New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Suzuki Carry 1.6 Dropside, the one that looks like an APV cab chassis with a dropside cargo bed.

I need a small pick-up truck for our business, but can't afford a brand-new Ranger, Strada, Hilux, etc. At P460,000 brand-new with a 3-year warranty and 770 kg payload capacity, it seems to make more sense than buying used (and all the maintenance hassles that come along with used).

Would appreciate any feedback on it, thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bananatype View Post
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Suzuki Carry 1.6 Dropside, the one that looks like an APV cab chassis with a dropside cargo bed.

I need a small pick-up truck for our business, but can't afford a brand-new Ranger, Strada, Hilux, etc. At P460,000 brand-new with a 3-year warranty and 770 kg payload capacity, it seems to make more sense than buying used (and all the maintenance hassles that come along with used).

Would appreciate any feedback on it, thanks!
    Since it's mechanically identical to the regular APV, it should drive and go decently. The only question is fuel economy compared, say, to a 4JA1T IPV... but it's not bad for a gasoline van... and you can buy a whole boatload of gasoline for the 200,000-300,000 in change you get compared to that one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Since it's mechanically identical to the regular APV, it should drive and go decently. The only question is fuel economy compared, say, to a 4JA1T IPV... but it's not bad for a gasoline van... and you can buy a whole boatload of gasoline for the 200,000-300,000 in change you get compared to that one.
    *niky Thanks for the feedback, I didn't know that it's mechanically identical to the APV. That's definitely a good thing since it means common parts. And you're right, an APV is decent to drive.

An alternative seems to be an L300 FB at P609,000, but I've driven one and it was a real throwback to the late-70s -- column shift, skinny plastic steering wheel, truck-like seating posture . . . not to mention way more money.

Thanks again, I'm much more interested after your feedback.

Cheers

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    saw that one in Suzuki Alabang.. front part of the APV and a large bed in the back.. didnt saw the price tag though.. went there for tuneup service... :D

ill try to ask if maka daan ulit..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Madaming gamit yang suzuki carry, pwede mong ipamili ng baboy lagyan mo lang ng grills, dito sa saudi panghakot nila ng kambing at tupa yan, at mukang matibay dahil yung mga model 1990 ay mga umaandar pa.

Kahit made in indonesia, Mas mainam na bumili ng brandnew suzuki carry kaysa sa mga japan surplas na ginamit ng 20 yrs sa japan, mas namahal ka pa. Kumpara naman sa toyota hilux. Ok pa din ang suzuki carry (Php 460,000) plus suzuki swift AT (Php 770,000). dalawa na sasakyan mo at tipid pa sa gas.

Matagal na din akong naghahanap nitong suzuki carry na ito buti na lang at dumating na sa pinas. dati nagtatanong ako sa mga suzuki dealer dyan sa metro manila ang sagot ba naman ay obsolete na daw. ayaw pa sabihin na wala pa silang available unit.

Anyone have a 2011 Suzuki Carry 1.6 Dropside