mo due to accessories, di na problema yan ng casa...it will be the responsibilty of the shop na pinagkabitan mo ng accessories.

bro, i suggest register ka sa club na naminso as we guys could hear your problems there sa club. its on www.clubcarryph.tk.

see you there!

* macky: ayos na yung site na namin, lumipat ako ng forum server kaya ok na. apv guys! register na kayo sa club namin! hehehe! :D

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
APV Club anyone?