New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just checking if anyone is interested..... got an APV last year and currently have 33K kms on it.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Just checking if anyone is interested..... got an APV last year and currently have 33K kms on it.

hi bro macky, we have planned to put up a car club exclusively for suzuki super carry owners here in the philippines.

since your APV is the second generation of the suzuki super carry, you are invited to join our humble club. the web address is www.clubcarryph.tk. hope to see you all there, as well as to all APV owners here in the Philippines!

j-six
    clubcarry.ph site admin

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Planing to buy an APV this end of Nov (06). Is it really worth it?

Anyway, once I have it I surely want to join your Force APV team !

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    Planing to buy an APV this end of Nov (06). Is it really worth it?

Anyway, once I have it I surely want to join your Force APV team !
    Im planning to get an APV too. Actually me and my wife are discussing this cause she wants to get a car and I want an APV. May I know the godds and bads of this car. Thanks

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I consider for almost two months and still can't decide whether to buy a APV, can anyone advice me beside this is a good buy in-term of $$price. What other reason that make you folks select Suzuki APV as your dream car ???

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    If you already have a car, your next vehicle should be a van. An APV to be exact!

But if your eyeing your first family vehicle, heck better get the APV still!!!

After a month of extensive research and on site haggling, finally, I am getting my unit tomorrow afternoon at Suzuki Kalookan !!! Wag lang akong abutan ng padating ng bagyo bukas!!!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Di ako naabutan ng bagyong Reming, buti na lang!

I am now a very proud owner of a black APV a/t!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    Di ako naabutan ng bagyong Reming, buti na lang!

I am now a very proud owner of a black APV a/t!
    Congratulations!!!!

I've read about your research on the other thread. Can you post the deal you got? Thanks.
    Last edited by Macky; December 1st, 2006 at 04:36 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    Im planning to get an APV too. Actually me and my wife are discussing this cause she wants to get a car and I want an APV. May I know the godds and bads of this car. Thanks
    After almost 35K kms, am still satisfied with my APV. Here are the reviews I posted some time ago:

As a previous owner of Honda SUVs and minivans such as the 2001 MDX, 2002 2.4L CR-V, 1999 Odyssey (2nd gen) and 1996 Odyssey (1st gen), the 2005 APV isn't that bad considering that it offers the best 2nd row and 3rd row head and leg room not to mention the best 3rd row entry. A/T is also smoother than my 1999 3.5L V6 and 1996 2.2L SOHC Odysseys but Honda seem to have gotten it right in the 2nd gen CR-V. Been to Baguio (with 8 adults and 2 kids as lap passengers plus luggages) and Subic with an observed hiway mileage of 8.2 km/l. City driving is a different story though as it can be as low as 6.1 up to 6.8 kms/liter during my first 5K kms but has since improved to its current city-driving mileage of 7.5 to 7.9 kms/liter. The small 1.6L engine produces adequate power probably because of its mid-engine/rear wheel drive configuration. It also has a great view of the road though the A-pillars seems to be a little too thick for visibility. With my 3M magic tints intact, the A/C's cooling prowess seems up there with the best. Infact, I thought it rivals my MDX's 19k BTU cooling system that slightly exceeds the heating and cooling capacity found in the average STET home (an 18K BTU A/C will cool an average 1100 sq ft home). It can cool the cavernous interior of the APV that was left under the sun for a day in seconds. BUT after a stone-throwing incident that got the tints removed (I had a full windshield tint), the A/C feels average (have re-installed 3M magic tints again). Turning radius is great and you'll love its drivability and maneuverability which are a tad better than most AUVs and even SUVs. Ergonomics seems to be at par with its Jap counterparts. The nice-sounding 2-DIN stereo w/ 6 speakers, reverse warning audible, 60/40 2nd/3rd row split seats, fog lights (which adds to an already good night visibility), engine immobilizer, and large side mirrors are also a pleasant surprise in this price range.

Nuff of the good stuffs and on to my rants. My main gripe as experienced are the tires. Besides being too puny looking, it could use a better set of quality tires that will not loose its grip of the road during emergency maneuvers. I've since replaced it with a set of 225/16/50 Rota mags on Potenza wheels and have noticed a huge improvement when going on small pot holes as well as in cornering while maintaining its sporty acceleration. Theoretically, I don't think the APV is really prone to rollovers as all of the heavy parts are placed underneath (engine included). Although it is asking for too much in this price range, ABS would be a nice addition. Steering is also numb on center and the 3rd row passengers better be prepared for the bouncy ride. Started hearing some squeeks coming from the rear door at about 30k kms. Some APV owners advised that the squeeks might have come from the 'jurassic' rear suspension set up but Hino assured it was not. Hinigpitan na ng Hino lahat ng mahihigpitan sa rear door and I've personally lubricated it... humina lang pero the squeeks are still there. Not too loud for the driver and front passenger but anoying just the same for the 2nd/3rd row occupants. Will have it looked at again on my 35K PMS. Lastly, the driver seat is also tiring (my buns literally was hurting after 2 hours of driving and so was my back) and it lacks a foot rest leaving your left leg restless on long drives.

The engine being under the drivers seat is a non-issue as Suzuki have done a good job of isolating the engine heat and noise . It also houses its radiator under the hood for better ventillation which should give us peace of mind against overheating while the elevated in-take should be enough for driving through floods around the Metro during the rainy season. And if this is not enough, Suzuki Philippines has thrown in a 3-year warranty and a 2-year free maintenance.

BTW, we got our unit for PHP 715K (w/ PHP 4K discount for ePass, free 3M magic tints - full windshield, rust proofing and free LTO registration) and am beginning to be a Suzuki believer (too bad the Swift only has 3 doors).

Here are some stuffs we have replaced and added.

Replaced:
    - rear door balancer (under warranty)
    - puny mag wheels and tires (replaced with 225/16/50)
    - brake pads (on my 30K kms PMS). A/T daw kasi.... will try to change my driving habits na din.
    - Right fog light bulb (2X). If this persists, I might have its wiring checked na din.
    - Rear right brake light bulb.
    - Antennae (due to an incident involving a low ceiling while on reverse).

Added:
    - Dual 7" LCD monitors on head rest w/ DVD player (from the money I saved up instead of buying the "other" A/T car).
    - 225/16/50 Rota mag wheels on Potenza tires.
    - OEM window visors that turned out a bad buy as I park on covered parking but who knows....
    - Titan back up sensors (had a little accident backing up).
    - Leather seats from PilHino.

I would like to remind my fellow APV owners that wheel allignment/balancing/rotation is not included in the PMS as I found out resulting to a new set of 225/16/50 mag wheels and tires. Nasanay kasi ako outside the Philippines na pag sinabing "preventive", preventive talaga at hindi selective maintenance.

BTW, the APV contains a short but positive review on the Nov. issue of C! magazine. Didn't like the review though as they were leading readers to believe that the APV sports a good suspension, hehehe. Might be comparing the APV with other AUVs though. But I totally agree on sweet engine and A/T hook up..... Also, may decent review den ang tsikot sa APV on the Diesels, SUVs, Mini-SUVs, AUVs and Trucks section.

Disclaimer: Respeto na lang po sa experience at opinion ko.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Macky; December 1st, 2006 at 02:03 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you guys need genuine Zuki parts, try calling Oliver (aka Zukiman) of www.4x4ph.com . He works for Suzuki and can get you OEM parts at good rates. Cheaper than most Banawe stores and cheaper than most dealerships (e.g. cheaper than Suzuki Caloocan).

He can also hook you up with Suzuki technicians that moonlight as freelancers during weekends.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
APV Club anyone?