New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    Would recommend the Swift 1.2 since I own one, but for sane reasons I'd recommend the Celerio or Mirage. The Swift looks great, and is very fun to drive so the temptation to drive fast will be even more prominent. These are things you don't want to give your kid in college. Call them risks, if you will.

As for the Celerio vs Mirage, the Celerio is cheaper, slightly more spacious and slightly easier to maneuver because of its smaller external dimensions. The smaller dimensions are a godsend in when parking and in traffic which made me appreciate my Hyundai i10 which was my car back in college. The cheaper Mirage variant (GLX) has about the same amount of equipment as the Celerio AT, with the exception of ABS which is only available on the higher-end GLS variant. Both are very fuel efficient, with a slight edge to the Celerio because it has the new K10B Dualjet engine and a smaller 1.0L displacement. Some Mirage vs Celerio comparo reviews actually show the Celerio to have better fuel consumption. Would actually choose the Celerio in this case.
    Its not the dualjet engine Fyi

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Mirage glx has ABS already. But again, this should be a toss coin if you are just looking at the specs. Sa pms interval na lang magkakatalo

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    sa India, they have celerio with Amt. acts like a manual transmission without the clutch. looks like they have the latest there..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinworld View Post
    sa India, they have celerio with Amt. acts like a manual transmission without the clutch. looks like they have the latest there..
    They have their R&D facility there. Here in Ph reseller lng. Even other countries dont have AMT yet since its a new product.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    With a single passenger the new celerio indeed trumps the mirage in terms of frugality

But when it hauls more passengers mirage will trump celerio because celerios engine at 1.0 displacement will have to work harder

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    With a single passenger the new celerio indeed trumps the mirage in terms of frugality

But when it hauls more passengers mirage will trump celerio because celerios engine at 1.0 displacement will have to work harder
    The low range cvt on both sort of eliminates the displacement talk between the two. Still with city traffic their fc will be really close. Id still give it to the celerio though.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Its not the dualjet engine Fyi
    Ahh yes. My bad. I was thinking of the K12B. Nevertheless the Celerio soundly beats the Mirage in terms of fuel efficiency in comparo reviews.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    The low range cvt on both sort of eliminates the displacement talk between the two. Still with city traffic their fc will be really close. Id still give it to the celerio though.
    The heavier the load the harder the engine will have to work no matter what the transmission the engine is mated with

Thats where mirages 1.2 3 cylinders will trump celerios 1.0 3 cylinders
    Last edited by kisshmet; August 16th, 2015 at 11:56 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Seems like no one is interested with the new celerio?or should I say no one is interested with the suzukissss?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Jimny can give better flood wading capability, with a more potent engine than any of the small cars today. It's built like a tank and should last way beyond your kid's college years.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast