New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    What I mean is that this is a Toyota country, to a lot of folks here their religion is Toyota no matter what when it comes to vehicle. When I was planning to buy Celerio, my friends were not for it, and told me to buy the new Wigo instead. Toyota here is a myth and arguing about that is just a tiring thing.

I am happy with my Celerio but issues may arise which we may need help from other owners of this car, a more vibrant Celerio forum then will be a big help.

Anyway, my online search points to Vic C-932 oil filter as a replacement oil filter for Celerio ( engine model K10B). The recommended oil is 0W-20 API SN. To where I bought my unit, they are using Zic 5W-20. OC interval according to OM is every 15Tkm or every 12 mos or half these values for severe driving condition.

Celerio owners in India do not advice using OW-20 oil in Ist gen Celerio, it is not ready for that.
    Last edited by youngrider; January 10th, 2018 at 08:18 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ah interest meron pala 20w ang zic. good info. how much was it per liter?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    What I mean is that this is a Toyota country, to a lot of folks here their religion is Toyota no matter what when it comes to vehicle. When I was planning to buy Celerio, my friends were not for it, and told me to buy the new Wigo instead. Toyota here is a myth and arguing about that is just a tiring thing.

I am happy with my Celerio but issues may arise which we may need help from other owners of this car, a more vibrant Celerio forum then will be a big help.

Anyway, my online search points to Vic C-932 oil filter as a replacement oil filter for Celerio ( engine model K10B). The recommended oil is 0W-20 API SN. To where I bought my unit, they are using Zic 5W-20. OC interval according to OM is every 15Tkm or every 12 mos or half these values for severe driving condition.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    Have you tried the celerio fb page?
    Normally nasa fb na lang nagpopost yung ibang owners dahil mas accessible sya.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrider View Post
    Hahah very true. Kaso isa na rin ako sa pwedeng mag attest sa Toyota (vios) compared to my father's Swift.
    Swift - transmission/start-up issue (warranty claimed naman), malimit magbust ang break lights (yearly), suspension issue, the fuel tank metal cover nasira yung pagkaka-lock.
    Toyota - warranty claim on issue where a light indicator in the dash (ABS ata) intermittently lights up. no risk on the car's driving operation and was resolved via warranty.

Just to clear, I personally am not a fanatic of the T badge, just stating facts. I still love that Swift, driving dynamics is really miles apart from the Vios.

Siguro kung for business o sasakyan ni Misis, T badge ako, pero kung personal... my heart is saying Subaru, Mazda, or Honda (Civic 1.5 Turbo). If only Suzuki is offering the Swift turbo here.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I hope reliability issues won't be a big problem with the latest Celerio as it is made Thailand and not from India. I intend to use Celerio almost exclusively for city driving With that, per experience, just following OC, tire, and SP change plus some waxing and buffing is enough for100T km. No major under chassis service is really necessary and the more you tinker with your car the more problem will arise.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Zic 5W-20 is 580.00 pesos per liter dito sa casa. But I can buy Mitsubishi FS 0W-20 oil for 420.00 per liter from their service center. Mitsubishi owns the JX Nippon Oil the maker of Eneos and other OEM oils for Japanese transport machines.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    very good info, I thought Honda waa the only dealership selling 20 weights. mitsu rin pala

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I am about to cross the 500 km mileage for Celerio. Last week I was able to test it for a H-way drive for about 30 km w/ fastest speed of about 120 kph nominal of 80kph, my FC (MID) was a bit less that 20km/L. Yesterday, it was raining hard, I was driving it at about 22 kph 3rd gear for around 8 km, my FC was 13.7 km/L (MID). The drive was almost jerk free, stronger engine vibration was felt when the speed went down to about 15kph. I guess, I should have gotten the CVT version if I have to drive like this more often.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I found the ff differences of the engine between Gen1 & Gen 2 Celerio:

1. Increased the compression ratio to 11.
    2. Applied anti- friction coating of upper engine components.
    3. AKA Suzuki K-Next engine.
    4. Mileage gain to 23km/L.

The K10C engine of Europe Celerio, has CR of 12, FC of 27km/L, has VVT DualJet technology.

Why thinner engine oil is not adviced for the old K10B engine. My assumption is the added anti friction coating of the upper engine of KNext and K10C results to higher engine oil pressure to lubricate upper engine parts or have installed a modified oil pump to maintain adequate pressure for low viscosity engine oil, like sa Mirage.